York University Accommodation, Toronto

your hostels in Toronto

Do you want to book your hostel online?

Check out Hostelworld.com

York University Accommodation Reviews

York University Accommodation Reviews from the Web

Liked: Very close to York University.  Disliked: Shower head was on the verge of breaking, no toilet paper or soap.
2013-11-13
Liked: The only thing that was sreally good for me was the location.  Disliked: I have listed all these things in my description of the property above.
2013-08-12
Liked: Travelling solo, I appreciate the room rate for one is the lowest.

Good value for what you pay. University residence, not a full service hotel so you're given independence. Friendly staff  Disliked: Far from downtown Toronto

2013-04-19
Liked: I liked the area where it was,easy axcess to hwy 400 and 401.I liked the upgrade they gave me  Disliked: I disliked the parking,had to live early to not get a parking ticket.
Diane Reibling
2013-01-05
Liked: Bus stop out front. Quiet in December. No hassle.  Disliked: Neil left no negative feedback.
Neil Edelman
2013-01-03
Liked: It was nice and clean. There was also internet service.  Disliked: It was rather far from Toronto.
2012-12-31
Liked: Nothing  Disliked: Dangerous, dirty, expensive, and very unfriendly people. I stayed 2 nights (paid for 14) and had to leave because of the loud noise at 3 and 4 am. They offered me no refund and no apology for the noise. They didn't care as soon a they had my money.
2012-10-27
Liked: The accommodation was cheap, other than that nothing.  Disliked: The room was dirty, there were hairs all over the bedding which smelled. The bathroom had a funny smell. The walls had yellow stains/splaters on them. The floor of the shower was grimy and I did not dare get in without wearing flip flops. The room was dusty with lots of cobwebs. There were two broken TVs in our room and a fridge which broke in the night and flooded the room with dirty water. The floor was tiled and so became very slippy. We tried to find a mop or clothes to dry the floor but all utensils were dirty. The kitchen was directly outside our room, which was also dirty. People were cooking late at night and as there was at least a two inch gap under the door we could hear them clearly and smell the food. The house we stayed in was clearly not a hostel but rather a place where foreign students live, with a spare room or two.
2012-09-25
Liked: The site manager was a nice guy. Tried to help us as much as he could. Also got a better room than we booked. Very secure for storing bags.  Disliked: Bad location, Not very clean and organised on arrival without the right bed sheets available.

Site owned by the same guy as the toronto traveller's home and getting a better room than we booked seemed like good fortune rather than anything else. Didn't have the room we booked available in the traveller's home(double bed instead of twin room).

Neil O'Reilly
2012-09-07
Liked: near the bus and university if u need it  Disliked: very rude, had to change rooms 2 times. booked a dorm and the final room i arrived in had one double bed. two travellers arrived in the same dorm as me later and had to wait until 10.30pm for the manager bring in two mattresses so they could sleep on the floor after hastling him on the phone. bad organisational skills and couldnt help me with any info i wanted to know about toronto like busses or taxi. had to wait at door for mins before i was taken to my room down the street in his car. he then yelled at me for shutting his van door wrong said i could have broken the handle. he was stressed and racist about his boss but he shouldnt take that out on his customers. i wouldnt stay here again
2012-08-26
Liked: Great value for your money and friendly staff!  Disliked: Andrew left no negative feedback.
Andrew Creighton
2012-08-21
Liked: wifi  Disliked: rumori notturni , pulizia, mancanza totale di appendiabiti
2012-08-12
Liked: Niegboroughs  Disliked: Management style interior care of property lack of care in preperation of ourv stay
2012-08-10
Liked: i got my own room with a toilet and basin  Disliked: Whole room was filthy, had a tv in room that didnt work, bar fridge that was full of mold, no toilet paper, kitchen was growing mold and didnt know where the shower was. Call for 3 days before i arrived to inform them of when i would be checking in as they ask but no answer till i got to the place and rang them over 5 times. They also walked into my room a few times because they forgot when i was checking out so they were checking if i was still there
2012-07-14
Liked: the people helped me out  Disliked: There was no room ready for me & no-one to meet me
2012-07-04
Liked: This was my message to Hostelbookers:

How much more must I suffer before I can cancel a Hostelbookers reservation free of charge because of a fraudulent offer?

I booked the "York University Home" in Toronto for 3 nights. It looked like a typical student accomodation which is rented out to other guests in summer.

