Cordial House Hostel Istanbul, Istanbul

Sultanahmet - Old City
8.1

How is Cordial House Hostel Istanbul rated on booking websites?

Cordial House Hostel Istanbul Reviews

Good Location

Good hostel. Nice location. No breakfast. Very hot room.

Pedro
2013-11-02
Age 24 | Brazil

Disappointed!!!!

I have stayed there for a week. The staff was unfriendly and every time you would ask them something, they seemed very annoyed by the idea of helping you. There's only one key for the whole dormitory and no lockers inside. Someone stole my new turkish towel that i bought in the egyptian bazar. When I went to the reception to ask if maybe the cleaning lady took it by mistake, the guy at the reception just said, no, they don't take towels. when i asked him if he could call someone just to make sure he was very annoyed. No compassion at all. I talked with a girl who was in a school trip about it and she said that someone in her group got stolen a duvet blanket. Very sketchy. The only thing nice is the location. I would not recommend it.

vero
2013-07-24
canada

Super clean, friendly, and centrally located hostel

Cordial House is a great base for those who seek for a good accommodation with great deals in old part of Istanbul, Sultanahmet. We made our booking online for one night only because we first wanted to try if the hostel was good enough to stay longer. We also asked them to pick us up from Sabiha Gokcen Airport and when we landed the hostel driver was waiting for us with a placard on which our names were written. This was a great help to get into the city. The reception staff who met us was friendly and gave us our room right away. The room was beyond our expectations because the size of the room was very big, the bathroom was spotless clean. We extended our stay after the first night stay because we really did like this hostel. They also provide daily housekeeping service, which kept our room clean during our stay. We will definitely stay at Cordial if we return and recommend Cordial House any one looking for a great hostel offering unbeatable rates.

Heidi
2011-11-06
German

Very nice hostel with nice staff

The hospitality I received from Cordial House is enormous. The manager, Tugrul Gokce and staff made me feel I was at home in Canada. The warmth and the friendly gestures are overwhelming I feel I lived in a house instead of an hotel. The rooms are clean, every request is attended to without delay, request for trips and advise for travel are well provided and most staff you can converse lengthily even when they are busy. When I left a LIRA coin in my laundry, they honestly handed me back the coin. When I asked for a shuttle to the airport, there is no delay. When I request my luggage to be stored, no problem, they will take care of it. If you compare the rates they charge with other hostels, Cordial House is reasonable considering the closeness of the top attractions such as the Turkish Bazaar, Topkapi, Ble Mosque, Cistern Underground, the tram, and the Turkish baths. I will remember my stay in Istanbul as the brightest shining jewel in the entire travels I have had for so many years. I feel the Turkish people as one of the friendliest ever I have met in my travels. I won so many friends in my visits to Cappadocia, Pamukkale, Ephesus, Taksim Square Istiklial Caddesi. The movie Midnight Express of so many years ago was wrong. The way the western press focuses right now on the war fronts between the Turks and the Kurds in the south are blown out of proportion. I am very proud that this country retains the tradition and discipline of its history and culture. When my plane flew from Istanbul, I had a lump in my throat, thinking that I am leaving behind the warmth and friendly citizens of this country. Tugkrul and company, thank you so much.

Bal De More
2010-01-29
Canada

Good location but that is about all you can expect

the subway/tram lines bring you from the airport to about three hundred meters from the hostel/hotel. that is the only advantage. I stayed in the dorm for three days and the room was not cleaned. the bed sheets not changed and rubbish not cleared. the room were not adequately heated up and bathroom basic and not heated either. Staff were cordial and indifference. don't expect more. Quotes for rooms were in Euros but except only Lira equivalent at their unfriendly exchange rates if payment were made by credit card.

sun
2009-11-29
singapore

Disappointing

I stayed here on the basis of people's recommendations on this site but was disappointed with the reality. The staff were polite but certainly not friendly, the room was very cold (most of us used three blankets at night), and heaters were turned off during the day, the showers were school camp style, and daily vacuuming/cleaning did not seem to occur. Although the hostel has both an information office and tourist information office they never actually seemed to be open nor any opening hours posted! The location is great and new carpet was being laid while I was there but I will definitely try somewhere else if I return to Istanbul.

