Though there are already many hostels claimed themselves the best location in town, the clever travellers never believe the 'Truth' but the facts:
About 1km east of ''Mao Statue'' and a couple of minutes walk from ''Chunxi Road'' where is considered as Chengdu's ''Wangfujing (Beijing)'' and ''Nanjing Road (Shanghai)'', the prime food court with trendy shops(LV, CUCCI), fast food(KFC, Burger king, McDonalds, Pizzahut) and coffee shops(Starbucks). The Banks, pharmacy, bakery, local restaurants, fruits store are all within walking distance to name but a few.
Hostel is located 5 minutes walk from ''Chunxi Road Metro Station'', with the fantastic metro connections, easy to access city's major attractions:
* Mao Statue is only 1 stop away!
* People's Park is only 2 stops away!
* Wenshu Temple is only 3 stops away!
* Green Ram Temple is only 4 stops away!
* North Railway Station is only 5 stops away!
* East Railway Station is only 6 stops away!
* Xinnan Men Bus Station is only 10 minutes walk away! Buses run to all the major tourist destinations in and out of Chengdu.
Good news for Pub Crawls! Visiting the ''Lan Kuai Fong'' and riverside bar district takes only 10 minutes walk, book a bed at Flipflop ensure you an exciting nightlife.
The ''Flipflop'' features a large and lively lounge area with cool decors, good taste music collection, lots of free recreational facilities (such as pool table and foosball) and events, bar & restaurant serves cheap cold beer and delicious local and western food, all in all easy to meet travellers. All the guest rooms including the dorm rooms are with private shower, toilet and air-con. Dorm rooms are with lockers and free locks to borrow, private rooms are with satellite TV (real English news not only cctv9), electric kettle and towel.
No matter you always want to travel on your own or take it easy to join hostel tours to see Pandas or Sichuan face changing opera, Flipflop is truly your base:
* Free information provided at travel desk
* Tibet permit and budget tours (Hey, didn't tell you that Flipflop's brother is ''Mix Hostel'', sister is ''Lazybones Hostel'', the capacity of our 3 hostels is more than 300 beds, should help a lot in finding you travellers to share cost)
* Daily panda tour
* Panda and Leshan buddha 1 day tour
* Jiuzhaigou national park tour
* Yangtze river cruise tour
For other regional tours please refer to hostel's tour menu.
* Free City Walking Tour (every Monday)
* Free Dumpling Party (on Friday)
* Free Bike Tour (every Wednesday)
* Free Hotpot Party (on Friday)
* Free Majhang Class (every Saturday)
* Free Movie Night (every Sunday)
* Free internet and WiFi
* Free pool table
* Free foosball
* Free board games
* Free music instruments
* Free library
* Free DVD movies
* Free luggage storage
* Free travel info about Sichuan and Tibet
* Free use of hair dryer
* Free 24 hours hot shower
* Free hot/cold drinking water
* Free Air tickets booking
* Free locker in dorm
* Free map of Chengdu
* Free clean linen
* Free candies
* Free postal card
Sichuan Cooking Class!
For those who are interested in Sichuan food, we have Sichuan Cooking Class on site, it is 100 RMB/pp includes a short tour to food market and step by step teach how to cook it.
The conclusion from all the facts we've shown here is Chengdu Flipflop Lounge Hostel has ''unbeatable and super convenient location'' (check google map and ask your Chengdu friend!), ''decent facilities not only meet traveler's basic need'' and ''traveler friendly and fun''! We hope all of this helps a bit when you decide where to stay in Chengdu.
See you soon and wish you a great journey to Chengdu!