Ratu Kini's Backpackers & Dive Resort, Mana Island

Nadi
8.6

Ratu Kini's Backpackers & Dive Resort is listed at the following booking sites:

It is the only way to book Ratu Kini's Backpackers & Dive Resort

How is Ratu Kini's Backpackers & Dive Resort rated on booking websites?

Ratu Kini's Backpackers & Dive Resort Reviews

Bad hygiene and poor service

the hygiene is actually shocking, there are lots of flies around especially at the dinner tables, the toilets are quite dirty, we had blood stains on the bed sheets which was really unpleasant. Not to forget only cold showers are possible. We had booked ten days in advance -- unfortunately -- during our stay there were two robberies during that time in the dorm rooms. The service is poor as you get the impression that the staff just doesn't care. All the rubbish lands in the backyard of the so-called 'resort' not very nice all together.

Sara
2012-06-16
England

Best beaches -- 3 great ones to choose from, especially Sunset Beach.

I have stayed here 3 times, just love it and intend to go back for 3wks in 2011. The food is ok -- dorm is basic & clean. Staff helpful when needed but otherwise dont bother guests. I have also stayed at most of the other resorts in Yasawas & Ratu Kini compares best & cheapest from them.

Jane
2010-04-05
(New Zealand)

Amazing -- paradise is here!

This place was incredible! I had the best of times there! People from other hostels on the island kept coming to ours to hang out and party (even the people from the expensive resort!). The food was good (and free), the dorms were clean and the staff were nice. There were loads of entertainment (every night something new!). They welcome all the newcomers with a bowl of kava and they introduce you to the rest of the people there. Snorkeling there is crazy (go to sunset beach). Great place! Best I have been in my life!

Cindy
2008-10-03
Canada

I stayed at this backpackers in 1996, I plan to go back there very soon. I have travelled to many countries around the world and mana island in Fiji is one that I really remembered the most, I had such a fantastic time snorkling and have not experienced anything so amazing anywhere else in the world.

Trace Haimes
2007-04-15
New Zealand

The double room was filthy, matress on the floor for a bed, no proper lock on the door. Dont stay here if you value your property we were robbed whilst sleeping!

the police informed us it happens frequently! the dorms have been burnt down there before by the villigers!

facilities were dirty and shared with the villiage so always full.

Manager was the most unhelpful rude person I have ever met in my entire life!!!!!

Claire & Jon
2005-12-21

Cool hostel, friendly staff who were very helpful. Great bar at the front where we spent loads of time. Rooms were clean, bathrooms clean but very basic. Cooked meals, again basic, but ok. All made up for by being in paradise, meeting loads of cool people and having a brilliant time!! Watch out for the boat transfer over as they will try and rip you off.

Si and kate
2005-07-25

Myself and my three mates spent four nights at Ratu Kini back in February of this year, and to say we had a fantastic time is an understatement!! We were sorry when we moved onto another island, as we didn't have half as much fun. The staff are wonderful people and I have recommended Mana Island to every person I have spoken to about it. I know I will visit there again.

Alison, Tara, Mary and Karen.

The 4 Dublin Girls!!
2005-05-16

An absolute paradise, everybody is so friendly there. The kids are adorable, say a big hello to Elton and Tomas. I went and stayed on the island twice while on my trip to Fiji.

Mags (Ireland)
2005-04-16

Ratu Kini's Backpackers & Dive Resort Reviews from the Web

I had a wonderful stay at Ratu Kini. The staff was very friendly and kind. The food prices were affordable unlike most other stays on the islands. The WiFi costs $20FJD/day which I think is wildly expensive but its optional. Just a nice, super chill, place to relax. Wish they had a hammock or some lounge chairs but for the price, I cant complain.

lorenemulrooney8424
2020-01-16

500 words are not enough for the review that Ratu Kinis deserves. The team were SO fun, kind and friendly. They will help you with anything, from sunburn to sadness, I arrived with my brother but he left before me and I received many hugs and even a smoothie to cheer me up. If you go here with an open heart and mind you will leave with friends. I was gutted when it was my time to leave. A very special place, full of very special people, theres nowhere quite like it.

Go see for yourself

chelseareilly15311
2020-01-15

Liked: Leider war unser gebuchtes Zimmer ber Hostelbookers vor Ort nicht mehr verfgbar. Wir haben also anstatt eines "BeachViews" den "GartenView" erhalten. Schade, da wir uns eigentlich genau aus diesem Grund fr dieses Hostel entschieden. Das Hostel Mangement kam uns allerdings entgegen. So konnten wir kostenlos Lunch und Dinner genieen.Das Essen war wirklich sehr gut. Ebenso das Personal. Die Lage des Hostels ist auf der Windseite aber direkt am Strand. Ausserdem wohnt man mitten zwischen den "Eingeborenen" -wir fanden das Klasse, andere mgen dies eventuell weniger. Heies Wasser gab es in der Dusche auch nicht, aber das war bei den Temperaturen kein Problem. Trotz allem haben wir unser Aufenthalt sehr genossen und wrden wieder kommen. Weitere Details auf www.AroundWorld.de Didn't like: Leider war unser gebuchtes Zimmer ber Hostelbookers vor Ort nicht mehr verfgbar. Wir haben also anstatt eines "BeachViews" den "GartenView" erhalten. Schade, da wir uns eigentlich genau aus diesem Grund fr dieses Hostel entschieden. Das Hostel Mangement kam uns allerdings entgegen. So konnten wir kostenlos Lunch und Dinner genieen.Das Essen war wirklich sehr gut. Ebenso das Personal. Die Lage des Hostels ist auf der Windseite aber direkt am Strand. Ausserdem wohnt man mitten zwischen den "Eingeborenen" -wir fanden das Klasse, andere mgen dies eventuell weniger. Heies Wasser gab es in der Dusche auch nicht, aber das war bei den Temperaturen kein Problem. Trotz allem haben wir unser Aufenthalt sehr genossen und wrden wieder kommen. Weitere Details auf www.AroundWorld.de

2015-06-26

Liked: Lovely staff, amazing location, amazing beach - absolute paradise Didn't like: Dorm very hot but it is Fiji!!!