Lauren
2008-02-01
NZ

Very good hostel clean and very friendly staff

I loved my stay at the Cordial House! As promised, someone was at the airport to transport us to the hotel which was really nice and convenient. The location was absolutely perfect! So close to all the major tourist spots such as the Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar, Hagia Sofia. Also, it was very close to a tram stop. The staff at the hotel were all super friendly, they spoke perfect English, and they were always ready and willing to accommodate. I highly recommend staying at the Cordial House. The only thing I would have changed about my stay is that I would have requested a room without a street view because the street was a bit noisy at night. Enjoy your stay in Istanbul, it is a wonderful city!

Yua Kim
2007-06-13
Korean

For Istanbul's standards, it is probably very good.

I stayed here and had no real complaints. The bed was clean, and the bathrooms, although had a distinctly funny smell, was pretty clean. My advice is bring earplugs because the noise in the streets is unbelievable. No AC! The breakfast will fill you up, although is the simple typical turkish breakfast, which is tomatoes, olives, bread, and cheese. The common area was a nice place to chill out in between your Istanbul sightseeing. It is also possible to meet other travelers maybe, if you are traveling alone. Although it is kind of annoying that the people who work at the hostel are always hanging around the common room talking in turkish. I shouldn't complain though, because they are very helpful with any questions you may have. Also note the airport shuttle is a nice feature, although costs 15 Euro (even to the secondary airport Sabiha). Just stay away from the owner's stinky dog!

2007-06-09
Canada

Cordial House Hostel Istanbul offers an unbeatable combination of economically priced rooms and a perfect location for quality seeking budget travellers.

We provide comfortable accommodation in a clean, safe and friendly atmosphere with a superb location in the heart of the old town.

Since Cordial House opened its doors to budget travellers it has rapidly gained a reputation as the Istanbul's No.1 hostel accommodation quality seeking budget travelers.

Cordial House has a central Location in Sultanahmet, Istanbul. Just a few minutes walk from the Grand Bazaar, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, the Underground Cistern, Topkapi Palace and all the main attractions.

Cordial House is also close to trams, buses, trains and airport shuttle stops. Which ever way you arrive into Istanbul, Cordial House is easy to get to.

Cordial House has a full range of facilities for its guests to enjoy at the end of a hard day visiting the sights.

Common room: A very lively and air-conditioned common area where you can meet other travelers.

Bar: You can enjoy famous Turkish pilsener 'Efes Pilsen' as well as International spirits and local Turkish drinks.

Cafe: Our cafe has a tasty variety of Turkish and Western food at affordable prices. Our cafeteria is even popular with the local university students. It is open from 7 a.m. until mid-night.

Information desk: From our information desk you can find the answers to all your turkey travel questions. From here you can also book a variety of Istanbul and Turkey tours.

Computer/ internet: We have a computer dedicated solely for our guests to use for catching up on E-Mails or just surfing the web. (FREE INTERNET)

Satelite TV: News, sport and movie channels like ESPN, Fox Sports World, Eurosport, Sky News, CNN, Star Movies, National Geographic, Supersports and many more.

Hot water: Cordial House has 24 hour Hot and Cold running water.

Luggage room: A luggage storage room is available free for our guests use. It is permanently locked. The key is available from reception.

Safe: Our safe is also available for our guests to store valuables.

Wake -up Service: A Wake-up service is available 24 hours a day.

Airport Shuttle: An airport shuttle can be booked to pick you up from Cordial House day and night.

Address: Divanyolu Caddesi Peykane Sokak 29, Sultanahmet - Old City, Istanbul (İstanbul), Istanbul Province, Turkey

Cordial House Hostel Istanbul is listed on the following booking sites:

Genders: Males & Females

Min. Age with Parent (dorms): All Ages

Min. Age with Parent (private room): All Ages

Min. Age without Parent: All Ages

Checkout: 12:00 (12 Noon)

Size: Very Large (100+ beds)

Rate Cordial House Hostel Istanbul