Bilbao Hostel, Bilbao

Bilbao Hostel, Bilbao (edit listing)

Altamira Digital Nomads Family-Friendly Hostel Groups (10+ people)

Bilbao Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

Address: Carretera Basurto Kastrexana 70, Altamira, Bilbao, Basque Country, Spain

Coordinates: 43.263070, -2.961530 (accuracy not guaranteed)

Bilbao Hostel is listed on the following booking sites:

Bilbao Hostel at Hostelworld Bilbao Hostel at Hostelworld Bilbao Hostel at Booking.com Bilbao Hostel at Booking.com Not listed at HostelsClub Not listed at HostelsClub

Website Bilbao Hostel Bilbao (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: 0034 944270054

Many problems however the hostel staff are very helpful and friendly.

I am spending 5 nights on this hostel and i'm having some problems. At the first night the bed was not made and the bed linens was clearly used. On the 2nd day the time breakfast was not respected and had to wait until 8:10 for this, i got delayed for a appointment. At the 3rd day there wasn't bread at breakfast and i asked for it and was denied to me and to some guests, but after 2 minute go was given to other guest group from a school. However the hostel staff were very helpful and friendly, and hostel conditions are good.

Paula

(Portugal)
2013-01-16

I would never advise it.

I found the hotel very sad!! It seems to stay like in a hospital!! Bathroom to share too sad. I would never advise it.

Elisa

(Italy)
2012-09-07

Nice, but the walk got old

It's not for those looking to socialize a great deal, but it's good at what it does. The walk to the metro got old -- the buses are infrequent -- but it's not that bad. But I certainly appreciated the cleanliness and good value. I stayed in 2005.

Matt

(Canada)
2009-03-19

I stayed twice (july 2003 and August 2006). Looks more like american motels than a YH (reception, lounge) except in dormitories. No possibility to cook your own meal. Far away from the city but a bus drives directly downtown. Matches more for people who look for a clean and convenient place than a warm atmosphere and a hostel to meet friends. Beautiful view all over the urban region.

polo

2007-03-03

Huge place that has little soul or vibe to it but does the job and you don't have much choice of anywhere else in the area. It's ultra clean and the rooms are comfortable (single beds with lockable cupboards (bring your own padlock), reading lights and a shared desk/chair. The free breakfast really isn't all that and if you arrive 1 second after 9am, the shutters are down and you've missed it. Would recommend venturing into town for all other meals, as the stuff they serve at lunch and dinner is an absolute rip-off for what it is. Certain members of the reception staff were unhelpful and inpolite to the point of rudeness, which meant I was happy to see the back of the place after 3 nights.

All in all I'd say do it and enjoy the quiet and space, but get out quick!

mj

2005-07-05

I went with a friend in January 2005. We did not reserve a double bedroom but we were given one nonetheless, which I thought was a very nice gesture from the receptionist. The hostel was very clean, had good facilities and the staff were very friendly. I have stayed in lots of hostels; this one was one of the best ones, although I must admit I was there during the low season (winter).

Christian

2005-03-17

I spent one night here and enjoyed it. The hostel is definitely hospital-esque in layout, though far cleaner then any UK hospital, that's for sure. There are people around in the evenings to meet, though the environment is not overly conducive to making new friends.

It's a good value, and the quality of the breakfast contributes to this, though breakfast doesn't open till 8 (neither does the laundry nor the computer room) so isn't great if you're trying to make an early train. The location is fine, provided you are happy with a 20-minute walk.

Pete

2004-12-01

I stayed there only one night, but wished I had stayed longer! The hostel was truly amazing! It was the cleanest place I went to during my trip. Breakfast was really good, with 4 choices of toasts, cereals, pastries, fruits, and yogurt. It's a quiet hostel, but is a little bit far from the city center. It was only 15,90 E for a 3-person room.

Marie

2004-08-29

How is Bilbao Hostel rated on booking websites?

Cleanliness

Atmosphere

Overall

Hostelworld (113 Reviews)

Hostels.com (3 Reviews)