2014-12-31

Liked: Great location, nice people Didn't like: Beds/amenities were sub par and food could have been cheaper/more side dishs/flexibility

2014-02-12

Staff was really nice and made us feel like part of the family, great atmosphere :)

2013-09-06

Liked: good place Didn't like: the graden view room is little far to the sea.

2013-06-30

Liked: A friendly small basic backpackers. Staff are very nice and diving instructors are great and the PADI dive courses are fantastic prices (an amazing place to dive). Cheapest place on Mabul Didn't like: Very basic accommodation and room. It is just a simple wooden long house with basic showers and shared bathrooms. It is overpriced for Borneo but it does include all meals (not great food for vegetarians but if you ask they'll make you an omelette especially)

2013-06-22

Liked: Great location being right on the beach with locals selling souvenirs on the short walk to the next hostel. There were beach chairs and hammocks to chill out on.Super friendly hostel and diving staff. The 12 bed dorm room was spacious with clean and comfortable bunk beds. Although I was told that I was lucky to be in my room because the other dorm room had reported bed bugs. Standard breakfast with toast, butter, jam, cereals, tea, coffee and juice. Free 1/2 hour of wifi with computer facilities available for use. If you ordered al a carte, the seafood was really fresh (you see the owner come in every morning and night with his catch for the restaurant) and tasty but it might be a bit too expensive for those on a budget. Didn't like: The en suite showers and toilets were stinky upon my arrival. Lucky these smells did not flow into the dorm area. Lunch and dinner included were pretty bland- vegetarian fried rice with an egg and beef curry with rice and a pappadum.

2013-06-14

Liked: Our room was spacious and had a private bathroom which was nice. On the terrace you have a great view over the ocean. The entertainment-programm in the evening might seem a bit cheesy, but just go along with it, it's fun. The hammocks were nice. And you can rent snorkeling gear for a good price. Didn't like: The staff wasn't very friendly and motivated. They did things only when you asked them the third or fourth time about it, and then did it only half. The food was nothing special and overpriced for the low quality you get. Many tours they offer don't even take place, so you might like to organize them yourself.

2012-07-20

Liked: Well located close to the beach. Didn't like: Too much clothes hanging everywhere.

2012-07-12

The staff were amazing- really friendly and organised lots of free activities; including volleyball, bracelet making and themed evenings. Lots of singing and guitar playing every night! Mana island is beautiful and not full of backpackers, which I found to be a refreshing, having spent a few months in loud hostels. The food was great at the resort and a beautiful beach right outside. (however, better beaches on Mana are survivor and sunset, just a short walk away) We had such a great time here, so relaxing and would definitely go back!

2012-06-29

Diving - We have available a full PADI dive facility on Mana. With PADI Certified Dive Instructors on hand, we provide introductory dives, open water courses, and certified dives accessing over 22 dive sites across the Mamanuca Group waters. We also feature the famours "SUPERMARKET" dives, only minutes away from the resort. Our Dive packages are available from as low as $200. Please make prior reservation at rtkinihostel@connect.com.fj

• Ratu Kini's is the ultimate Fiji backpacker on stunning Mana Island. Lying 30km off the west coast of the main island, Mana is in the Mamanuca group, world famous for its tourist destination. With white powdery sand and relaxing beaches, water sports, and evenings of cultural activities, Ratu Kini Backpacker provides a memorable destination for travellers .
• Our main activities include island hopping, scuba diving, kayaking, fishing, snorkeling and visiting the island used to film Tom Hanks movie "Castaway". (more information).
• Getting to the island : We provide a daily shuttle to the island and it takes no more than an hour to get there. We leave at 1030am from Nadi Bay, and return to the mainland at 1:30pm. There are other ferries that go across on a regular basis, so you can get to Mana anytime. While our ferry charges $100 return per person, other ferrys may have different rates. The latest ferry departs for Mana at 3:00pm and the last ferry leaves Mana at 4:30pm.
• We provide a regular courtesy bus to pick you up from the airport or any Nadi location and drop you off at the dock. On returning from Mana, we also provide free drop offs to the airport or your Nadi destination.

Address: Nadi, Mana Island, Mamanuca Islands, Fiji

Ratu Kini's Backpackers & Dive Resort is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Not listed at Booking.com Not listed at HostelsClub

Website Ratu Kini's Backpackers & Dive Resort Mana Island (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: (679) 672 1959 Mobile: 9991348

Themed Dinner Nights

Walking Tours

Minimum Stay: 2 nights

Reception Hours: 12 hours

Size: Large (60-100 beds)

Rate Ratu Kini's Backpackers & Dive Resort