Alaska Youth Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Alaska Youth Hostel" at 2910 West 31st Avenue.)

2910 West 31st Avenue, Anchorage, Alaska, USA
61.192267, -149.939445 (accuracy not guaranteed)
907-310-2946
907-334-6902

How is Alaska Youth Hostel rated on other websites?

Utter utter hole!
I arrived in alaska and was dropped at the hostel. I lasted a whole 30 minutes before i grabbed my case and waited out front for a cab to take me somewhere else. The hostel is full of druggies and alcoholic locals. I got locked in my room because there was no door handle. My druggie roommate had cigarette butts on her disgusting bed and on the floor, the bed sheets were all ripped. I was a woman traveling alone and i was scared so i ran as soon as i could get out my room. The owner refused to give me a refund so i had to take it up with the website and they got me the refund. I ended up paying through the nose for a hotel. Do not stay here.
Age 40, Australia
2017-11-01

Horrible hotel in general
I won't recommend to anyone cause the owner has bad temper and not friendly. You can find any hostel better than this one. Anyway I cannot stand with sleeping with 20 people in one single room.
Yanjiao
Age 22, Japanese
2015-10-01

Stay away if you're a woman
Jerks, druggies, alcoholics, rejects of society flourish here. If you're female, stay away from hostels in general.
Amy
2015-04-01

Clean and comfortable, cheap
We'll, I've stay there for a little over a month, they have really good price compare to other hostels in town, $350 for 28 days, I really like it. The stuff there is vary friendly, but they don't have a front desk, always use phones to call them when I need help. Everything works really good, I would say, call them before u wanna check in, cause they are not always around all the time, and get a bus pass or a car.
Duran
Age 35, Usa
2014-01-18

Good
Nice facilities. Friendly guests. A little inconvenient to get to -- without a car. Clean. Everything worked.
JEFF- Good, clean
Age 72, USA
2013-07-17

Could be a VERY fun place if it were taken care of better
My boss tells me that back in the 1960s, this used to be the home of a crooked strip-mall developer called Zaparilo or something. It is a sweet, old-school mansion and his wife once had it painted purple, but it's white now. Anyway, pool is great, sauna is awesome, hot tub doesn't work. Some windows are broken and the window in my bathroom had a friggin' plastic bag for a handle. Bedrooms have individual pass-codes which is nice, but I still locked my guitar to a water pipe with one of those safety locks you use for guns. My room mates were weird and angry, shouting at themselves or me in half-english, half-korean. So as long as they're gone, you're good! The neighborhood is safe and clean and quiet for the city. Very close to trails and Pt. Woronzof, Earthquake Park. Main drawback is there's only one bus line in the area and it only runs hourly and travels a particular roundabout route. There was some light construction / renovation going on when I was there so they're working on it. With a little effort, this place could be top-notch. And boy, if those walls could talk!
Ian
Age 28, Brooklyn
2013-04-02

This place sucks because of the people who stay there long term
most of the people who stay there long term are drug users and or alcoholics. they do not allow use on the property ,but people come in every day drunk and high. there are heated arguments almost every day and some times the arguments are in the wee hour of the morning like 2 am.
jeff
Age 53, USA
2013-03-27

Management not so good
cool old place. drug infested though.
john