Hostel Mackenzie

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Hostel Mackenzie" at 114-A Mackenzie Road.)

114-A Mackenzie Road, Singapore City (Singapore), Singapore
www.mackenziehostel.com
68372887

How is Hostel Mackenzie rated on other websites?

Good with great breakfast
For any person that needs something more economical, i think Mackenzie is a very good option. Their breakfast is excellent. I enjoyed it there.
(Nigeria)
2010-02-23
  I couldn't stay here (no matter how cheap it is) -- I took one look at the rooms and legged it! Dirty dorm room and bathroom. Wafer-thin mattresses. Scruffy live-in guests who looked very dodgy! Only if you're very, very desperate.
Sophie
(British)
2007-04-15
  Single room with aircon was ok. Bathrooms were not very clean. Internet access available on site, which was nice. Overall very average.
Traveller
2006-12-12
  We're headed back through Singapore for a second time and we are staying with Hostel Mackenzie again. Included breakfast is great, rooms are ok by budget-travelers' standards, and owners try to be helpful. Everything was straightforward and without hassles. Shared showers have hot water. Never a big problem of waiting for shower/toilet. Looking forward to our upcoming visit!
Couple from US and Vietnam
2006-08-31
  The design, style, and atmosphere of the hostel are average. However, the breakfast is fantastic. This hostel offers the best breakfast menu I ever had from a hostel. Tea, coffee, scrambled eggs, toast, butter, jam, papaya, banana, orange, watermelon, sausages, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes. Wow! The most generous hostel I have had ever come across! Fruits may vary on a daily basis. Prices are very competitive, among the lowest in Singapore. You need to pay to use the washing machines and internet. Maps and Luggage storage are free. Five minutes walk to Little India MRT station. Peaceful and clean. Owner is helpful. There are a lot of aspect of the hostel that can be improved but hey, I am definitely going back there again for the cheap prices and best breakfast!
Ray
2006-08-23
This hostel was a great place in many ways. But while there I met a man who frequently stays at the hostel. This man stole from me a great sum of cash and I want to warn all other travelers about this person. His name is Fawad Aslam and he preys on young women. He claims to be a student in Malaysia who just travels through Southeast Asia. I really don't know what the truth is about him. All I know is that he is bad news and if you stay here please watch out for this guy. Safe travels.
Shannon
2005-10-20
  The manager has a tendency to misrepresent the total number of air-conditioned "single" rooms available in order to cause you to rent the more expensive "double rooms". The buffet breakfast is very high quality. Scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, toast, flavorful jelly, some of the best watermelon I have ever tasted, papaya, and bananas. It was healthful in every respect. The instant coffee is indistinguishable from well-made brewed coffee. The staff are very personable. Clean sheets were available as needed. The communal eating area was quite "gemuetlich," meaning easy on the soul. The laundry service is high in my estimation. There was no problem whatsoever with going barefoot within the hostel — it was clean. There are two communal showers down the hall. Waiting was never much of an issue.
Chuck Ripplinger