8.7
Family-Friendly Hostel Groups (10+ people) Solo Traveller

Akureyri H.I. Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

Booking.com Hostelworld

How is Akureyri H.I. Hostel rated on booking websites?

Overall
Cleanliness
Staff
Atmosphere
Security

Akureyri H.I. Hostel Reviews

One of the nicest places to stay, walk up to the Lambi Hut for a total retreat on the mountainside by yourself, then make new friends in the Saturday night disco. Very quiet when I was there, like having your own house!

Jonathan
2006-08-26

I would like to book for Accomodation from 20 August 2004 to 31 December 2004. I have been Accepoted by University of Akureyri to Study Computer in fall 2004. And I need this accomodation to enable study

Nicholas Cudjoe
2004-07-11

More of a hotel than a hostel, you're in for a real treat if you stay here. A lot of thought and care has gone into this hostel, and what really makes it special are all the extra touches, like fresh hand towels everywhere, desks in the rooms along with wash basins, wide comfortable beds, even paintings on the walls, mood lighting, bed side lamps and soft carpet for your aching feet.

The kitchen is simply fantastic (bring lots of filter coffee!) and leads to a refined dining area. You'll find many great bookes in the lounge, but wont get a chance to read them or watch tv as youll fall asleep in the glorious lounge suite. Theres a full laundry service for a small charge, and this will be appreciated after many a full day exploring the local area, plus what could be better than a fantastic twin headed steaming hot shower when youve returned from the ski slopes just above the town.

It's a 10 minute walk from the water front town centre and on the main road for the bus. Its ideally located, with a large carpark. Be sure to say hi to the owner, as he'll write up plenty of discount vouchers for the surrounding restaurants, and get you helpful information like road conditions.

Jeremy Smith