Moby Dick Hostel, Seward

8.4

your hostels in Seward

Do you want to book your hostel online?

Check out Hostelworld.com

Moby Dick Hostel Reviews

This is my first hostel experience. My mother, sister, & I had the roo

I felt that the stairs leading up to our room were very very steep. It was very difficult carrying my suitcase up the steep stairs. I wish we had a microwave in our room.

We also did not have a TV in our room.

I felt the owner was very nice. The bathroom was large & had lots of counter space. I would definitely recommend this place for your vacation. For the 3 of us for 4 days the total cost including taxes was $444.

Donita Werle
2018-06-03
Age 56 | United States

Great Hostel Experience

This hostel is just charming. Nice common area, kitchen & dining room, small living area with a couch to stretch out on & a comfy chair. It's quiet, clean, the price is definitely right, the owners are very friendly & have lots of tips, ideas, & discounts. There are 3 private rooms that look very nice. The hostel rooms have 3 bunk beds in each, (6 beds) Great location from downtown, very walkable. Highly recommended.

Barb
2010-03-12
American

Clean, good location, friendly

I had a wonderful stay at the moby d*ck hostel. very helpful and knowledgeable hosts. They saved me more money with tips and discounts on boat tours, than I paid for the night in the dorms. Would highly recommend this hostel to fellow travelers.

hannah
2009-07-26
germany

Very nice stay

We stayed in a private room. It had a basic kitchen area with frig and small stove and utensils. It was centrally located and a good headquarters for our stay in Seward. It was clean and well maintained. The curtains were a bit thin to keep out the sun at night.

Janice
2009-07-25

Just what I expected

I've stayed at "flea-bag" motels and five-star hotels. I enjoy the atmosphere of hostels which is why I chose to stay at Moby D*ck. It was quiet, clean, and comfortable -- just what I expect from a hostel, nothing more, nothing less.

Shon
2007-06-21
Canada

End of Sept and Gergana got to see whales and other animals. We stayed after a summer of hard work while Gergana was waiting for her plane home. She is a teaching major, worked at Denali, met people, and had a blast. I came for the relaxation. We were treated well, enjoyed our clean and comfortable stay, and would refer to anyone. I'm ready to go back.

Gypsy Wentworth and Gergana Dimova
2007-05-18
USA and Bulgaria

Had a lot of fun. met a bunch of people and would return.

Eric and Biscuits
2006-08-11

A realy good hostel. It's clean, the owners are helpful, and friendly and you are located in walking distance to the town and harbour. We had a good time for five days.

Gregor
2006-06-15

Moby Dick Hostel is located in downtown Seward, in walking distance to the Sealife Center and the Small Boat Harbor. We are close to several good hiking trails.
We have various types of accommodation. Dormitory Style (up to 6 per room), basic hostel private/family rooms, and lodging rooms with kitchenettes. There is a common room with a fully equipped kitchen, a big deck with a great view of Mt.Marathon (weather permitting) and plenty of bathrooms with shower facilities.
We are a very clean hostel and do our best to keep our customers happy.
Rates are currently $30 for a dorm bed and $85+ for a private room. Taxes are 11%.
We offer discounts on boat tours to the Kenai Fjord National Park. Currently 20% off on Kenai Fjords Tours and 10% on Major Marine Tours.
There is no smoking allowed in the building.
We are in Downtown Seward, 432 Third Avenue.
Our mailing address is P.O. Box 624, Seward, AK 99664-0624

Genders: Males & Females

Min. Age with Parent (dorms): 7

Min. Age with Parent (private room): All Ages

Maximum Stay: 7 nights

Open Dates: Summer only (April - September)

Reception Hours: 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.

Size: Small (less than 30 beds)

Rate Moby Dick Hostel