Travellers Oasis, Cairns

Parramatta Park
9.5

Travellers Oasis is listed at the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Booking.com

How is Travellers Oasis rated on booking websites?

Travellers Oasis Reviews

Would recommend to anyone

Great staff, clean rooms. Free WiFi. Laundry services. The front desk was sooo accommodating, they helped you get settled and helped you book any activities you wanted to do. Outside the CBD but there was a shuttle that would drive you into CBD if you needed it. Upon check in they gave you a small map of the area and pointed out places that travelers usually find useful. Wasn't a party hostel but still had good vibes and encouraged you to meet and socialize with the other travelers. Will help you with anything you need, very friendly. Provided a bath towel for each bed too. Stay here if you can, I had booked one night and could not extend my stay because they had no vacancies, but they set me up in a room with their sister hostel (Tropic Days) which was just as excellent.

Cassandra
2019-05-21
Age 26 | Canada

Amazing place to stay in Cairns

Relaxing friendly place to stay,very clean and comfortable.

Superb staff who can help you find the best trips available.

Dave Wilson
2015-08-02
Age 52 | Scotland

Best Hostel In Aus!

I stayed in many hostels while in Aus, and this one was my favorite. The rooms were nice, and the beds were very comfy. Bathroom and showers were nice. The hostel was very clean. Had a nice pool. All staff were incredibly awesome! So nice and helpful. It was a quite hostel, which was really good for us since we needed too be up very early. I'd definitely come back here. Definitely recommend this hostel!

Samantha
2014-05-04
Canada

Staff/Location/Service awesome

The staff is very friendly and helps with everything! Location is very close to the mall where you can buy everything. Unfortunately the towels in the kitchen werent replaced during our stay (4 days) which was a little bit disgusting because they were dirty ...

Sebastian
2013-05-12
Age 22 | Germany

Best Backpackers in Australia, possibly the world.

I find it hard to fault the Travellers Oasis Backpackers in Cairns. Right from the friendly, helpful staff and management to the homely, thoughtful and bright surrounds. One feels pampered just being in this clean, well maintained establishment. On arrival you instantly feel apart of a like-minded group willing to share them selves with you and make you apart of it all. Great, great, great.

Michael Featherstone
2012-08-19
Australian

Aweome!!

Travellers Oasis is one of the best hostels I've ever been at! The staff was extremely friendly and made you feel right at home. Also, the facilities were clean and comfortable. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone traveling through Cairns!

Rachael
2012-05-08
U.S.

Travellers Oasis is a relatively small hostel located just five minutes' walk from central Cairns. The hostel itself has a very friendly, family feel and the staff are extremely nice and helpful. The reception of the hostel also doubles up as a travel shop, and the staff are very knowledgeable, offering good deals for trips throughout the East Coast.

The location of the hostel is very good -- Cairns Central shopping centre (which has a supermarket for self-caterers, a food court, and plenty of other shops) is just five minutes' walk away. Cairns' main strip of bars and restaurants is then located just five minutes further down the road, where the party atmosphere associated with the city can be experienced. This short distance, however, is also far enough away for a quiet night.

Cairns' famous lagoon swimming area is located around fifteen minutes' walk from the hostel, where you can spend a day relaxing by the manmade beach. This is also right next to the Greyhound bus drop-off -- the hostel offers a free pick-up service if you ring ahead.

Travellers Oasis offers small-share dorm rooms (we stayed in a three-bed) and doubles. The dorm rooms are very clean but on the small side; however, due to the hostel having no bunk beds they are not overly packed even at full occupancy. This also provides a much more comfortable night's sleep than arriving at a hostel where only top bunks are available! You must pay for air conditioning -- this is a necessity in Cairns' tropical climate.

The hostel offers unisex bathrooms located in various locations around the grounds. These are kept very clean, however, can be quite inconvenient as showers, sinks, and toilets are all located in one room -- if one is in use, you cannot use any of these facilities.

The two kitchens in the hostel are very clean and fairly well equipped compared to other hostels on the coast. There are also plenty of eating areas for all guests, but these are all outside, which can attract bugs (there are plenty of these around in Cairns!).

