myOZexp Aberdeen Lodge, Perth

Northbridge
5.6

myOZexp Aberdeen Lodge is listed at the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Booking.com

How is myOZexp Aberdeen Lodge rated on booking websites?

myOZexp Aberdeen Lodge Reviews

Stayed in 94 and 99

Dodgy as fk back then, but best drugs, parties, and people.

Tassie dave( been around a few times)
2019-05-05
Age 48 | Australia

Hostel from hell

I had the misfortune of staying in this hell hole of a hostel for just one night and my god its bad, the beds have no sheets or pillows, just a blank mattress which looked like had been taken out of a skip, the bedroom, toilets, pretty much everywhere was dirt and mess and the doors on the dorm rooms dont lock so we had drunk idiots coming in and out our room all night screaming and shouting, so yeah avoid this place like the plague!!!

Paul
2015-10-05
Age 31 | British

Very good place

great place to stay nice and friendly people. Bit of a party place but it's all good if your into that stuff. Strongly recommend it to anyone traveling looking for a cheap nice place to stay. Plenty of good memories, no bad ones at all.

john
2015-09-28
Age 30 | Alice Springs

SHITE BOX

Absolute sh*t camp disgusting, Stinks, bedbugs, please stay clear. ended up sleeping in my car, buy a tent and sleep on beach instead -- you will thank me for that advice.

Andrew
2013-03-20
Ireland

BedBugs

Never go there!! A friend and I went there and felt awkward straight away with guys sitting out the front smoking and drinking. Then later we found that one of those people was the manager and that's why we had to wait, because it was closed in the middle of the day?! The floor was disgusting, showers were nothing I'd ever seen before! But in the morning after we left, my friend realised she had bedbug bites all up her arm!! Stay clear of the Aberdeen!

2013-03-08
New Zealand

Party

I have never been in a jail that is as unhygienic as this place (No Way). Hey if you want a good time for a couple of days and to meet real Australia Northbridge is a Party town and the Aberdeen is a Party house. make sure you take a photo of it great for travel stories. As far as drugs go I smoked some weed there, but I didn't buy it there, drank some grog, didn't see anything hard. Good backpacker pub over the road, monday night backpacker night.

been around
2012-03-29
australia

Dirty

This place is disgusting! there is 2 female showers for the whole place and 1 of which u wouldnt go near because i dont think it has ever been cleaned and is in an old dirty bath. the other is not much better!! the rooms are small and to hot with no aircon and the place smells of piss!! there are old sofas that people that havnt even paid sleep on which are apparently full of bedbugs. The windows wouldnt open in my room as they were nailed shut!! However the people i met there were really nice and it has a good place out the front where you can drink and socialise. It is a good location close to the shops and nightlife. Only stay here if u dont mind the place being dirty!!!

2011-03-24

Awful

Avoid this Hostel at all costs if you can -- people who don't even stay there wander around at night and steal food and/or your possessions. It is dirty, the staff are not interested in anything you have to say and there is a feral cat that roams around the kitchen which is nice and hygienic. If it weren't for the people I met in that hostel I would have went mad.

2011-02-22

myOZexp Aberdeen Lodge Reviews from the Web

Hi,

Im very very disapointed with the service provided by this accommodation.

I stayed there my first night, couldnt sleep at all because the room was super small, noisy, I found a spider in the room... they didnt want to refund the money. They gave me "credits" instead. Today I tried to redeem the voucher and they offered me the same room i complained about a month ago. Seriously? what kind of joke is this? Im just asking for $ 102 to be refunded.

Can you please interfere with them?

ale_fanin2935
2022-02-04

Worst hostel I have ever stayed at, took 3 hours for my calls and emails to be answered so I could even enter my room. no reception staff, shes in Philippines and was having a dinner break while I was trying to even get into the hostel. The rooms were disgusting, and the people that live there long term live like slobs. All 6 lockers were full in a 4 bed dorm so no room For my belongings. no lockers so doesnt feel secure to leave any valuables in the room. Would not recommend to worst enemy

mistytickle9264
2021-11-30

Excellent location but a bit noisy on weekends as is in the middle of the city just a quick walk to train station, really comfy beds with firm mattresses and spacious rooms. Id just suggest a little maintenance in womens showers as the curtains dont avoid the flooding in the whole bathroom when anyone takes a shower.

nizunig4660
2021-11-04

Clean, affordable and conveniently located

sjirkjanbangma6356
2021-10-20

Good location but noisy on the weekends with all the bars around. Strange to get used to no reception but easily adapt. Fridge in the room is handy.

emilydavies_xox
2021-10-20

Nice location. Many go out places around and the station for the free bus to the city is in front of the house.

