HI-Halifax, Halifax

8.6

HI-Halifax is listed at the following booking sites:

It is the only way to book HI-Halifax

How is HI-Halifax rated on booking websites?

HI-Halifax Reviews

Worst Hi Hostel ever

I stayed at the Hi hostel in halifax for 2 weeks and it was the worst hostel experience out of all the Hi hostels. The staff was extremely ignorant rude and very disrespectful. They were very prejudice and i was racial profiled. I was constantly being harassed and my personal belongings were violated by the staff . Ive been really traumatized by this experience and would not recommend this place to stay for anyone of a minority background . The staff needs better customer service training , a lot more work on their people skills and more diversity ..

Sabrina
2020-01-05
Age 34 | Trinidad and Tobago

Rude Staff, Poor Conditions

Stayed for 4 nights in the hostel and had an extremely poor experience. Rooms had no air conditioning, and lacked sufficient fans to make the humid and muggy weather bearable. The website claims there is parking, but when we arrived, we were told their 3 parking spots were full and we had to pay for street parking for the entirety of our stay. Staff also incorrectly booked us for three nights instead of four, and threatened to remove our luggage from our room while we were away from the hostel if we didn't come back immediately to pay for the additional night. The staff were rude and unfriendly to us throughout our stay. My partner and I have been to hostels around the world, and this has been the worst hosteling experience we have ever had. I would not recommend this hostel to anyone traveling to Halifax.

2016-08-10
Age 27 | BC

Great location and friendly staff!

The hostel was very clean and the staff are super friendly. They made me feel home. I reserved 3 days, but I stayed add 2 days. There was good when going to down town and using rental car or via rail station.

young
2014-10-12
Age 31 | South Korea

I only stayed one night and the hospitality was excellent

i would definitely stay again.

gilbert
2013-04-26
Age 71 | canada

HI - Halifax Heritage House Hostel is really fun and friendly. As it is quite a large hostel, it has quite a social atmosphere. There are lots of things to do written around on the boards and there are brochures and maps to help you to get to where you are going.

Halifax Heritage House is located in the perfect location in downtown Halifax. It is only a short walk from the pier and all of the major attractions that line the boardwalk. The supermarket for food is also only a short walk down the street. Any of the major attractions in the downtown area and any of the bars, cafes, or shopping are all accessible quickly from this hostel, and if you are looking to travel to attractions a bit further away, the bus stop is close by.

The rooms here area quite spacious. They offer really comfortable beds and within the rooms you are also allocated a locker that is big enough for all of your luggage. There are bathrooms on every floor and within them there are showers and toilets that are in separate locked cubicles. The bathrooms and showers here are kept in very clean condition and are maintained daily.

This hostel is abuzz with common spaces. They have a large, spacious kitchen in which you can cook, plus a dining room that has lots of tables where you can sit around and eat, meet people, and use your computer. The hostel is also equipped with a television room that has an assortment of different DVDs and tapes of movies that you can watch for free. There is another quiet reading room around the corner from here that has a bookcase where you can take or leave reading materials.

Summary

The staff here are also really friendly and will help you with any questions that you have. Given the prime location, the atmosphere, the cleanliness of the hostel, and its excellent staff, we would recommend staying in this hostel when visiting Halifax!

Globetrotter
2012-10-29
Australia

I had a fun time and will come back for sure!!!!

I stayed in the hostel for 3 days and it was really good. Staff is super friendly and helps you with everything. The kitchen is really good equipped. They have free Wi-fi. There is also a TV and reading room. My favourite spot was the backyard. I could sit outside and have some beers and cigarettes. The rooms were nice as well, some of the dorms haven even showers. Lockers are for free and you have really enough space for all your stuff!!! I think it was one of the best hostels I stayed in Canada. Will come back for sure.

Robert
2010-07-05
Germany

Arrogant staff and bad atmosphere

The hostel was clean, the kitchen was well equipped, and it was close to the train/bus station. Apart from that, there was nothing I liked about this hostel at all. Most of the staff seemed very up their own ass and thought they were better than everyone else who was staying there, which got me off to a bad start. The hostel had a very stale atmosphere about it, not the sort of place if you were traveling on your own (which I was) you could meet many people. I wouldn't go back there again.

Steve
2008-10-07
England

Great

I recently stayed here and had a very nice stay. The staff were very helpful and the building itself is great. The location is great and the price is reasonable. There is a blues bar just down the street (one hundred feet) and a good restaurant about three hundred feet the other way. You are also close to all services you may need. I'm not sure how the parking is because i was on foot. All in all a good spot!

Crutch
2008-07-30

Situated right in the heart of Halifax's downtown, Heritage House Hostel is 200m from the bus and train stations, so getting here is easy!! And remember that the Airport Shuttle will drop you at the door and pick you up at the Westin - aslo 200m away! Halifax, founded in 1749, to establish British strength in North America has much history and culture, including a cool, summer Jazz Festival, a funky Busker's Festival, the International Tattoo, and the Titanic Graveyard. The hostel is close to the city's best music and pubs, and a pleasant 2 minute stroll from the Harbour Front/Boardwalk and some of the best seafood you'll enjoy in Canada!! And if it's cooking for yourself that you choose we have a large, well equipped, self catered kitchen. The Saturday Farmer's Market, an asian food speciality shop as well as various large grocery stores are all within a short walk's distance. And remember that your HI Membership card will get you discounts at several nearby local restaurants.

Our newly painted 160 year old heritage building is clean and safe and exudes a great vibe. Our private/family rooms, dorm rooms all include linen in the cost PLEASE LEAVE YOUR SLEEPING BAGS AT HOME. There are coin operated internet kiosks as well as fee wireless connection for our guests along with laundry for your convenience.

We boast a great Wednesday Pub Crawl - preceeded by a convenient and affordable BBQ and followed the next morning with a cheap continental breakfast (book early!). Jam nights, frisbee nights, great Sunday night Blues Jam and Wednesday night karoke just 2 doors down - there is a lot to like!!The hostel is a great base from which to explore the rest of the Maritimes. Heritage Hostel is where you want to be!!

Address: 1253 Barrington Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

HI-Halifax is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Not listed at Booking.com Not listed at HostelsClub

Website HI-Halifax Halifax www.hihostels.com/hostels/hi-halifax
Phone Number: +1 (902) 422-3863

Family-Friendly Hostel

Groups (10+ people)

Evening Entertainment

Open Dates: Year Round, closed Christmas Day Only

Reception Hours: Winter: 8am to 12am Summer: 8am to 1am

Size: Large (60-100 beds)

Rate HI-Halifax