Hostel La Botella de Leche, Tamarindo

Tamarindo Beach
8.9

Hostel La Botella de Leche is listed at the following booking sites:

It is the only way to book Hostel La Botella de Leche

How is Hostel La Botella de Leche rated on booking websites?

Hostel La Botella de Leche Reviews

La Botella de Leche is a very chill hostel. You'll find its residents lazing back in the hammocks, chairs or porch swings whenever they are not surfing.

The hostel is about two minutes from the main street and the one of the bus stops at which the San Jose-bound buses stop. You'll reach the beach after about five minutes, as well. The location is perfect -- far enough from the downtown that you don't hear the karaoke until 5 a.m. and close enough that it's perfectly convenient.

The rooms tend to be rented out to groups, though they do have the option of public dorm rooms. If you're in a public dorm, you won't have lockers for your belongings. The rooms are incredible nice and clean, and the AC is turned on after 6 p.m. every day. Each room has an attached, ensuite bathroom.

The one main common space is extensive, covering a large kitchen, communal table, porch, several computers, and plenty of couches. It's easy to strike up a conversation with someone else watching one of the sports games constantly on on the TV.

Summary

You'll feel casual and relaxed here, as it is a great place to meet interesting characters, though not necessarily to party.

Christina Heggie
2010-04-03

Great!

I stayed at Hostel la botella de leche in 2007. I got off to a rocky start, since my room was not available and the people before me decided to stay one more night. So, I stayed in their "tiny" room, since I didn't want to take their advice to go to another hostel. This was disappointing, since as you know traveling many hours and faced with disappointment is always worse when you are in a foreign country. After this first night, things improved dramatically! I moved into the private room I had booked for two weeks and I had a lovely time. The owner, she is very nice, friendly, helpful, but relaxed. She hails from Argentina. She gets help from her sons and a small staff of costa rican woman who come in daily to clean, plant and paint "moo's moo's". The prices are very inexpensive and my room was lovely and spacious. The bathroom in the house is very nice and artistically constructed. My fellow hostelers were all interesting and came from America, Italy, Germany, and many other places. It is a great hostel and I hope many people get to visit la botella de leche! I love the fact that they put their prices on their descriptions and tell you exactly what you get. It saves hours and hours of search time, compared to other hostels that don't put prices or price ranges and have lengthy vague descriptions that could fit any hostel. Or worse of all, don't have pictures of their rooms.

kharim
2009-06-21
American

Fantastic

I've gotta say, this is probably the best hostel in Tamarindo. There's a reason why its in the Lonely planet guide. Costs 10 dollars a night but I think it's worth it. rooms house at most four people, which is kinda nice. The owners are great, got a nice common area for watching TV or whatever, bunch of soft leathery couches and bean bag chairs. And generally you can just figure out where everybody's going and party all night long.

Eric
2009-06-03
Canadian

Hostel La Botella de Leche Reviews from the Web

Staff were amazing! Best staff weve seen in any hostel on our trip!

louiseb-1232589
2022-07-25

For the price, you would have hoped for more. Virtually no security as the dorms are left unlocked. For it being so far off the main strip, one would think it would be less noisy but not the case. The Selina is a better option for quiet atmosphere.

joshtomlinson20141938
2022-07-18

Definitely the best hostel in Tamarindo! The kitchen is clean, the rooms have a/c and are comfortable, and the pool/hammocks are great to chill in if you just want to stay in for the night. The staff is also amazing and very accommodating. Thank you Marcos for running a great hostel and also a shout out to Luciano, Leo, Flor, and Martin for helping to make this a great vacation in Tamarindo.

antonymolina
2022-07-14

Amazing hostel. The staff was so incredibly nice and fun. Would 100% come back again!

camilalerner141954
2022-07-06

I absolutely loved my stay here. It is a gem! Close to everything and w week e is super help her

crissanti
2022-07-01

Honestly torn about this place: on one hand, the social atmosphere is good and the rooms are great; however, they are super strict about the 11pm curfew and do not even allow you to stay in the common areas -- you are forced into your rooms. I had a private room and invited other hostel guests to hang out in my room, and the security guard literally knocked on our door to kick everyone out. A noise curfew is one thing, but forcing everyone into bed at 11pm (or to leave the hostel) is another.

