The Wayfaring Buckeye Hostel, Columbus

9.0

The Wayfaring Buckeye Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

Booking.com Hostelworld HostelsClub

How is The Wayfaring Buckeye Hostel rated on booking websites?

The Wayfaring Buckeye Hostel Reviews

Very good hospitality ... Highly recommended

Wayfaring buckeye is one of the best hostel I have visited. Highlights about the hostel which included cheap price compared to the other hostel, free laundry, free cycle which you won't get out in other hostels. I was totally satisfied with this hostel and i am highly recommend people to make this hostel a first choice while booking.

Harshavardhana
2015-10-10
Age 28 | Indian

May Stay

I wanted to take a solo trip to Columbus to celebrate my 23rd birthday. I'm so glad I spent the weekend at The Wayfaring Buckeye. The staff was amazing, the amenities were more than I expected, and I saved a whole bunch of money compared to if I had stayed anywhere else! I have only had one previous hostel experience, but the staff at The Wayfaring Buckeye made sure I understood everything and made me feel at home. I was exhausted when I got there so I relaxed on my bed for awhile, and I was not disturbed by any noise or interruptions. It did seem to have a fairly quiet atmosphere, which could be a good or bad thing depending on your personality and amount of energy, but if you wanted to talk, there were plenty of people willing to talk! I was especially impressed by the cleanliness. Mumps, measles, and bedbugs have been a concern in Columbus recently, and it seemed like this hostel had good standards of cleanliness to prevent these from spreading. The hostel was conveniently located near the OSU campus, although I ended up wanting to spend most of my visit downtown. However, it was just a few miles by bike to get to the heart of Columbus. I had brought my own bike, and I was surprised that I didn't even need to do that because bikes and locks were provided for free! I was thankful that I could borrow a helmet, though. My only disappointment in my stay was that the hot tub was temporarily out of order, but I'm sure that's something that future guests will love. As it turned out, the weekend I stayed involved on-and-off storms, so it probably wouldn't have been a good idea to go in the hot tub even if it did work! The Wayfaring Buckeye appears to have once been a duplex, but a wall dividing the two homes was removed. That means twice the kitchen space, living rooms, and everything else! All in all, The Wayfaring Buckeye played a major role in allowing me to have a super-awesome birthday!

#
Jessica
2014-05-13
Age 23 | USA

The Wayfaring Buckeye Hostel provides cozy comfort at a fair price for visitors to the Columbus area.

The hostel is located about one mile from the Ohio State campus in the SoHud area of Columbus' University district. It is a typical American college neighborhood, where most of the residents are Ohio State students. The area is safe and in close proximity to public transportation, though parking in the area is limited.

Housed in a two-story duplex with basement and attic, the hostel has male, female, and mixed dorms, as well as a private room. Each well-lit room has a closet, desk, and plenty of outlets for charging electronics. The beds are warm, comfortable, and freshly made with clean linens. Each door has an electronic lock that opens with a numerical code, and storage lockers are available free in the common area.

There is one full bathroom on the same floor as the sleeping quarters and another full bathroom in the basement. Each is sparkling clean and modern, with self-cleaning showers and plenty of room to get dressed and prepare for the day. Large, fluffy towels and some toiletries such as shampoo and lotion are provided at no additional cost.

The common area on the first floor is impressive for such a small hostel. There are comfortable leather couches, computers with Wi-Fi and a printer, and a projection television that can be connected to a DVD player or computer. Bicycles and helmets are available for use, and there is a free guest laundry in the basement. Area maps hang on the walls by the staircase to help visitors get their bearings, and each week staff members post events and concerts on a large board to let guests know what is going on in the area. It's a great place to hang out and chat with the sociable staff and guests you'll find at the Wayfaring Buckeye. The kitchen is equipped with every modern appliance you could need, and guests are welcome to help themselves to the stock of dry cereals, bagels, coffee, and tea. There is also a porch with seating and ashtrays, since smoking is not permitted inside the hostel.

Summary

The Wayfaring Buckeye is luxurious compared to many hostels. Although there is not a lot to do in the area, and those with cars may have trouble finding a place to park, the accommodations are top notch when it comes to comfort and cleanliness.

Baxter
2012-05-24
United States

Our hostel has many unique features.

We have a very large projected screen for movies and entertainment in the common area. Additionally, we can accommodate musical performances or concerts in the back patio area as well as smaller events in the common area. We have a hot tub in the back yard and there is a foosball table in the common area.

We keep a watchful eye on local events to ensure you stay informed. We provide all guests with a comforter, duvet, sheets, pillow, pillowcase, and bath towel upon arrival. We do not allow guests to use their own bedding. The kitchen is available for guest use. We provide a free continental breakfast everyday and a large buffet breakfast on special occasions.

We do not allow smoking of cigarettes/cigars in the building, however we do allow smoking on the front porch and back patio.

We provide lockers in the common areas for the storage of valuables and some locks are provided. Luggage storage is available. We have several bikes that are available to borrow. Sleeping space is typically not available until after 5:00 pm on the day the guest will check in.

Address: 2407 Indiana Avenue, Columbus, Ohio, USA

Bike Rental

Pub Crawls

Darts

Hot tub/Jacuzzi

Checkout: 12:00 (12 Noon)

Size: Small (less than 30 beds)

Rate The Wayfaring Buckeye Hostel