The hostel also has a very nice swimming pool area complete with sun loungers for those wishing to relax during the day. Next to one of the kitchens is a TV room, which is fairly small and has only two sofas, but it's rarely busy and has a very homey feel. The only issue in terms of communal areas is that the computers (which you pay to use), located in reception, close 8 p.m., so internet access is only available to those with laptops after this time.

Summary

Overall, Travellers Oasis is a very pleasant place to stay and we would stay there again if we were in Cairns. The hostel is not a party hostel like others in the city, but those wanting that kind of atmosphere can find it in the town just ten minutes' walk away. This hostel is ideal for those looking for a quiet, homey hostel at a reasonable price in a good location for exploring Cairns and the surrounding area.

Kirsty McMahon
2011-11-23
England

Home away from Home

Loved this place I recommended it to other backpackers and they loved it as well! I felt like part of the family when I stayed there. It's clean and comfortable. P.S. John is a legend and loves to be told that.

Andrea
2011-09-01

Travellers Oasis Reviews from the Web

It really is a crying shame that the highest increment this website lets you rate a hostel is out of 10, because if I could rate this hostel 1 trillion out of one trillion, I would in a heartbeat. The customer service was utterly impeccable. The dorm and kitchen was spotlessly immaculate. The decor was breathtaking. The location and ambiance was spectacularly phenomenal. After travelling to over 1000 hostels I can easily say this is the best hostel in the observable universe.

Pancakes8225223
2022-07-31

We loved the friendly and welcoming atmosphere! Its a beautiful escape right in the city. We especially loved the outdoor shower and quiet relaxation areas. We will definitely be staying here every-time we come to Cairns :)

vfholman4679
2022-07-29

This is the best jostle Ive ever stayed at

benjaminkiernan914398
2022-07-28

Fantastic place to stay and chill out. The vibes were immaculate and the people were so lovely.

malyndabo6654
2022-07-25

Had such an amazing stay at Travellers Oasis!!! Cant recommend it enough. The staff truly made me feel welcome while I was there and provided excellent travel tips while I was in Cairns. The facilities were amazing, and I was able to meet some awesome folk during the stay. I definitely will be returning when I visit Cairns again - truly an amazing experience that I will be raving to friends about.

ZestyCat
2022-07-25

The pictures do not do this place justice! Everywhere you look there is a new piece of art or tiny detail that makes this place amazing, I wish I had found it sooner. It is very relaxing and I was able to do work and leave feeling refreshed. I appreciated the quiet times, so if you are looking to party all night I would look elsewhere. If you need to relax and get a tiny piece of heaven do not hesitate to book this place, you will not be disappointed.

grubbsmegan951946
2022-07-25

Travellers oasis is the best hostel I have ever stayed in!!!! In my mind this is the only place to stay when staying in cairns. Stuff are super helpful and recommended the best trips, always ask what they recommend.

Everything is super clean, beautiful gardens, stunning swimming pool and the outside shower was phenomenal.

I have travelled and lived many places in the world and this is by far the best week of my life. I am super grateful and I couldnt recommend this place more.

AJPS26
2022-07-21

I had an excellent time at Travellers Oasis and it was one of my favourite hostels I have ever stayed at! It had a great atmosphere and it was very clean. Both staff and guests were lovely. I would definitely stay again if I visit Cairns!

sophiewaring6687
2022-07-21

Super wonderful place to stay! They have tons of areas to hang out, and they have quiet hours after 10 pm. Its such a relaxing place. With all the plants, leisure areas, cute decor, and friendly faces, its really an oasis. I loved my stay.

mickyfaya1233664
2022-07-20

Great atmosphere, it was very chill and homely which was exactly what I was looking for. The staff were also really friendly. I booked one tour directly with them and had the best time. Stayed in a single room, and there was a TV & fridge which was an added bonus. Loved my stay, and will definitely be back here if Im in Cairns again!

priyamani
2022-07-19

Felt very safe and supported.