dustintsai2325
2022-06-28

Lovely atmosphere, friendly staff, Lucho was very helpful. Would definitely recommend

jasper7040
2022-06-26

I booked two nights to stay here and upon arrival, the staff told me that they didn't have my reservation or a bed for me to stay in. I showed the staff my reservation confirmation and they admitted that I had booked properly but that they couldn't help me. Luckily I had somewhere to go back to that actually did have a bed for me, but I would recommend booking directly through the hostel rather than a third party because they claimed that was how the mistake happened.

scarrel4668058
2022-06-25

Great hostel with a welcoming and cozy atmosphere. I loved drinking the free (and delicious) coffee every morning, relaxing in the hammocks, and swimming in the pool. The hostel was very clean, safe, and the staff was kind. Easy to meet people here. Overall an excellent hostel!

sblack637
2022-06-19

Awesome location, great value for money. Our room seemed brand new, super modern and clean. Lovely staff. Will stay again

jesseross919346
2022-06-18

The best place to start your trip if your backpacking around Costa Rica. I loved it so much I visited twice! Great staff, great atmosphere and really nice vibe to chill and relax by the pool. The location is perfect and it feels like home. Definitely has the best coffee Ive ever had in a hostel. Voy a volver seguramente. Cheers!

mariahwwu5891
2022-05-31

Best location, great security, nice design and atmosphere. Friendly people

aurorapmthompson3426
2022-05-29

Overall had a great stay at La Botella, we only stayed for one night but wished we stayed for longer. The staff and the other guests were all super friendly. Great having 24/7 access to coffee too :)

reminabasra6180
2022-05-21

I loved my stay here so much we came back for another few days! The staff are so friendly and welcoming, the rooms are so clean and the air con means it is very comfortable. There is a lovely pool, hammocks, and shade to relax. There is a nice gym area/ fitness/ yoga studio upstairs to use. Good walking distance to beach and right next to a supermarket. Amazing free coffee all day every day. Love this hostel!

charliejoystrang6209
2022-04-30

This place is pretty good. Clean, staff was great, pool was lovely. Some of the outlets in our room were finicky and didnt work, but the ones in the common area did. The beds were not the most comfortable.

myapaugh
2022-04-24

Would definitely recommend to stay here. Great common area, friendly staff, good vibes. Possibility to party, but quiet after 11:00 so that you can also have an early surf session.

thubregtsen
2022-03-27

Super helpful manager who helped me with transport when I cut my visit short. Hostel is in a good location. Dorms could be bigger but whole place seems very well organised. Recommend

danpadbury1049
2022-03-22

Nice location, helpful staff. The walls were a little thin and there was a slight ant infestation in our bathroom but good value. Pool and hammocks- excellent! Had a nice stay! :)

kristinasir2795
2022-03-22

Nice hostel, nice pool, kitchen is ok, nice yoga/gym area with AC, the water pressure in the bathroom was very low, location is ok but not directly in the center, you have to walk up the hill a little bit but its maybe 7 min walk to the beach and 15-20 minutes to iguana surf school.

The bed was not comfortable at all, we didnt sleep very good.

Apart from that we enjoyed our stay!

mary_schr
2022-03-13

I would 100% stay here again. My room was lovely, clean, and comfortable. Staff was very helpful, even helping me find transportation.

ashort13499918
2022-03-12

Hostel La Botella de Leche Tamarindo is a beautiful house with a big garden painting like a cow. Description: big dorms with A/C and private bathroom (4) for 4 and 6 pax. Private room for 2 or 3 pax with A/C shared bathroom (3) , 2 rooms with king bed shared bathroom and 1 room for 1 pax with A/C and private bathroom.
A big kitchen full equipment, living room with a big scream TV video , basquet field, ping-pong table, bikes for free, small swimming pool , surf trips, surf lesson , surf rental , in the rainy season umbrellas for free .Tours information .

We have a new Hostel La Botella de leche in San Jose

Hostel Tamarindo is 300 m east from Hotel Pasatiempo . Is 4 blocks from the village and the beach .Is 3 blocks from the bus station and if you arrive later take a taxi and we pay for him.

Address: 300 meters from the beach, Playa Tamarindo, Tamarindo Beach, Tamarindo, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica

Hostel La Botella de Leche is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Not listed at Booking.com Not listed at HostelsClub

Website Hostel La Botella de Leche Tamarindo (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: 506-653-0944

Currency Exchange

Swimming Pool

Checkout: 13:00 (1 PM)

Size: Medium (30-60 beds)

Rate Hostel La Botella de Leche