Ring Hostel, Isle of Ischia

Poggio del Sole
8.6

Ring Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

It is the only way to book Ring Hostel

How is Ring Hostel rated on booking websites?

Ring Hostel Reviews

Bedbugs

I don't quite know how to rate this place. The good -- location, the owner really makes a good environment for people to meet and have fun. The bad -- the girl who checked me in had no idea what she was doing. She tried to make me pay more money wen thought I had my confirmation email printed out that showed the amount. She also didn't explain to me any of the hostel rules (check out time, if there's a curfew, kitchen rules). I also had to ask her for the key to my room because she give me the wrong one. She was nice, but completely untrained. The really bad -- bedbugs! yes, I got bedbugs from this hostel -- ruined my trip completely.

J
2015-08-25
Age 30 | USA

As of September 2008, Ring Hostel is the only hostel on the island of Ischia and the cheapest accommodation you can find. Based in a typical island house, it offers budget-priced beds and is run by a friendly owner and his family.

The Hostel is based in Forio, the second town on Ischia, and located about a fifteen-minute walk uphill from either the Forio Port or the bus stop when taking the bus from Ischia's main port. The bus stops at the port. Some ferries from Naples run to Forio. Walk straight uphill and follow the one sign to the hostel.

Dorms are from four to twelve beds with bathrooms. There are no real private rooms, so when reserving a private room, it will be a small dorm for private use. (The family offers rooms and apartments in other locations). Some dorms have single beds, others bunks. In off-season, they may clean a little less, due to fewer guests.

The common room offers two computers for free internet and Wi-Fi, a TV and DVDs, some guide books for Italy, and lockers (there are none in the rooms). In high-season, July and August, the owner and staff/friends start theme parties, which are obviously more a reason to bond with female travelers. The offered kitchen is nothing more than a sink, a fridge, a toaster, and a microwave (so there's no cooking possibility). It is a reason to offer the guests free transport to the family's restaurant, which has good food at normal prices, but it is not a good substitute for budget travelers. The roof top terrace is a good place to watch the sun set and relax. There are also two washing machines and enough space to hang up your washing.

Summary

Ring Hostel is a good and cheap place for all who like to visit Ischia and the Spas, the free hot springs are a must too. In the summertime the hostel is more of a student party place -- in off-season the place hardly fills up.

Goller sonja
2008-11-12
Austria

Awesome

couldnt be better. the atmosphere is great, they organise things for you, the food and wine is great at the restaurant they take you to. its owned by three brothers, and they pile you all into this little van and take you up to their parents' restaurant, with lorenzo, one of the brothers, driving like a maniac! it's such a beautiful island, it's such a good hostel, i cant recommend this place highly enough. free breakfast and internet! i'm writing this review at the hostel on their free internet.

Jacqui
2007-07-11
Australia

Ring Hostel is a wonderful place. If you need proof, just visit and look at what people have written all over the common room walls! So many people, myself included, think that Ring Hostel is the best hostel they have ever visited, which is why I have come back many times. The family who runs the place is willing to go out of their way to make you feel at home, which is simply something you do not find at other hostels. And I plan to come back the next chance I get, especially to eat more of Mamma's food! I highly recommend Ischia and Ring Hostel.

Shannon Sims
2006-10-05

I have never had such a great time at a hostel like I did at the Ring Hostel. The whole family is very accommodating. They went out of their way several times to make me and the other guests as well feel at home as much as possible. The island is wonderful and has many things to see. The owners were very nice in accompanying us to the hot springs and the center. I had a great time there and did not want to leave.

Susan
2006-09-24

I stayed here for three nights in 2005. The check-in for this hostel is located at the family hotel, while your bed will be in one of two seperate buidings located in the town center. The walk to the check-in is harrowing and straight up-hill, with no shade, but the actual hostel accomodations are very close to the town center.

