J-Hoppers Osaka Universal is about 15 minutes walk to USJ and just 1 stop from the nearest JR station Ajikawaguchi to Universal City Sta. You can also go to Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan by river ferry.
If you have Japan Rail Pass, the train to Ajikawaguchi Sta is covered by it! It's very convenient to go out to the city center.
In J-Hoppers Osaka Universal, there are Wi-Fi throughout the hostel, shared PCs available and a communal kitchen which is fitted with a microwave, toaster, coffee maker, rice cooker, cooking utensils and tableware. Free coffee, tea, Japanese tea and various kinds of seasoning are available to use. 24hr bathrooms include soap and shampoo. There is a hi-tech toilet and lavatory with hair dryers on each floor.
We’re happy to store your luggage for free before check-in and after check-out. Longer-term luggage storage is available for returning guests.
Dorm bed is a quite large sized loft bed included enough space to put your luggage. Equipped with a personal reading light, plug outlet and curtain.
Private Rooms (shared bathroom):
Type A : JPN style room with 2 loft beds, which is better suited for 4 persons guests.
Type B : JPN style room with a loft bed, which is better suited for 3 persons guests.
+++Terms and Conditions+++
1) Group Booking
Even when booking into smaller groups does not exempt that party of the 12 or more rule. In which case, we can not guarantee a reservation will be kept. A group of over 4 persons can not be stayed in a same dormitory room.
2) Credit card number
We need the card number and expiration date of your credit card for booking guarantee. We accept VISA,MASTER or JCB. If it is found that the credit card is invalid, we require that you send a valid card. We don't guarantee to keep your booking without a valid credit card number. We do not charge for your stay with this credit card. Only should you go against the above articles, we will charge you the applicable cancellation fee. Should you arrive without incident, please make your payment upon your arrival by cash or credit card. We accept different credit cards from the one you gave us for booking as long as the card is VISA, MASTER or JCB
Should a child share a bed with an adult, we do not charge accommodation fees for them, should they use a separate bed, we charge the same accomodation fee as an adult.
Children under 12 years of age may not stay in the Dormitory, even if they stay with their parents in the same room.
We do not accept a booking without an adult. If you are at least 16 years of age and want to stay by yourself without an adult, we require that you submit a consent document in advance. Persons 18 and older are considered adults.
4) Cancellation Policy:
1. If you wish to cancel or change your reservation, we will require 2 days advance notice before the date of your arrival (e.g. if your arrival date is on the 5th, cancellation should be on the 3rd before 10pm Japan time), otherwise you will be charged the cancellation fee of one night's stay. Cancellations made with two days advance notice or more will not be charged.
2. If you fail to check in as scheduled, we will cancel all your bookings and you will be charged the cancellation fee.
3. During your stay, we also require two days advance notice, should you want to change the duration of your stay. As long as you notify us two days before, we will refund the fee you have already paid.
4.For groups of 5 or more people, we may require additional condition when you make a reservation.
5) Accommodation Terms:
1. Please make your payment for your entire stay upon your arrival. Credit Cards accepted (VISA, MASTER or JCB)
2. Check-in time 15:00 to 22:00 / Check-out time 8:00 to 11:00 / Reception hours : 8:00-14:00 & 15:00-22:00. In case you arrive from 22:00 onward, please let us know in advance. We have no curfew and lockout.
3. We take no responsibility for the loss or damage of guest’s belongings regardless if it is in a private room, dorm room or common space including the luggage storage.
4. Excessive noise or other behavior complaints will be subject to one warning. Any further complaints will result in immediate eviction with no refund
5. We must be notified immediately of any loss or damage to our property. Guests will be charged reasonably for any repair or replacement of any property loss,removal or damage.
6. We will keep an unclaimed lost article for 3 months after you check out. After that we dispose of them.
7. Smoking is not allowed inside of the building. (Outside entrance is allowed) If there is any evidence to suggest you have been smoking. i.e. setting off smoke detectors or leaving cigarette remains(ash,butts,burn marks.) you will be removed from the premises.
8. Unfortunately we have no elevator. Please note that you will have to carry your luggage up.