Safed Inn, Safed

8.4

Safed Inn is listed at the following booking sites:

Booking.com

It is the only way to book Safed Inn

How is Safed Inn rated on booking websites?

Safed Inn Reviews

Safed Inn -- or the Ruckenstein B&B -- is an excellent hostel that is owned and operated by a couple that truly cares about your stay. Riki and Dov are two very nice and welcoming hosts. They will go the extra mile to make sure you enjoy your visit to Tzfat and Israel. It is a luxury hostel that has the comfort of a hotel with the community of a hostel.

Safed Inn is located a short local bus ride from the main intercity bus terminal. It is also around a thirty-minute walk to the artist colony and the old city of Tzfat. It is located in a rural area just outside the city, so there is plenty of space if you need to park your car.

The dorms have only two or three beds per room and feature an en suite shower and toilet. The beds are not bunk beds but individual single beds with comfy mattresses. Complimentary soap and towels are provided. You are given your own key, which gives you access to your room, your locker, and the small kitchen. The rooms are heated in the winter and have air conditioning in the summer for comfort.

There is a small kitchen that has free coffee and tea as well as purified water. The kitchen itself is basic but functional for cooking simple meals. The common area comes with a public TV and a few board games. There is Wi-Fi access throughout the common areas, outdoor seating areas, and rooms as well as one desktop computer that you can use if you need. There is a hot tub available but it comes at an extra cost. They have a wonderful little bar with fancy local liquors, local wines, and micro brewery beers from around the region. Riki is also a wonderful cook who prepares a fantastic breakfast for an additional charge.

One special touch at Safed Inn is that the owners fly the flag of each guest's country.

Summary

Safed Inn is a great place to relax and enjoy the magic that is Tzfat. Riki and Dov will go the extra step to make sure you have a wonderful visit and will make you want to come back again and again.

Fro
2014-10-10

The people make the difference

This cosy, nice place really was one of my most intense experience in Israel. I really recommend the Israeli breakfast, with lots of homemade specialties. The Safed Inn is also known as Ruckenstein B&B. It is also a great stay for exploring the northern parts of Israel, because Nazareth, Golan Heights, or even Akko aren't that far away. Thank you so much, Riki & Dov. Especially for all your advices regarding my trip. Riki, Meriam guided my safely back home. My girlfriend says thanks, too.

Philipp
2014-07-09
Age 33 | German

It's ok

The hostel staff is very nice, very charming (I was given a nice bracelet with fatima hand!). The owner makes herself the breakfast and is very invested in her job. The only problem is the location, far from the city which is very rough. its quite difficult to reach it without a car.

Steve
2013-05-28
Age 27 | French

Excellent place

Very quiet, clean and friendly. We had a nice room for two, with shower and WC, and a nice kitchen nearby. Very beautiful garden. The inn is out of town, so it's perfect for those traveling by car. We had no car, and had to use a bus, which takes, if I remember correctly, up to 30 min to wait for (depending on how lucky you are) and 5-10 min to travel to the touristic places in old Safed. The bus stop is right opposite the hostel. The host was very friendly. She provided us with a map of Safed and marked the most interesting places to visit that actually proved to be interesting. Recommended to everybody, especially if you travel by car.

Konstantin
2012-09-28
Russia

What a great Hostel!

The couple who are running the Safed Inn Hostel are the loveliest people I ever met. The rooms are very clean and look more like hotel rooms. The outer area is beautiful and decorated very nicely. I just spend a night there, but it is worth staying for a longer time!

Steffi
2012-08-12
German

Awesome

I had a wonderful time staying here. Breakfast -- Homemade breads and jams. Clean rooms, very hospitable hosts. Nice hot tub and sauna. And I had a sweet roommate that taught me to play ping pong.

Michael
2012-04-06
US

Remarkable

Better even we expected. We stayed June 17, 2009. Made Safed a highlight of our trip to Israel. For a reasonable price, we had a private suite that was airy and had a fine view. The jacuzzi and internet were easy to use. The owners are well worth knowing, and they recommended the ideal tour guide for Safed, its synagogues and culture and artisan shops. One recommendation is that for an evening trip up the mountain, have a good map to supplement the detailed instructions given by the inn.