I especially picked the York because it is located in the suburbs as there is no free parking downtown.

On the arrival date I arrived at the given address by car at 5 p.m. No one was there, just 3 mobile nos. by the manager to call. He explained me that my room has not been cleaned yet (though check-in started at noon) and he is not willing to do so in the near future. The only way is to go downtown to another address. This is marked as "University Apartment, 16

Willison Square, Toronto, ON M5T 1E8, Canada" on Google Maps.

That's in Chinatown where I was dispatched, according to TomTom 18.9 km off my original place @ York. Do I really have to accept this location change??? Part 2 below.  Disliked: Part 2:

The new place is a 4 sqm cell without windows or ventilation smelling accordingly. The offer says "aircondition". I was not given the minimum service of a towel. The bathroom door can't be locked. All in all: this place is inacceptable. And the parking bill practically doubles the price compared to the York.

Furthermore: the "final price" I was supposed to pay of 67.50 Can$ was increased by 13% tax. As usual in America taxes are not included in the price calculation, as usual the manager (or Hostelbookers) forgets this to mention in the offer, even this is mandatory when you are doing

business in Europe. The VAT is 13% in Ontario - just tell customers the real price they have to pay. So I was 18.9 kms away from the original place, which leads to further parking costs in an hole which really has nothing to do with the description whatsoever paying an increased price. There is

absolutely nothing true about this offer.

After the 2nd night I changed places and threw away the 3rd night. Hostelbookers reimbursed me only the deposit. STAY AWAY!!!

Wolf Schmutterer
2012-07-04
Liked: Le prix et la fracheur de la chambre taient corrects  Disliked: La chambre t vraiment sale, la couette et le matelat dgageait une forte odeur de transpiration et les pices communes n'taient pas du tout entretenues ni par les autre habitant, ni par le personnel donc tout l'appartement avait une forte odeur bien dsagrable. Le quartier n'tait pas rassurant. Et le fait d'tre log dans un sous sol n'ai pas plaisant.
2012-07-01
Liked: separate shower  Disliked: was dirty, staff rarely seen and not able to speak English, money was charged on credit card although I transferred it into te owner's account
2012-06-13
Liked: decent building and good location if you have business to do at york university.  Disliked: every blanket and sheet had numerous stains. the floors were very dirty. uncomfortable and sterile vibe in general as compared to other hostels ive been to. Owner charged me a little more than quoted on the site.
2012-06-05
Liked: location is good  Disliked: bed sheet and blankets are old that seems like dirty. curtain was dirty. fridge was bit dirty. bed bottoms are bit dirty
Mary Cathleen Patolot
2012-04-25

At York University Home we have rooms of several different types but all are comfortable and clean. Some rooms are big and some rooms are small at the same rate. We will give you the current vacant rooms we have when you arrive.

When you arrive at the front door, please call the staff phone number on the door. Please do NOT call ahead to confirm booking. Please ONLY call numbers on the door when you have ALREADY ARRIVED.

Each room has free wireless internet and firm mattresses for a nice sleep. It is a no smoking environment. Check in after 12pm; call the phone number on your email when you arrive. Check out is before 11am (late checkout ids charged at $5 per hour) just leave the key on the table leave the room door open.

13% tax will be charged upon arrival.
Cancellations through email only.
If you need to cancel your booking, please send email to us 48 hours in advance. Other wise 1 night fee will be charged.

If you are visiting York University, this is the best place to stay. We are clean, new and safe accommodation.

We are a non-smoking house and do not allow pets or provide breakfast. Towels, shampoo, soap, and toothbrush are also not included.

The entire accommodation fee is required when you check in.

10% of the total price of each customer booking is a non-refundable deposit. We cannot refund the deposit for you for any reasons. You can only use the deposit to your rent and you can only use it for the days you booked. If you book for 10 days, the deposit you paid only use it 1/10 of every day rent. You cannot use the all deposit to pay your one day (one time) rent for any reasons.

Fast check out: just leave the keys on the room TV or room table at your room. You can leave.

Clean, firm mattress, fast internet, new hard wood floor, new building, rooms are good size,
some rooms on third floor have nice views. %20 off monthly.

We are almost on York University’s campus. Take the bus - down view subway take 106 buses to my door (Murray Ross) Parkway - one light north Finch on Keeles (Murray Ross Pkwy) (west of Keeles) or 196 express bus

Address: 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada