HI - Gozo - St Joseph Home Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "HI - Gozo - St Joseph Home Hostel" at Imgarr Road.)

Imgarr Road, Ghajnsielem, Gozo, Malta
356 21 556439
356 21 556439

How is HI - Gozo - St Joseph Home Hostel rated on other websites?

Tops of the world
Very relaxing, tranquil, lovable/helpful/supportive staff. Very interesting to learn a lot about the surrounding islands. Yes, wishing one day I'd love to return to Gozo Malta as in summer times.
ESQ DAVID ERIC INTERNATIONAL EUROPEAN GOZO MALTA YHA
(GLORY BRITAIN/ENGLAND UNITED KINGDOM)
2013-01-03

Good price, friendly staff, a little away from town
We had an overall good stay at this hostel. The building is nice and large, as it was a former orphanage. Accommodation was basic, but clean and comfy enough. The staff treated us very well, even let us make a couple free phone calls. As for location, it's actually about a twenty-minute walk uphill, but only a three-minute bus ride from the port. I wouldn't stay here without renting a car, since it's a good hour walk from Rabat and bus service is minimal. That being said, Gozo is a very small place and easy to get around. One note, there weren't locks on the room door, only the entry gate. That being said, this seemed like a very secure place. Overall a good value, although renting a car when staying here (and when staying on Gozo in general) is highly recommended.
I.N.
2008-05-06
  My stay at this hostel was interesting, the common entrances are beautiful but the bedrooms were reminiscent of a 1940s hospital, with matching 1940s mattresses (blood and all), unfortunately cockroaches accompanied us too, still if you want a cheap stay and dont mind roughing it this place is for you, just take bug spray and sheets and pillows.
Neil
2007-02-11
  I stayed here at the end of August, 2004. It was incredibly cheap, and I got my own room (and I definitely didn't see any bed bugs.) The place was huge, and really beautiful. The breakfast was nice enough, too. Gozo (and St. Joseph's) was definitely one of my favorite places to stay on my trip. It's quiet, though! So don't go here if you want to meet lots of people!
K
2004-09-17
  The first week of August, we had a very pleasant stay at St. Joseph's in Gozo. There were very nice staff and surroundings. Very unpleasant was our discovery of bedbugs! We had MANY bites when we left, and this diagnosis has been made by a dermatologist. It has cost a lot of work washing, freezing, and spraying after we arrived home!
Marie Louise, Denmark