My hostel room consisted of a bunk bed and a (moderately) divisible bunk bed in an apartment-style complex. When the room was full the double-bed was divided (mattressed moved two inches apart and separate sheeting provided to each person) and two strangers had to share the bed! Quite uncomfortable! The apartment building itself had a front door that did not lock, and although our individual apartment locked, the bathroom and bedrooms were also unsecured. I felt very uncomfortable leaving my belongings in the hostel. During my three nights we had one power outage and two toilet blockages, both caused by insufficient building maintenance. There was one bathroom to be shared by the eight people in our apartment. When we were taken to the hotel restaurant for dinner each night payment was never discussed, and I was surprised to find that at the end of my stay I was billed EUR 20 per dinner even though I hadn't eaten any meat! Although dinner is social, it is much more expensive than at a city-center restaurant. I also found the owners a little bit creepy: they were constantly hitting on the female guests and inviting them for rides on their scooters to the hot-springs at night. It's quite obvious why they entered the hosteling business.

On the plus side, it is a fun, social hostel. The staff are friendly and helpful (if a little pervy) and the boy's parents are sweethearts. Apartments are close to the city center and prices for accomodation are reasonable. The island itself is great.

Jetgirly
2006-01-03

This hostel is fantastic. The directions sound very complicated but if you follow them you can't get lost. It's only a ten-minute walk from the port. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. I had a bed in an apartment. My room had six beds and then there was a kitchen and a bathroom. There was also another bedroom, beds in the common area and a rooftop terrace just outside our room. If you show up with out a reservation (at least in off-season) you need to call when you get to Ischia and they will actually pick you up downtown and take you to the hostel. If you don't call they might not be at the hostel.

At the time I stayed here they were in the middle of renovations, but when they are finished it will be one banging hostel.

Ischia is the most beautiful place in Italy. The people on the island are unbelievably warm and generous. I came to the island planning to stay one night and I stayed a week! And this is in November when half the stuff to do is closed. Thank you Ring Hostel and Ischia!

Rebecca
2005-11-17

We had booked what we thought was a room in a hostel, and instead we got our very own little apartment with amazing sea views!!! The beach was right on our doorstep! We couldn't get over our luck! We went in October and it was blazing sunshine the whole time and seawater was still warm. The thermal spa pools at the Gardini de Poseidon are half an hour away by bus. This was the best holiday we have ever had and I would like to take this opportunity to thank the guys at the Ring Hostel for being so fantastic!!! We will definitely be back!

Gwen O'Reilly
2004-11-03

Welcome.......your chance to live just like an islander!
Our hostel is a perfect getaway. Ten minute walk to beautiful beaches.
At Ring Hostel, you certainly are not being charged hotel prices, but we
try our best to provide you with hotel quality service.
We offer private rooms for 1 to 4 people with or without an ensuite bathroom
as well as dorm rooms for 4, 6, and 8 people with or without ensuite
bathrooms as well. We have a wide selection of rooms, so please choose what
suits you best.
Huge common area with with a fully equiped kitchen, Tv-Sat, Internet access,
dvd player, table games, multilanguage librery, X-Box, full bar and vending
machines. Bar crawls and hotspring parties are available too.
We also have a beautiful hotel at your disposal. The hotel has a restaurant,
fully stocked bar, and a pool with an amazing ocean view for you to enjoy
whenever you like. As this is an indipendent youth hostel there is no age
limit, internet facilities, swimming pool access no curfew and a YHA is not
required.
The staff of Ringhostel speak english and german.
Bed linen, towels, delph, cutlery, TV, washing machine, internet, lockers,
kitchen, Big common terrace and roof garden, tv room with english DVD and
librery.
Discount for disco and meal tickets from 3 euro and bonus discount for
thermal garden and spa. There are day trips to Capri, Pompei and the Amalfi
Coast.
Moped or car rental avalable at discount price.
Every october's tuesday free wine nights drink all wine you can drink for
FREE, so what are you waiting.......BOOK NOW!!!

Address: Via Gaetano Morgera 72, Gulf of Naples, Poggio del Sole, Isle of Ischia, Campania, Italy

Ring Hostel is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Not listed at Booking.com Not listed at HostelsClub

Min. Age without Parent: All Ages

Checkout: Flexible

Maximum Stay: 1 month

Reception Hours: 08:00 am - 10pm

Size: Medium (30-60 beds)

Rate Ring Hostel