Beijing P.Loft Hostel is located in downtown Beijing, within the hutong (alley houses) neighborhood behind the Lama Temple. Visitors will find the hostel offers a peaceful break from a busy urban life. It is only 300 meters away from the Lama Temple subway station on lines 2 or 5, from which you can easily access most of Beijing's top sites.
The P.Loft site was formally an artillery factory built in the 18th century by the Qing Dynasty. Following this it became a military weapons depot, prison, then a factory. We kept the original features and style when we were building the hostel in 2007, and today you can still see the remains of the old buildings.
We provide clean and comfortable beds, delicious food, and a great atmosphere. No matter where you are from or what you do, you are always welcome to join us.
What to see and do (daily tours arranged at the hostel):
1) Walking on the Great Wall from Jinshanling to Simatai.
The structure of Jinshanling was mainly built in 1570 of Ming Dynasty and it was a well-preserved fortification system as well as natural fantastic scenery. Simatai Great Wall is highly recommended by the publication Lonely Planet. The hostel organizes daily tours for you to walk on the Great Wall from Jinshanling to Simatai. Along the way you will enjoy the beautiful scenery and you will bring home many pleasant memories.
2) Tours also available to the Badaling or Mutianyu Great Wall and Ming Tombs.
3) The Summer Place tour includes tours to the Temple of Heaven, Forbidden City, Tian’an men Square along with the Summer palace included for 230 RMB are; transportation, all fees, guide, and lunch.
4) Beijing Opera at Liyuan Theatre, with its traditional setting is on regular live performances either English subtitles everyday.
6) Chinese Kungfu show
How to find us:
1) If you arriving in by airplane (6:00am to 21 pm), you can take the airport express (25RMB/perpson, 25mins) to Dongzhimen (in Chinese东直门), then you can inter-change the subway line 2 （2RMB/person, 1 stop only） to get off at Lama Temple station (in Chinese雍和宫), from exit B out, then turn right walking around five minutes, you can find us.
2) If you arriving in Beijing Railway station, you can take Metro Line 2, to get off at Lama Temple station, from exit B out, then turn right walking around five minutes, you can find us. And there is a sign of our on the wall.
3) If you arriving in Beijing West train station ,The best way that you can take the BUS no.9 get off the CHANG CHUN JIE STATION(IN Chinese 长椿街).Then you can take Metro Line 2, to get off at Lama Temple station(in Chinese 雍和宫), from exit B out, then turn right walking around five minutes, you can find us. And there is a sign of our on the wall.
4) If you arriving in Beijing South train station, you can take the subway line 4 get off the Xuan Wu men Stop (IN Chinese 宣武门).Then you can change Metro Line 2, to get off at Lama Temple station(in Chinese 雍和宫), from exit B out, then turn right walking around five minutes, you can find us. And there is a sign of our on the wall.
For taxi driver:
Life is backpacking!
Join us soon! We have entire walls waiting for you to graffiti your life!!!