Brudny
2021-10-16

My partner and I have enjoyed a lot our stay in myOZexperience. Is a small and a really quiet hostel, so we could rest well. Well communicated with the city and clean! Really recommended.

albarentero948609
2021-10-16

Cool place to stay

connerf0982018
2021-10-14

That hostel is more like a shared house than a common hostel. If you prefer a quiet place, this hostel will do its job. Location is very good. Close to coles, restaurants, everything you need. Piece and quiet in a central location.

schelljulia5277
2021-10-08

Large double room, really good location next to all the bars in Northbridge and only a 10m walk into the city. Good value for money

IndiacAustin
2021-09-24

Clean, quiet and in the city center

2021-09-18

No frills accommodation in a great location. It has good kitchen appliances for your own cooking. Can get a little loud on the weekends, but to be expected as were in the heart of Perth. Just bring your own ear plugs.

aruefenacht143668
2021-06-16

Never have I seen such an inaccurate rating. What a dirty and untidy little place. They have a Facebook group and if you dare to say the truth you'll be removed from the group. Try having a shower and you have to tuck your tummy in due to the lack of space. Don't expect anything other than an unmade bed and a few extra dirty doonas on your bed to welcome you. No reception on site and absolutely no atmosphere. A $50 deposit is required which is over the top considering the quality. Don't bother.

jmcc26907813
2021-06-14

Very good place to stay

marlonyans875
2021-06-13

No reception or paid staff on site so check emails and pay before arriving, or you'll be waiting outside for an hour+ like I was.

My bed wasn't made but luckily someone was walking past with clean sheets and I could grab some. Most vacated beds still had old sheets on them for days.

No plates, bowls or mugs in the kitchens. Bins near to overflowing.

Nice old building but very run down. Bit cold and gloomy.

Was offered $15 discount on longer stay but only if I wrote review and sent screenshots.

crystal_serpent8847
2021-06-02

Great little hostel, good location only 5-10 minutes walk to the CBD. The hostel is fairly quiet so perfect for long term workers or couples. The facilities are pretty good in relation to the size of the hostel, the showers are warm with good shower pressure although no doors but curtains. The beds were comfortable. The kitchen is a good size, you never feel like its too busy, although at times there was a lack of plates available to use, so we had to buy our own. Overall good cheap hostel.

ben_whitbread3042
2021-05-26

I dont like to leave bad reviews, but, this place has a much higher review than it deserves.

I found a bedbug and signs of more bedbugs. We left after only 5 minutes of being there after I checked the mattresses. When I called the staff to ask for a refund I felt like the person I talked to did not believe me and was not on my side. Luckily I took a photo of the bedbug or, as I was told, I would not have received a refund otherwise. Overall it was not a very clean hostel

Check your mattress

gabesmailroom2539
2021-05-07

I felt fooled by the rating of this place, from my point of view is a 6 to 7, never a 8,2.

Firstly, when we arrived there was only one bed available in a very messy room and we have booked two. Supposedly some residents are also staff members, but we dont know who they are to solve it. I would completely forget it if the atmosphere was good, but it is not the case.

mpmarina9432
2021-04-15

Amazing location, close to city but still quite. Perfect if you want a cosy chill atmosphere. Great value for money. Showers nice and hot

rhia303168
2021-04-12

We had a great time here! Great location, comfy beds and lovely people! Thanks!

lea-christinaschroeder5013
2021-03-24

As one of the original backpackers hostel in Perth, Aberdeen Lodge has been in operation for well over 25 years.

With a small, clean and friendly atmosphere, our hostel is conveniently located right in the heart of Northbridge, the cultural, dining and entertainment area of Perth.

Within walking distance to bars, restaurants, shops/super-markets, Art Gallery, State Library & Museum, this is the ideal place to stay for a full Perth experience.

The City Center & the Train/Bus Station are only 5 mins. walk away. The free City Bus Service, CAT, has its bus stop situated right in front of our hostel. This free bus service will take you to all major attractions of Perth, including Kings Park, the Perth Arena and the riverside.

Our accommodation consists of Dormitories (limited to only 6 beds per room) & Private Rooms (Single, Double/Twin, Triple & Family rooms), all with free Wifi. All guests are allocated their own large lockable lockers. All Private Rooms are equipped with flat screen TV & fridge.

Other facilities include 2 fully equipped kitchens, separate dining & TV rooms (both with wall mounted flat screen TVs), laundary & ironing facilities, ceiling fan in every room, free luggage storage, tour booking & assistance in job placements.

At the front of the property is the front courtyard garden, with picnic benches & BBQ facility, and at the rear, there are private parking for hostel residents.

The hostel is housed in a high ceiling "heritage character" building, which has been recently renovated with polished wooden floors.

For more details, please go to: www.aberdeenlodgebackpackers.com

• Aberdeen Lodge is right in the heart of Northbridge, Perth.
• The facilities around us include: a free Clipper Bus service to all parts of the city including Kings Park and the Swan River as well as an airport shuttle bus service to and from airports.

Address: 79-81 Aberdeen Street, Northbridge WA, Northbridge, Perth, Western Australia, Australia

myOZexp Aberdeen Lodge is listed on the following booking sites:

Website myOZexp Aberdeen Lodge Perth (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: 0431511409

Safe Deposit Box

Lockers in Lobby (AUD 1 per use)

Evening Entertainment

Min. Age with Parent (dorms): 12

Min. Age with Parent (private room): All Ages

Note: Photo Identification Required such as Passport or Driving License

Reception Hours: 8:30am - 12:30pm 4:30pm - 8:30pm

Size: Medium (30-60 beds)

Rate myOZexp Aberdeen Lodge