Saranda Backpackers, Sarandë

9.2

Saranda Backpackers is listed at the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Booking.com

How is Saranda Backpackers rated on booking websites?

Saranda Backpackers Reviews

Tomi is still Tomi and he runs a fine operation.

This is not my first time to stay here. I am very comfortable with the hostel and its location. Everything I might need is not on the surrounding hillsides, but around the malecon right in front of me. It is so nice to get my morning sun on the balcony. Keep up the wonderful work, Jerry

Jerry
2022-01-09
Age 76 | Permanent Traveler on a USA passport

The hostel has great location, clean, great wi-fi, great view

We stayed twice in September. Both times Tomi was fantastic. He greeted us with fruit and even fed the hostel lunch one day. He was very hands on and a fantastic host. The hostel itself is an apartment that has been made into a hostel. Lots of room, nice kitchen, one bathroom (but a small hostel so it was ok) and big balconies on each room overlooking the water. Perfect location. About 10 minute walk from the "bus stop" and you can see the port from the balcony. Not even two minutes. The hostel was spotless. Tomi also knows all the bus times. Which is a great thing because there is not a proper bus station. The beds are comfy and there are lockers. The wi-fi is strong and there is also a computer to use. I would recommend this highly. It would be a five if there were two bathrooms. Thanks Tomi.

beeker
2013-10-19
usa

Saranda Backpackers Reviews from the Web

Thanks Tommy e Rino :)

eroszero6395
2022-09-06

Wonderful hosts, lovely place to stay

mattbick
2022-08-26

The lockers are old and dont always lock properly. No curtains on the beds.

No coffee at breakfast.

They will do your laundry, price dependent on how much you need washed - in my case 1.50 for about half a pillow case stuffed of clothes.

Very helpful with info about bus/ferry schedules and what to do in Saranda.

Rebecca-annie-oneill
2022-08-26

The hostel was amazing! Tommy was really helpful and whenever I had a question he was always there to help me. The location is very convenient because its right next to the port and the beach and its walking distance from all the stores. The hostel is small and quiet. Everyone was really friendly! I would definitely come back to stay at this hostel again.

marinagkika20008405
2022-08-22

Thank you Tommi and Rino for a lovely stay! You are so welcoming and helped me when I needed it. I would 100% recommend this hostel.

clarerms9328
2022-08-21

Best host ever! Tommi was so helpful with everything we needed during our stay. Great location, great free breakfast, great atmosphere. Definitely recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Sarande.

anniekinsella243
2022-08-19

Really good hostel!

Location is great, just in front of the bay which you can see from the terrace.

Personnel is great, nice and helpful!

Rooms and bathrooms are clean !

I totally recommend this hostel! I would come back for sure

No individual plugs on each bed.

olayasalvado5404
2022-08-18

Amazing time with Tommy and hes stuff !! Thank you guys for great the attention !!!

alvaroprietoy9505
2022-08-16

a small little hostel which is nice as you get to know everyone. great location right on the beach. and tomi is an ALL TIME hostel host. so helpful. NO PROBLEM

chloestapelberg
2022-08-11

In this place nothing is a problem and there is always a solution to everything. I would definitely recommend staying here! Thanks for the warm welcome and for taking such good care of me :)

meerijalonen
2022-08-11

Amazing location, Tomi was fabulous and the common room area was a great way to meet people.

claremelissa
2022-08-10

Such an amazing experience staying here, the host is so helpful and really looks after you. I will 100% be back to visit again the next time I'm in Saranda!

kristian1170
2022-08-08

Perfect. Would definitely stay there again!

dinaelisabet964524
2022-08-07

A really great vibe and I throughly enjoyed my stay. The town wasnt my favorite place but the hostel was fantastic.

alh1blue6078
2022-08-07

Lovely hostel, Tommi is great and the place feels cosy with a nice lounge area. Definitely recommend

rosemunday348
2022-08-01

Super friendly staff who introduced me to the other travellers there who were planning an activity!

Amazing location near the port as well.

Only bad thing: I wish you would charge more for the rooms but turn on the AC longer. Only having AC from 10pm-8am really sucks when its super hot in the summer.

mosesstephen
2022-07-31

I booked just for 3 nights and staying here now for 10 days:

The hostel itself is in a prestigious area! From the balcony you can see the sea and boats by the beach.

Just crossing the street and taking a few stairs, you are already at the beach and the beautiful promenade!

At the surroundings you have everything you need: very affordable restaurants, nice cafes, supermarkets and ATMs.

