Nadi Downtown Hotel & Backpackers, Nadi

6.5

Nadi Downtown Hotel & Backpackers is listed at the following booking sites:

It is the only way to book Nadi Downtown Hotel & Backpackers

How is Nadi Downtown Hotel & Backpackers rated on booking websites?

Nadi Downtown Hotel & Backpackers Reviews

Excellent, friendy staff. Very accommodating

I arrived far too early, due to the 5am landing from LAX to Nadi. I was greeted right away by the driver from the hotel, even though i was not looking for him at that moment. We waited a few minutes for additional passengers, and he was giving me a lot of information about the area before we took off for the hotel. Along the way he explained the difference between the 2 hotels managed by this company, so I, last minute, chose the downtown hotel / hostel, due to its proximity to services, such as banks, stores, and good food. Though i was early, they put me in a very nice top floor room while my booked room was being vacated. It is easy to meet and mingle with other travelers from around world here. The hotel staff can book travel to outlying islands at a discounted rate. Highly recommended. Everyone speaks good english, and helped me learn some Fijian and local Hindi words.

David Droit
2012-04-30

Cheap, but not worth it

Very noisy place. The staff who works at the bar and kitchen are really friendly and nice, but the staff who works at the reception/travel desk is not reliable, not professional at all!

Rodrigo
2011-09-01
Brazil

Good Price, Staff try hard to please

Good -- very good price for private room; hostel is very clean; location is great (downtown, a block away from markets, tons of shops, hindu temple); hot showers; very friendly staff who try hard to help; on time pickup at airport; free, simple breakfast (toast jam coffee tea juice); no mosquitos. Could have been better -- loud music from nearby nightclub the first night (staff moved us to quiet room for second night), air conditioner needs servicing. Overall, it's cheap, clean, and convenient, and has hot showers. I am pretty realistic in my expectations. That's pretty much all I need in a hostel. I would come back.

FijiTraveler
2009-10-10
NZ

Cheap, good, central, but unsecure

Stayed one night. It's central and cheap and ok for budget travelers. But they have stolen stuff out of our dorm. 150 $ from swedish guys and some money+MP3 Player. We exactly know, that it was the room maid, but the whole staff is involved and covers each other. We hated to be helpless like this, and all our pictures were on the MP3 Player. No way to get it back. You can stay there, but take everything with you!

Frank Wehner
2008-12-23
Germany

Friendly, clean, cool, comfortable

We had a great time staying here, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean, Beds were comfortable, and room was aircon. Free transfer from the airport was a good way to go. Close to restaurants and right in the heart of nadi maintown. For the price, this is an excellent place to stay.

Rachel
2008-10-24
Australia

Very friendly, clean, secure, offer great hospitalty

At the moment we live in Suva and every time we come to Nadi we enjoy turning up at the Backpackers. Dave welcomes us people very nicely and with any problems he seems to know a good solution. He also knows his town and can give appropriate recommendations about events taking place. So feel free to turn up here and enjoy what this town has to share.

Heidi Ellenberg
2008-10-23
German

Nice people, very good service, very central, they book everything

this hostel is very central. you can get everything from here. I arrived on the 23 sept. late in the evening and Dave and his staff have been very nice. With a Kava welcome drink and the best thing was that Dave booked everything for me. Instantly! Very fast and very good. He booked my whole trip. Mana Island, Bula Pass for the Yasawa islands, robinson crusoe island, day trip on the main island. he booked everything on my arrival and he said I should go to the islands next morning because of the good weather. So, I could do so much a possible because he booked everything for me so fast. Really good service! Everything was really good! They always picked me up from everywhere! And when it was already dark and I needed something, like going to the atm. they always showed me everything and walked with me. His advices are brilliant! I think it's better to come to this hostel instead to one at the beaches, because the beaches in nadi aren't so nice. When you arrive in this backpacker, they will book everything immediately, so that you can go to so many islands as possible! I really liked it!

