New Generation Hostel Urban Brera

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "New Generation Hostel Urban Brera" at Via Renzo Bertoni 3.)

Via Renzo Bertoni 3, Milan, Lombardy, Italy
45.475506, 9.192285 (accuracy not guaranteed)
+39 02 29521344
+39022047825

How is New Generation Hostel Urban Brera rated on other websites?

It was ok
The facility was clean but the location was not ideal the the staff could have been friendlier/more helpful.
Ellen
2014-08-29

Good for a quick stay
Only there one night but was large, clean, easy to find, staff were great and the wifi worked really well. Also had a free croissant in the morning with a cappuccino. There is a bathroom for each dorm which is clean and has a good shower.
Jess
Age 23, Canada
2013-08-30

Upgraded and Efficient
This place was amazing. It was really easy to find from Centrale by walking and by Metro, and it was really conveniently located in the Center City -- only 20 min walk from the Duomo and the Metro made everything extremely accessible in general. Upon arriving, we were checked in and upgraded to a private 2 bedroom with our own bathroom as well -- HEAVEN for us! Apparently, they were overbooked but literally just made some phone calls without us knowing anything and arranged it perfectly. The room was equipped with AC and a mini fridge. Although it was a bit weird having to make our own beds with the sheets they gave us, at least we knew everything was freshly laundered and clean. They offered room cleaning every day and even had someone come by every day to spray insecticide in the rooms along the edge of the room to ensure nothing got in. May sound gross that they do that, but it's a problem in Italy so it made them really clean. The bathroom was nice for a hostel and we had a great stay. 24 hour front desk and nice modern atmosphere. We'd definitely stay here again, even without a room upgrade.
Anna
Age 21, USA
2013-07-20

Very good
Very good location near metro train. large room and comfortable bed. good shower. I really enjoy it.
Zhen
Age 25, CHina
2013-07-17

Poor facilities, staff terrible
I've stayed at over 100 hostels and this would rank amongst the worst. From the moment I walked in the door the staff were dismissive, unhelpful and I felt like a burden being there. I stayed 2 nites and asked for a bottom bunk which they refused to do even tho I was the first to check into a room of 6. There was a vacant bottom bed both nites and they would nt shift me. A warning -- the top bunks in this hostel in my room at least are dangerous. There are no sides to the bunks on either side which means you can roll out with nothing to stop you. They are placed in the middle of the room. The free breakfast is a croissant and coffee. They require a 10 euro deposit to use the cutlery in the kitchen and don't supply towels. They advertise a "home pack" for 5 euros which in my case included 2 towels. My bathroom was disguising and had severe black mould on the walls. The only good thing about this hostel is the location to the railway station and the duomo eqi distant. My stay was unpleasant and tainted the milano experience.
Bill
Age 50, New Zealand
2013-07-04

Good rooms, excellent location, and very kind staff
The hostel is close to the Milano Centrale Station and to the metro, located in a very peaceful neighborhood. The rooms are simple, but good and clean. The staff was always pleased to help and to give information. Really nice hostel!
Mariana
(Brazil)
2012-12-10

It was ok for the money and close to shopping and duomo
My stay was good. The afternoon clerk was awesome, whereas, the evening clerk wasn't very helpful. The room was neat and clean. Didn't know I had to make my own bed but I do it am home so no biggie. It was hard to find the hostel even for the cab driver. Could use a larger sign to help. All in all it was a pleasant stay.
Susan
(American)
2012-12-09

Perfect
good size room, shower was great and has a fully equipped kitchen which is good and not far from the station and easily walking distance to everywhere. the supermarket was close to hostel too. everything about the hostel is great and breakfast, no complains!
milanofsydney.com