Constantly cleaning!:)

Tomi the owner/manager makes sure that you are feeling comfortable during your stay!

daniel1962
2022-07-31

Tomi was a great host and has a great hostel. Clean, comfy and a fun atmosphere. Took us for a bbq on the beach, sorts out everything for you in terms of trips and is always available. Top guy, will be back.

callumhigh922465
2022-07-29

Best experience in my whole trip! The barbecue they prepared for us was awesome!

Thanks, Tomi and Rino.

leooferreira38
2022-07-29

I had a great time at Saranda Backpackers! Perfect location right by the beach, good doorms, great vibe! Tomi and Rino were both super nice and helpful! Would absolutely recommend!

theaovik8191
2022-07-29

Best location in Saranda! 50 meters from FerryCorfu ,, FREE WIFI, Beach BBQ, promenade with bars, restaurants, buses to Butrinti ruins and Ksamili islands and beaches , farmers market, motorcycles cars rental.ATM - all on our doorstep!!!

Hostel descriptions!!!
Few minutes walk down hill from the bus station toward the beach ,you will be welcomed to Saranda Backpackers!
This hostel is run by local guys,who are fluent in English ,Italian and Greek !
This hostel is located only 20 meters from Saranda 's main beach. All rooms are connected to terraces overlooking Saranda bay and have A/C (which will get on from 22 00 till 08 00 every night )!
We are at your disposal 24/7 and can give you an insider view of Saranda.We can recommend cheap traditional restaurants as well as help navigate your next destination and point out all of the nearby hot spots including trips on budget for 200 Leke to Blue Eye.and for 100 Leke to the antic excavation of Butrint or the fantastic beaches of Ksamili or Pasqyra Beach south of Saranda or help you with excursion to Lekuresi castle !
To cool yourself off ,the beach is few steps from the hostel !
Coming back from the beach ,you may enjoy a beer and share the terraces with other guests ! During the evening you may stay longer in our living room area with A/C talking, drinking ,or come with us and share a BBQ on the beach (prior agreement with Tomi).

Located just 50 meters from Ferry Corfu and quick walk downhill from the central bus station,Saranda Backpackers is not only close to all major transportation hubs,its also a short walk to the promenade which is lined with bars ,discos and restaurants( be sure to try the famous mussels). As you stroll along the promenade stop and have a shot of raki,enjoy the sea view and live the moment as the locals do.Last but not least the main beach is in front of the hostel Soak up the sun,rent the paddle boat,or float the day away in the clean refreshing sea !
Also the hostel is located right around the corner from the farmers market and the town's big supermarket Alfa!
Some of the hostel;s benefits include hot showers,free internet,washing machine and balconies with stunning views of the bay and kitchen is well!
We are here open for all your questions and try to help you with all your travel needs-day trips around Saranda and travelling around Albania too !

Our Hostel Events
Albanian Culture night
Dinner in Town( local dinners,pizza places,and have time for drinks and ice creams)!
Beach BBQ ( on nights when we have 8 or more guests we can arrange a Beach BBQ. There is not better way to get to know your fellow guests and enjoy a beautiful Saranda night! After dinner you may even desire a moonlight swim!
Saranda Walking Tours
Seafood Night
So what are you waiting for?
Get yourself booked in now as unavailability may disappoint!

• By Ferry: Once you clear customs at the Port of Saranda, exit the customs house and follow the ramp up to the street. Turn right towards the town center and 50 meters on your left is our hostel, you will see a gray and yellow building (# 10), look for the Fast Food JOAN SOUVLAKI and the dark brown door next to is the door , that you have to ring the bell Saranda Backpackers and we will be at your service. It is less than a minute walk from the port.
• By Bus: All buses coming into Saranda drop you off at the central bus station. From the bus station, walk down the hill towards the sea,turn right on Rruga ' Abedin Dino'(ruins on the right) and keep walking. Pass the first intersection and continue on the road until it ends.You will see CONAD Supermarket on your left and a big ecualiptus tree in the middle of the road.You will bear on the right of the tree and 50 metters in front of you will be a yellow and grey building Nr 10 .Pass the Crepi Star and at the next dark brown door between the creperi and Joan Souvlaki you ring the bell and we will be at your service. It is a 6 minute walk.
• By Car, Bike or Motor Bike: When you enter Saranda make your way to the port, (the word Port is the same in Albanian, if you need to ask for directions). We are located on the same street as the port, yellow and gray building (#10), just look for the Crepe restaurant. There is street parking right in front of our building.
• IT IS VERY EASY TO FIND US! THANKS!

Address: Rruga Mithat Hoxha, Pallati 10, Lagjia 4, Sarandë (Saranda), Vlorë, Albania

Saranda Backpackers is listed on the following booking sites:

Website Saranda Backpackers Sarandë (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: 00355 69 43 45 426