The Base Backpackers

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "The Base Backpackers" at 545 Avenue Patrice Lumumba.)

545 Avenue Patrice Lumumba, Maputo, Mozambique
-25.973237, 32.581450 (accuracy not guaranteed)
+258 (0) 21 302 723
+258 (0) 21 313 750

How is The Base Backpackers rated on other websites?

A warm welcome to a vibrant city
a great place to get to know Maputo, especially considering location, staff and other visitors. The facilities met every expectation I had in a backpackers. The terrace was just one of the icings on the cake. I'll be back!
Kathrin
Age 24, Germany
2014-05-03

The Base is the Base
I have stayed at the base in 2010 and found good reason to back there in 2011 ... Going back to Mozambique in 2012, I will definitely use it as my base camp while exploring the city and the villages and islands around it. friendly staff as well!!
THABANI
(South Africa)
2012-10-15

Base
the staff and service have always been GREAT everytime we've stayed there (must be 4/5 times).
saki
(south africa)
2012-04-22

I had a very good stay
I visited a couple time the base backpaker in maputo, the staff is very friendly, I always enjoy my stay when i visit the hostel. the prices are very affordable among the cheapest in the area, quality accommodation at low prices, even though i spend mostly 2days max. they had a very nice sea view of maputo bay from the terrace, it really refreshing at night, you know the weather is quite hot. if you visit maputo, you should definitely stop by, I strongly recommend you the base. enjoy your stay.
mintchy
(gabon)
2012-01-22

Fantastic!
Rooms are great!
Seb Rossouw
(South Africa)
2009-11-12

Exactly what a backpacker should be!
The Base is welcoming and friendly. The staff are always helpful and the location was central, allowing me to get around Maputo easily. Keep up the good work!
Riaz
(South African)
2009-09-29

Great
One of my favorite places I stayed in Africa. Our downstairs double was only $22 a night. The staff was great. They could answer any questions we had with ease and were more than happy to do so. They really knew the area well. To help out even more they give a map of that side of town. Just about everything is within walking distance of The Base. They also have a shuttle heading up north to Tofo at 5:30 every morning which is very convenient if heading up north. They also have a kitchen and a patio with a great view overlooking Maputo Bay. One may want to book in advance as it is so small that it did seem to fill up fast. They had no open rooms the day we left.
Paul
2007-09-02

Great
we traveled mozambique and found the base to be courteous and welcoming. luis made us feel very welcome and at ease. although it is not the ritz everything that they portrayed was adequate and sufficient. we would have no problem in recommending this hostel, only thing is to bring your own beers for consumption as they cant make sure that the beer they put in the fridge for guests will still be there when you come back from a night out (label your stuff).anything you need to know about mozambique you can ask as the staff are very, very helpful, thanks luis. really sound place.
colin johnston