A great place to kick back.

carlprem8814
2022-07-11

Lovely place to stay! Would 100% recommend

franbiles231274
2022-07-08

This place is great! Everyone's very nice and the staff is very helpful. It's important to realize however this is very much a chill/calm hostel. Quiet hours are strictly enforced, so if you're looking for any version of a party hostel this is definitely not it. But if you're looking for a nice, clean place with good vibes and people, and where you'll never have to worry about losing sleep because people are partying it up, this is the right place for you!

hyeago9974
2022-06-23

Amazing place that makes you feel at home! I had the best time here and met so many great people! Would totally stay here again!

annevdiepen3111
2022-06-18

A little off the beaten path, but a great place to chill and hang out.

mystman12348690
2022-06-16

Traveller's Oasis is an absolutely wonderful hostel! It is so clear that the owners poured love into this place; it truly felt like home while we were there. There are multiple kitchens and bathroom facilities and an AMAZING outdoor shower, as well as a great pool. This was the safest I've felt at a hostel, with a code being needed to get on the property. The staff was absolutely wonderful, and it really felt like home during my short time there. I would happily recommend this place to anyone!

anc153718003
2022-06-15

I had the best week at the Travellers Oasis, the atmosphere was amazing and I was able to meet so many beautiful people. The room was clean and the location perfect

avbXtRQxl1CBn52G
2022-06-12

Amazing hostel, great vibe, amenities and location, a must stay in Cairns!

leilanilinnpatterson9561
2022-06-09

The staff were super helpful, especially the young lady who checked us in after our late arrival.

The venue was super wholesome and in a great location if you want to visit the islands or the great barrier reef.

The guests staying in the hostel were friendly and respectful and we got great advice on how to enjoy our stay on the last days in Cairns

Ashleyhollowaywork9732
2022-06-03

Wonderful and unique place. Staff were really friendly and helpful and although it was not in the centre of town it was only 15 mins or so from the party hub and near to the buses and would ensure quiet nights once I got back. Pool was beautiful and the atmosphere calming and safe. Highlight was defo the outdoor shower. Would recommend for both long and short term stays as the community there is great! Definitely in the top 3 best hostels I stayed in in Oz.

aqYFsXaihqtpel53
2022-06-01

We are Cairns' best budget accommodation, offering comfortable and clean facilities to budget-conscious travellers in a relaxed and friendly environment.

Our premises are newly renovated and restored and tastefully decorated to capture the ambience of the Tropical North Queensland environment. We are nestled in the relaxing surrounds of lush tropical gardens, with a pool, barbeque area and all the comforts of home at your fingertips.

Small – only 46 guests maximum

Centrally located – a short walk to the Cairns city centre, shops, cinemas, banks, supermarkets, restaurants and the waterfront (& close to dive schools!)

Comfortable – good beds and all the comforts of home!

Clean – we pride ourselves on clean facilities (all linen and towels are supplied at no extra cost)

Quiet – our small size and location make for peaceful surroundings

Relaxed & fun – our garden and pool area is a great place to hang out and meet new people

Video of Travellers Oasis

Here is a video of Travellers Oasis. The video gives you a better understanding of what you can expect.

• From Cairns Domestic & International airport
• Cairns Airport is 6kms to the city. There are 3 ways to get to us from the airport
• Airport shuttle- this is your cheapest option if travelling solo. For just $15 pp.
• Taxi - There are taxis waiting for you just outside the arrivals. Approx. $25 or call 131008
• Uber- just use your app. Approx. $20- $25.
• Alternatively, there are taxis costing $23-27 depending on time of day and traffic.
• From Cairns Central Railway Station:
• We are located opposite the Bunda Street Train Station Entrance.
• From the Greyhound Bus Stop:
• We are 5 blocks walk from the bus stop.
• From the Premier Motors Bus Stop:
• We are opposite the Premier Motors bus stop. You just need to exit the station onto Bunda Street.

Address: 8 Scott Street, Parramatta Park, Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Travellers Oasis is listed on the following booking sites:

Website Travellers Oasis Cairns www.travellersoasis.com.au
Phone Number: +61 (7) 4052-1377

+50 Traveller

Quiet Rest

Darts

Nightclub

Swimming Pool

Reception Hours: 7am-8pm

Size: Medium (30-60 beds)

Rate Travellers Oasis