Anna
2008-10-09
german

Friendly and helpful

I have found over the ten days that I have needed to stay here that If you are looking for an inexpensive and convenient place to enter or leave Fiji, Nadi DownTown Backpackers is the place to go. It is situated at the bottom end of DownTown Nadi and there is a courtesy bus from the airport. If arriving from in land it is only a short walk south of the bus stand. The staff are very friendly and at the front desk booking office can help arrange all your bookings for onward resort stays. And usually can offer a nice discount too. It's an ideal transit point and it's cheap, the friendly staff are a bonus.

Andy Clarkson
2008-09-30
UK

Nadi Downtown Hotel & Backpackers Reviews from the Web

Central location

2016-11-24

Liked: Perfect location. In the Nadi town center, near market and bus station. Didn't like: They need to update room rate in hostelbooker.We booked double room and paid deposit via hostelbooker. But the receptionist told us that the room we booked was dorm. We showed him our reservation email and he said it's different from their system. He asked us to stay dorm or pay more for double. We weren't happy because it's not our problem. Finally, we got our double room without extra money after the receptionist talking to someone.

2014-03-05

It has Hot Shower, very good!!

2013-07-19

Liked: Central location air conditioning.Close proximity to the local community and temple. A comfortable bed and helpful staff. Didn't like: nothing

2013-06-15

Liked: Ok so its a basic hostel, cheap with air con , clean and surprisingly nice rooms with ensuite. Its not the ritz but its perfect for stop overs. Only a couple mins walk for the supermarket and Hindu temple Didn't like: Lobby is a bit gloomy, staff are a bit gloomy too. breakfast is bread but its free. airport transfers are only sometimes, we had to get a taxi which they said they would pay for but only paid some of. The transfers back to airport leave at 7am or 2pm

2012-11-24

Liked: City Center (although I would not stay in the city again). Free towels and linen. Didn't like: No hot water, loud construction, free wifi was a fight, no real security, owner/staff were horrible/weird, sheets were pretty stained and/or dirty, pool table was out of order, drop off to the airport is only at 5am and 2 pm, etc, etc. Not a good stay.

2012-05-16

Liked: It was cheap Didn't like: The AC didn't work. Tried to fool extra money out of you. The tours organized by the hostel, was a great waste of time, and money, the guide didn't know ANYTHING about fiji. during our tour to the sleeping giant, mudpools etc. he should refill his truck, air his tires, pick up from the airport, and see some friend. Don't go here if you want more than very basic accomodation

2012-02-24

Liked: Air con Didn't like: Most things...4 cockroaches in the bathroom was the worst though

2011-10-21

Liked: airport pick up and drop off Didn't like: bed bugs, not working shower, very old equipment, everything seems so cheap

2011-09-07

Liked: cheap Didn't like: stayed in a dorm, lousy beds, not working hot water (though after complaining could have showers elsewhere), no lockable storage, bitten by bed bugs - found one in the morning in my bed

2011-08-27

Our hostel Office is located on a mian floor at main Street and Rooms are located at third Floor. We have Rooms with Private facilities, Shared facilities, Dorms with Private facilities, Double and Single Rooms with Air-Condition. WE have access to internet, Bar, tour desk for any reservation. Only short walk to all major facilities such as Bus terminal, Shooping, theaters, Internet Cafe, Travel Agents, Gifts Shops, Restaurents, Post Office, Banks, and markets. Swimming pool can be arranged. We also arrange day tours, Night Life entertainment and shuttle to main Resorts. Our Accommodation includes free breakfast as well as free transfers from Nadi International Airport. There is no restrictions to our travellers and would be served as they are our friends.
Dial 17 for Free Pick Up at the Airport upon your arrival.

• The hostel is located right in the center of Down Town, Nadi. Its
• 10 minutes drive from Nadi International Airport.
• We have free courtesy transfers from Nadi International Airport to the hostel upon the conformation of reservation. We are Located just right in the main street of Downtown Nadi.

Address: Main Street, Nadi Town, Nadi, Viti Levu, Fiji

Nadi Downtown Hotel & Backpackers is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Not listed at Booking.com Not listed at HostelsClub

Website Nadi Downtown Hotel & Backpackers Nadi (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: 679-6700600

Meeting/Banquet facilities

Nightclub

Videogames

Walking Tours

Size: Medium (30-60 beds)

Rate Nadi Downtown Hotel & Backpackers