Crystal Hostel, Accra

6.7

Crystal Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

It is the only way to book Crystal Hostel

How is Crystal Hostel rated on booking websites?

Crystal Hostel Reviews

I have stayed there three times a month at a time and use the place to come back to after traveling out into other parts of Ghana and Burkina Faso as well as Ivory Coast. A very safe place for one to leave their gear as well as to return to an rest up before going out again. Medase pa pa pa, Thank you very much.

2012-03-17
usa

One of the best experiences of my life

Sound overblown? It's not. The simple comfort and friendly, relaxed attitude at this hostel created the perfect environment for my trip to Ghana. My traveling companions, through no fault of their own, had to stay in the center of town, encapsulated in an air-conditioned hotel with a pool. Do not come to Crystal Hostel if this is your idea of a good time. If you want to be treated like family while getting a taste of real Accra life, though, this is your place. I came here expecting to hole up in my room and get some work done for a conference in the city center, but I ended up having a wonderful time with the other residents and Darkuman locals. Although I only stayed 4 nights, I will never forget my time here.

Matt
2012-01-18
US

Brilliant

my second visit to ghana in a few months, if you visit the Crystal hostel, you will never forget the hospitality, you will be treated like one of the family. Everything you need is close by. Everyone in the family are so friendly, you will feel at home and believe me you won't want to go home. Spent 7 weeks at the Crystal Hostel.

Edward Thornhill
2011-05-12
uk

A stranger at home

I had a great stay at this hostel for five days in March 2009. I highly recommend it for its value, comfort, and most importantly, the hospitality. The hosts moved me to a new room after I had a problem with my first room. I felt safe, cozy, and comfortable for my five-day stay at this hostel, not to mention being well fed with three meals a day. I definitely would stay here again.

Chett G
2009-03-25

Great place to stay. I plan on returning

I would recommend if you are looking for a vacation that is peaceful than you are at the right spot. I had a wonderful time. Auntie and Uncle are the nicest people you will ever meet. Auntie is a great cook. I felt safe and I plan on bringing my family next year. Rooms are great and airy. Location puts you where the real Ghana people live. Loved it. See you next year Auntie and Uncle!

Ester Thorne
2008-05-03

Loved it!

I totally recommend this home away from home! Beautiful people in an amazing country! When I go back to Ghana I will stay there again!

Kate
2007-11-21
New Zealand

If you arrive in the night, the shock of "What was I thinking?" will hit you like a whirlwind. But in the morning, you will be awaken by the welcoming sounds of Auntie. You will have lots of questions and they will answer them without ease making you feel relax and at home. The Food is not KFC, but it is Finger Licking Good. A true taste of Ghana. Don't expect air conditioning or candies on your pillows. Just imagine going to Mama's house while meeting great people. It is safe, comfortable, and peaceful.

Betty Ann and Kush
2007-04-09
US

I had a wonderful time when I stayed in 2006. Auntie and Uncle and their daughter were all very friendly and welcoming! I found it a great way to meet other travelers/volunteers. It was very safe and clean and I couldn't fault it one bit!

Anon
2007-03-05

You are welcomed to the home of the Quaynors.

Ours is indeed your home away from your home. We stay and live with you as a member of our family and give you the opportunity to experience the proverbial Ghanaian hospitality.

Our objective is to provide visitors to Accra a safe, secured and comfortable home at affordable rates.
Staying with us will be an experience you will never forget and you will always cherish

RELAXATION For your complete relaxation, we have A BIG COMPOUND with TREES WELL-KEPT GREEN LAWNS ROOFTOP BALCONY There are comfortable GARDEN CHAIRS on the lawns and on the rooftop for your relaxation in the cool tropical breeze.

GAMES You can play the following games in the house: TABLE TENNIS and DARTS You can have STANDARD GOLF CLUBS you can use in any of the Golf Clubs in the Accra-Tema area.

INDOOR GAMES There are many indoor games, both local and foreign with which to pass the time.

BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE is available. There is wireless connectivity to your laptop anywhere in the house.

Obviously, you can never get all these facilities under one roof at the same time anywhere, not even in the star-rated hotels. ROOMS All our rooms are ensuite and comfortable.

Every room has: COLOURED TV FRIDGE and WARDROBE with private SHOWER and TOILET (ensuite). There are fully equiped kitchens in the house for guests who would like to prepare their own meals.

MEALS The mistress of the house provide meals of choice for guest and she takes care of VEGETARIANS as well.

CAMPING TENTS Guest can pitch their own tents on the lawns and on the rooftop to sleep outside, especially during the dry season. RATE: $15.00 per person per week.

TRANSPORTATION The house is only 20 metres from the main transport station. There are buses, taxis and 'trotro' to any part of the city.

NIGHT MARKET There is an active night market on the main road where you can get practically anything you want at anytime of the day and night. There are wayside food vendors, restaurants, groceries, even boutiques in the night market.

CUSTOM MADE CLOTHES There are seamstresses and tailors near the house who can sew any Ghanaian / African designs for guests at short notice.

AIRPORT PICKUP We shall pick you up from the airport if we know of your flight arrangements. We charge a token fee of $12.50

CONCLUSION We live with you as a member of the family and you have access to any facility in the house. We give you every opportunity to have a feel of a real Ghanaian life situation including the social and cultural life of Ghanaian. You will certainly enjoy your stay with us.

Address: Darkuman Main Road, Accra, Ghana

Crystal Hostel is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Not listed at Booking.com Not listed at HostelsClub

Website Crystal Hostel Accra (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: +233-302-304634 and +233-27-7439745

Outdoor Seating

Genders: Males & Females

Min. Age with Parent (dorms): All Ages

Min. Age with Parent (private room): All Ages

Note: no smoking in rooms

Checkout: 13:00 (1 PM)

Size: Small (less than 30 beds)

Rate Crystal Hostel