Bobby and Rachel
2009-07-02
United States

Hospitality at its best

My girlfriend and I had a lovely stay in this family-led hostel. The two friendly hosts gave us a warm reception and were very helpful in providing us with the right information what to visit in the nearby area. The rooms were also very cozy. In addition, the garden was quite special with a jacuzzi, a sauna, and all sort of plants (giving you the opportunity to pick some leaves for making a nice lemon-like tea and/or eat some seasonal fruits). We had a great time and we can -- without any hesitation -- recommend it to others.

Dwight
2009-06-09
Dutch

Safed Inn Reviews from the Web

Secluded and restful place with comfortable beds and a visitor kitchen. It's a 35 minute walk up and downhill from the main part of the city, but there are buses if you time everything right. Very friendly staff.

michelletalal3421
2019-10-21

Welcoming and very hospitable. Highly recommend staying here. Our visit to Israel was greatly enhanced by evening chats with Riki and Doobie (?), the owners. They have a wealth of knowledge about the history of the Middle East and much much more. They were really interesting to talk to. We learned more from them than any guide book. They are v organised, efficient and have a great sense of humour too.

Richard
2017-08-27

Great place! The hosts are very friendly, the garden is beautiful and the beds are comfotable. I highly recommend this place.

Johannes
2016-09-27

The atmosphere is great, and the hosts are nice, friendly and helpful. Hostel has a great garden, accessible to all guests. Bathrooms are old and not that comfortable, but they have hot water and should be sufficient for the budget travellers. Bed was very comfortable. Very good value for the money, highly reccomend the place to other travellers.

Alicja
2016-08-28

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff were welcoming and kind, the place was clean, spacious, and very interesting. I look forward to a return visit!

MIchael
2016-04-19

Very kind and helpful hosts.

Lots of facilities.

Very nice garden.

Eberhard
2016-04-13

I stayed this past week and had tho most amazing time! We booked last minute and unfortunately the Inn had pipes burst. Owner Riki worked tirelessly to ensure we had a warm, hot-water filled place to stay. Her kindness and efforts were amazing. This was definitely the best place we stayed in Israel! I would definitely recommend the Safed Inn to anyone looking for a warm, beautiful place to stay and a wonderful host.

Bridget
2016-01-31

I had a ver nice time at Safed Inn. Is a very special place, with very nice energy, beautiful gardens and great hosts. Don´t forget to rent a car to be able to travel around the Golan Hights and the Galilee. :)

Laura
2015-11-11

The place was gorgeous, the ideal break from the chaos of Jerusalem and Tel Aviv: comfortable and clean rooms, a nice and tidy garden with a hammock a sauna and a Jacuzzi, and really good breakfast. A note of merit: both the hosts are incredibly relaxed, welcoming and warm people, easy to talk with and friendly, and they make you feel like guests in their home and not in a hotel.

Carlo
2015-08-27

The hostel is very paceful, the staff is very kind and they resolve all the doubts that you have of the sites near the hostel: Galilea Sea and Golan Heigths, and all the natural parks.

We spend two days in Safed Inn and we went out full of peace.

Thanks for all!

Javier

Javier
2015-08-24

Liked: The garden is beautiful and relaxed, and the atmosphere is nice and friendly. The hot tub and sauna are very nice features. Didn't like: The shower in dorm rooms is too small, it was a real challenge to use since I couldn't figure out where to put my legs! The furniture in the rooms is very old and needs some update.

2014-04-25

A pleasant and comfortable rooms are clean and tidy delicious breakfast

2013-04-20

The owners of the hostel were incredibly helpful and friendly and gave us lots of useful information about the area. The hostel is very well located (if you have a rental car) for exploring Northern Israel. The rooms were good value, clean and spacious. Well recommended.

2012-10-27

Rikkis hospitality is 2nd to none an excellent and warm hearted host

2012-08-24

fantastic, exceptional in every way, loved staying there, have hostelled for nearly 50 years and the Safed Inn is abslutely Exceptional

jacqueline
2012-05-11
England

- Awesome breakfast - Very helpfull and friendly staff- Only 2 beds per dorm with own shower and bathroom

2012-04-20

Liked: large room with sofa and fridge, use of kitchen Didn't like: very small shared kitchen

2012-03-03

Liked: It is easy to describe what I liked - everything. First of all the owners are helpful, friendly. The garden is beautiful, the facility very clean. Great idea to run only 2 bed/3 bed shared rooms - enough privacy and no need of paying for usualy very overpriced single rooms. The best value for money (no kidding I would have paid even more - the only facility I would say so in Israel - "it is dirty cheap" and you get 3 times more than what you pay for - can compare with other facilities and prices all over Izrael)Great base for exploring not only Safed, but also Galilee lake and Golan Hights. In summer it must be refreshing to stay out of the main heat. Didn't like: The only think I disliked - I could spent here only 3 nights (however I prolonged it for a night).

