Jacobs Inn Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Jacobs Inn Hostel" at 122 Boulevard De La Chapelle.)

122 Boulevard De La Chapelle, 18è - Montmartre Area, Paris, Île-de-France, France
www.paris-hostels.net/
+33 (0)1 42 23 45 64
+33 (0)1 42 23 54 24

How is Jacobs Inn Hostel rated on other websites?

Extreme bedbug infestation
To be honest, I don't care as much as most people about getting bitten, but this is ridiculous. 200+ bites in one day. And thinking to save money? Ha! It costs a minimum of a few hundred dollars to kill all the bedbugs once they hitch a free ride to your home after a stay in this hideous place.
Will
Age 24, Usa
2015-04-12

BEDBUGS ... YOU BETTER STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE
I went there two weeks ago, got bitten by bedbugs. When I mentioned it to reception, no action was taken. None apologizes to me. I am just disgusted. I have to take lots of pills still, felt itch all over my body, ruined my weekend away. Moreover, the area is seriously terrible. Drug dealers outside and I saw a guy getting arrested by police in front of me.
londoner
Age 30, Italian
2014-11-19

All you need to crash and eat
24/7 reception, a bed to sleep in and a nice terrace with kitchen to eat. Only one shower for all the rooms is a bit too low. But for this price in Paris one cannot complain at all. Top crash pad!
Jacko
Age 27, Netherlands
2014-09-22

DO NOT STAY HERE -- BEDBUG INFESTATION!!
I stayed in over 15 different places when I went travelling for two months from the beginning of May. I only got back 5 days ago. When we arrived there were a lot of dodgy looking men outside, that tried to chat to us and sell us something but we ignored them. My friend and I were allowed to check in early due to the lack of sleep we had. The staff themselves were very friendly and kind to us however when we entered our room it was dirty, messy and below average. The beds were bunk beds which is expected for hostels however, they were broken and looked like they were about to collapse. The walls were marked, filthy and damp. The shared bathroom between 7 had a wet floor and a shower that turned cold and cut out about 3 times during your wash. The first night there was no toilet paper in the bathroom. The WIFI is not free, you have to pay 3 euros after 6pm for only 2 hours. There were allegedly rats near the shared kitchen and mice found in some of the rooms. The hostel double booked various customers so one night two men slept in the same bed and the following night they added a single bed into the corner of our room making it even more cramped and awkward to move around. We were stuck with rude roommates, who also kept us up due to the mattress plastic on the beds -- if you move an inch during your sleep you can wake up everyone in the room; this brings me on to the worst complaint -- BEDBUGS! One man in our room had asked to move rooms 3 times due to the infestation of bed bugs in various beds that he had slept in. He was covered in red itchy spots caused by sleeping in these nasty beds. I gave him some cream I had in my bag, unaware that I would need it myself! 5 days back from my trip, I am now completely covered head to toe in definitely over 50 bites. All of my travelling clothes and fresh bedding on my home bed has to be washed at over 60 degrees -- failing that a pest control team has to come and spray my room. This is so inconvenient. I have emailed the hostel with a request of a refund due to my bad experience here - however they have not replied yet and am pretty sure they probably wont bother. Just because the hostel is cheap does not mean that it must be dirty. The cleaners are clearly incompetent and unable to do their job sufficiently. For £15 a night the hassle is NOT worth it -- we stayed in a lovely hostel in Budapest for just £5 a night and it was spotless so therefore there is NO excuse for this hostel to be so disgusting. I would not advise to stay here at all, you are better off paying more for a hostel closer to the centre of Paris that does not have all of these problems.
Nicole
Age 19, British
2014-06-23

DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER OPTION WITH A ROOF
I have been traveling for 2 months, and this is the first time I have felt it necessary to leave a comment. I read about the hostel prior to booking it that it was in a bad area, but as I had just traveled to India I figured "How bad could it be?". A group of men outside the hostel tried to distract me before I walked in, and another stuck his hand in my top pocket trying to reach for my phone, luckily he didnt get it. Once in the hostel that I had checked into earlier that day, I went to my room, only to find there were no beds free. The uninterested receptionist simply moved a bag on one of the beds and advised me it was mine. Following this I was sitting with a few people in the outside communal area at 11.30pm on a saturday night, and the same receptionist rudely came out and told us to go inside. We went inside to the common room, and the same man came in, looked at me and said "go to bed." With no explanation why. I questioned such a bizarre request given the clear party nature of the hostel, and the fact that it was early (and obviously that I am an adult, not a child under his care). I was also told my various guests that this man allows his friends into the hostel in an attempt to pick up young female backpackers. Disgusted I went upstairs to go to bed when I heard screaming and various other noises coming from downstairs. I cant stress more not to stay in this hostel; dodgy area, rude and inappropriate staff and just a general horrendous experience.
Charlie
Age 26, Australia
2014-05-25

Overcrowded -- basically a bed in a shack
Wifi is a sham. you must pay for it. Way Way Way too many people for such a small place. I understand most people are just looking for a place to sleep at night. Good luck when you are stacked the equivalent space of a walk in closet with bunk beds 3 people tall and the light on until midnight while music blares outside.
Robert
Age 22, U.S.A.
2013-08-06

Not so nice -- but I got a place to sleep
My parents were very scared of letting me go to Paris and stay at this hostel, because the ratings where so bad, but I did and I survived. The hostel is not that great, but I only where there to sleep, and spent the rest of the day all over Paris. So if you're not planing on staying the day around, then just book this place. ps. the beds are not so great, but I sleep easily, so that wasn't a problem either.
Mette
(DK)
2012-06-08

Bedbugs?
I spent four nights in this hostel in March 2012. The place was very strictly for sleeping and NOTHING else. There is wifi for very limited hours, and is very expensive. They did not say on the website that wifi was not free. The rooms are very small (the size of a college dorm) with five beds in it. A bunk of 3 and a bunk of 2. I think only people who snore go to this hostel, so if you don't snore, you won't fit in. (I didn't!). Also I got a few bedbug bites after staying at this hostel, and when I returned home, I found a killed one on my clothes! They should have that checked out.
Phil