Jikeleza Lodge International Backpackers Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:Hostelworld Booking.com
We just compared for you all availability and prices!
So get the best deal, save money and travel longer.
"JIKELEZA LODGE" is an International Backpackers Hostel. You'll find the hostel safe, clean and comfortable offering a true African experience and South African hospitality. It has been designed by travelers for travelers to meet in a home away from home atmosphere. The hostel has a reputation for making you feel welcome and are enthusiastically run by the owners and their manager. The old buildings with all the gleaming wood and warm, atmospheric charm are a stones throw or a quick stomp away from inexpensive and traditional African restaurants, night spots, jazz clubs, pubs, post office, banks, antique shops, 24 hour grocery shopping and flea markets. The owners are fanatical about cleanliness and all the staff are friendly and go out of their way to help you. They offer you a variety of accommodation.
There are single rooms, double rooms (Double bed) and twin rooms (2 single beds), 3, 4 and 5 bed family/group rooms, dorms and camping. The hostel is never crowded and their dorms only have a maximum of 7 beds and at times are smaller. The dorms are mixed, both male and female, and may not be suitable for some local holiday makers who are not conversant with traveling etiquette. You will need a VIP, Bacpac, HI or other backpacker card, a ISIC or student card to stay in the dorms. The kitchen is fully fitted so that you can whip up a quick meal or cook up a storm.
JIKELEZA LODGE are set right in the heart of the old historical Port Elizabeth city and right on the Donkin Heritage walking trail. Here you can walk amongst the many old buildings of yesteryear marveling at the fine architecture and history of the time. If traveling is getting you down then you can relax in their gardens. Grab a beer from their self service refreshment bar and have a braai or eat your breakfast under the cathedral style shady trees. Share your experience with the visiting birds, who frequent the garden often. Our prices vary from 6/7 bed dorms at R115-00pppn, R290-00 for a double/twin (max 2 people), R390-00 for a 3 bed room, R500-00 for a 4 bed room and R195-00 for a single room per night. Limited camping is available at R80-00 pppn.
• FREE Wi-Fi
• FREE tea and coffee
• FREE half hour internet
• FREE seventh night OR 4th night half price
• FREE advance booking of accommodation
• FREE booking of tours and safaris
• Range of videos to view at no cost
• Drop off’s at departure points or any place in PE can be arranged
• Hot Showers and bubble baths
• Safe for valuables
• Communal TV lounge
• Large garden with bar-b-que/braai facilities
• Fully equipped warm, Cosy Kitchen
• Full travel/adventure booking facility for anything in Africa
• Internet facilities
• Restaurants on the doorstep
• Serviced and agents for the Baz Bus and Intercape Mainliner Coach
• Close to the worlds fifth oldest test cricket grounds – St Georges Cricket Ground
• Baz Bus drop off/pick up
• Five minutes walk from a 14km nature trail
• Right on the famous Donkin Heritage City Centre Trail
• Special prices on taxis and car hire
• Tours to Addo Elephant National Park, Schotia Lion Safari’s, Amakhala, Kwantu, Seaview and Kragga Kamma Game Parks
• City and Township experiences organized.
• Excellent snorkeling, windsurfing, sailing
• Sandboarding down some of the most exciting and highest sand dunes
• Museums and art galleries with yesteryear and contemporary adventures
• Oceanarium and museum complex
They can organise just about everything for you. From finding out what time of day it is to a five year journey through Africa. We know South Africa better than most South Africans. We are also not bound to any one tour operator, bus or car hire company so we can give you unbiased genuine assistance. We care for You! The travelers say so and the locals say so. Why not give them the opportunity to make your travels a remarkable experience at a great saving." (Coast to Coast magazine)
• How to get to JIKELEZA LODGE (GPS: 33˚ 57’ 558” S, 25˚ 36’ 52” E)
• From the N2 take the M4/Settlersway (Exit 751B) into the city. Take the Russell Rd off-ramp (Exit 5), and bear right under the freeway. Drive up the hill. Turn left into Rink Street. Travel straight until forced left into Bird Street. First road right into Deare Street and ride into our door if you dare. We are at the T junction of Deare and Cuyler Street.
• The Baz Bus drops you right at our door. If you are arriving by bus, train or airline, give us a call when you arrive and we can arrange for a taxi to collect you from anywhere in Port Elizabeth for your account. It is not far.
Address: 44 Cuyler Street, Central, Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Safe Deposit Box
Wi-Fi in Lobby/Commons
Wi-Fi in Rooms
24 Hour Security
Credit Card Payments
Power Point/Sockets in Rooms
Lockers in Rooms
Genders: Males & Females
Max. Age: All Ages
Min. Age with Parent (private room): All Ages
Min. Age without Parent: 18
Checkout: 10:00 (10 AM)
Curfew: No Curfew
Maximum Stay: Unlimited
Minimum Stay: 1 night
Open Dates: All Year
Reception Hours: 7 AM - 10 PM (07:00-22:00)
Size: Small (less than 30 beds)
Get access to exclusive hostel content
Have you stayed at this accommodation? Help your Hostelz Community by leaving a detailed review.
Create your free account to keep track of your hostel portfolio.
Did not find the hostel you are looking for?See all 7 hostels in Port Elizabeth