Casa del Tio Hostel, Guanajuato

Centro Histórico
7.0

Casa del Tio Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

It is the only way to book Casa del Tio Hostel

How is Casa del Tio Hostel rated on booking websites?

Casa del Tio Hostel Reviews

Find something better!

If it hadn't been for the Cervantino festival and everything being booked up, I wouldn't have stayed here. They still haven't got the hang of emptying bins or cleaning the bathrooms. The terrace would be nice if they gave it a good scrub, they also won't allow you up there after 10 p.m. There is a sushi restaurant downstairs and all the washing up from that comes to the hostel kitchen. The people that start work there in the morning will also put the TV on very loud and very early, which can be clearly heard from all the dorms -- nil points!

Zoe
2008-10-17
UK

Eh.

Staff was very friendly and the pink rooftop terrace was quite nice. The location was very convenient -- one-minute walk from the main "Jardin," though the road noise got a little tiresome at night. I don't give this place a very good rating because it was pretty darn dirty. I don't think the bathroom was cleaned once while I was there, and the linens were dirty when I arrived. There were indeed security lockers, but random people could come and go just a little too easily for my liking. So I'd stay in a different hostel next time -- and I mean next time because this city is wild!

Caty
2007-07-16

Nice dorm rooms, festive rooftop terrace, and excellent location in Guanajuato. Unfortunately, the bathrooms were not cleaned the six days I was there, which prompted me to find another hostel for my last days.

Sherie
2006-08-20

Casa del Tio Hostel Reviews from the Web

Liked: The location of this hostel is great, as it's close to a lot of interesting sights in the historic centre. The hot water in the shower was much appreciated. There is also a really good Asian restaurant in the entrance, for those who want to avoid tacos for once. They even have tofu on the menu... Didn't like: I was alone in my dorm for the most part of my stay, so it was a bit too quiet for me. Also, there is a common area, but it's rather small. Finally, the door of my dorm was actually in the stairs, which could be dangerous at night.

2015-02-08

La ubicacin, te incluyan el desayuno y wifi gratis es lo mejor. Todos fueron muy amables.. Muy recomendable

2012-11-07

Liked: muy cntrico Didn't like: no se respet mi reservacin tal y como la hice

2011-11-29

Liked: I recommend this place to everyone going to stay in Guanajuato. The atmosphere of the place was really relax and friendly. The rooms were clean and the location of the hostel is right in the historical center and at two minutes walking of great bars and pubs. Didn't like: - Only one washroom for the girls- We cannot lock our room, so we need to put our valuable stuff in lockers that could easily be forced by someone who really would like to steal your stuff.

2011-10-07

Liked: The location of the property is it's best feature. The roof top patio they have is also pretty stellar. The staff is friendly, the facilities are decent. I'd recommend it for small or large groups. I stayed there this time with nine others and as far as I know, there are no serious complaints. Didn't like: Because we were such a large group, and most of us are female, the one bathroom situation did get kind of old. I'd suggest more facilities for ladies.

2011-09-23

La Casa del Tio is recommended by Lonely Planet, Let,s Go and other travel guides because it has a great location, cleanliness, security and good value.
Those characteristics are the keys of success of this small hostel and bed & breakfast located inside the historic Guanajuato, a few steps of the Teatro Juarez, el Jardin and the best museums in town.

Furthermore, for your own protection, this hostel is one of the few business legally operating, member of the Mexican Hostel Association.

The hostel�s cheaper accommodations are in the second floor and the Bed and Breakfast in the first. All the costumers have free access to the hostel wireless network, the kitchen, laundry and orientation services from the friendly staff and owners. They also offer tours and transportation services from the bus terminal or airport for an extra fee. If you arrive by car there is a protected paid parking nearby. Additionally, to make your stay more comfortable, this hostel also has a Sushi restaurant for lunch and dinner time. Once a week they have a special of two items for the price of one. However the best place it�s the rooftop and the amazing view of the Historic Center and mountains.

La Casa del Tio is in so great location than filmmakers have used the surroundings since the time of Brigitte Bardot (Viva Maria) to Antonio Banderas blockbuster Once Upon a Time in Mexico. In addition the hostel accommodations are in the only Art Deco building in Guanajuato. So... book right now La Casa del Tio and taste the real life of Guanajuato!

• La Casa del Tio is sorounded by the city's cultural landmarks and historic sites such as Jardin de la Union, Teatro Juarez, funicular to Pipila monument, the University of Guanajuato and the most important colonial churches.
• Also near by are the most exiting bars and clubs of this Guanajuato students city, you can ask our front desk crew for information and usefull tips.
• Spanish language schools and budget restaurants are also near by.

Address: Cantarranas 47, Centro Histórico, Guanajuato, Guanajuato, Mexico

Casa del Tio Hostel is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Not listed at Booking.com Not listed at HostelsClub

Website Casa del Tio Hostel Guanajuato (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: +52 (473) 733 9728