2012-01-01

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Safed Inn. The location was a perfect base for exploring the Galilee and Northern Israel. The place was clean, orderly and I appreciated the lovely garden area and kitchen facilities. There is also Internet access and a TV room. My room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. I liked being provided with towels and soap. I enjoyed my breakfast sitting out on the balcony outside my room. They also provide breakfast on site. The hosts were helpful and friendly and I got lots of valuable advice to use on my trip and recommendations in the area. I highly recommend spending time at the Safed Inn.

2011-12-09

Liked: Amazing amazing experience!!!They have a beautiful garden and facilities, and very helful and freindly staff. We had a nice room with perfect aircon, cold water in the fridge already, tea and coffee provided for, couch/TV and large bathroom ensuite which we hadn't even asked for.The best was we were given bathrobes and towelsl to use their sauna and hottub which are ready for use every night until 11 pm. We got a good wine and glasses at the bar had a wonderful night followed by an amazing large breakfast with self-made jam and omlette.Best stay in Galilee/Golan ever, highly recommended for honeymooners or a romantic getaway!!! Didn't like: Absolutely nothing to complain about!

2011-10-17

Only 1 or 2 bunk-beds and an additional single bed in a dormitory room. Each room has its own shower, toilet and sink. Linens, soap and towels are included. No walking through other rooms to get to your bed: your key-chain holds a room key, your personal locker key (no charge), and a key to guest kitchen and lobby. There is no curfew, come and go as you please, just please consider your fellow-travelers. Rooms are centrally heated in winter and air-conditioned in summer.

• 9 km north-west of Rosh-Pina bus station. 3 km from Safed central bus station(take bus no.3 or call us- if possible-we'll pick you up!!). If driving, give us a call and we will tell you how to get to us from anywhere in the country (with tips of what you can see/visit along the way).PLEASE CALL ON DAY OF ARRIVAL OR ONE DAY BEFORE ARRIVAL FOR DIRECTIONS!!!
• DRIVING INSTRUCTIONS TO THE SAFED INN -RUCKENSTEIN B&B
• Take route 90 north* to ROSH PINA. At the traffic light of Rosh Pina, make a LEFT turn and at the first round-a-bout make another LEFT turn. Make a RIGHT turn at the next round-a-bout which will put you on route 8900. Drive UP the mountain for about 9.3 Km. When you see a small shopping center on your RIGHT (it has a sign in English of a New Pharm and a petrol station) slow down and make a RIGHT turn just after the parking lot of the shopping center on HaGdud HaShlishi St. Drive up the hill for 1.5 Km (passing the veterinarian sign on your right and making the big left curve, passing the Villa Galilee on your right, passing the big hotel Canaan Spa on your right and curving with road to the right AFTER passing the Canaan Spa. The Safed Inn is on the left side of the road at the next junction.
• � Please note that if you are driving on route 90 north via Tiberias, follow the signs for Kiriat Shmona � Route 90 runs from the farthest north of Israel to the farthest south of Israel � it is ALL in Israeli territory � not in the west bank or the Palestinian Authority.
• If you are coming from the other direction (Haifa/Akko) then
• Go EAST on route 85 until it joins route 866, follow that to route 8900 (EIN ZETIM JUNCTION � the sign says ZEFAT NORTH and BIRIYA) it's a LEFT turn and then an immediate RIGHT turn. From that junction, drive for 5 minutes and make a LEFT turn at the sign saying
• BAT YA�AR and FORT BIRIYA (it's directly across from the main entrance to the town of Zefat). Go UP the hill and at the round-a-bout make a RIGHT turn. Drive up the hill and make another RIGHT turn and PARK!!! The Safed Inn is on the corner of
• MEROM CANAAN ST. and HAGDUD HASHLISHI ST.
• Our GPS co-ordinates are: LAT: 32.981026 LONG: 35.509461

Address: Corners Of Merom Canaan St. & Hagdud Hashlishi St., Safed, North District, Israel

Safed Inn is listed on the following booking sites:

Not listed at Hostelworld Booking.com Not listed at HostelsClub