HI - Finale Ligure - Vuillermin Castle Hostel

How is HI - Finale Ligure - Vuillermin Castle Hostel rated on other websites?
1   Wanker I traveled Europe in '97 -- A good while ago. When we arrived at dusk in our little banger the tosser of a manager would'nt allow us to leave the car in the yard -- there were very few people staying. He was the rudest most oboxious, unwelcoming prick I ever had the misfortune of meeting! Fairy tale!! more like a wooden fire hazardous version of Alcatraz. Let's hope it's changed.  , Australia ()
5   A visit and stay here in 1954 My friend Mary Lewis, a sculptor living in Oregon, U.S.A. bicycled through France and Italy in 1954 and stayed here. She loved it. Today is her 85th birthday and I was doing an interview with Mary for an article I am writing for The Columbia River Reader about Mary's life and upcoming joint show at The Rose Center for the Arts at Lower Columbia College, Longview, Washington. She has a post card she showed me of this wonderful place that she has many fond memories of. She said she even took the train from Rome back to Castello Vuillermin to do her laundry, a long trip just to do laundry. She told me she really loved the place.  , Washington State, U.S.A. ()
5   Great Place to stay, a lot of steps to the castle!! What a fun nite! I was traveling thru Europe alone and met a gal named Patti. It was so funny, we got in late and were laughing having a good time and the Madam got so mad at us! So funny, a great breakfast and met up some friends that we had met in Norway. Just watch those Fiat's cars coming around that corner by the stairs! If it was not for Patti pulling me out of the street I probably would not be here. This car was speeding two lane road VERY narrow, just like the James Bond Movies!!!! I do think you should stay here! Meet a lot of really nice traveler's. It's a castle.  , American, Noweigan San Diego Calif. USA ()
5   Feeling like a princess What a great hostel! Ok, the downside, there is no cooking facility, but the owner made up for that, what a wonderful guy! We bought a pack of pasta with the supermarket where you just add water and put it in the microwave, but the hostel has no microwave. The owner however helped out and used his own microwave and made us our dinner, so nice of him! speaks perfect english and loves a nice conversation. I wouldn't recommend this hostel when you are a backpacker, we went by car, quite difficult to find since there are no signs to help you out and most of the italians speak very little to no english, so good luck with finding the place. It's way up hill, very steep! no wonder you've got a breathtaking view. when you go by car, you can't park your car on the parking place with the hostel, you have to put it further up the hill and walk down to the hostel. The hostel itself is a castle! We got the room with the balcony, amazing view. Very quite hostel, if you're a party animal I wouldn't recommend this place. If you're looking for peace and quiet, here's the place! clean hot shower, no coins! Breakfast not included though and I believe not possible, since there is no kitchen, but take a loaf of bread and some jam with you!  , The Netherlands ()
5   Wow! After reading some information on the Vuillermin in our local paper in Melbourne, I had to experience it. I booked a family room near the top level. Some will argue that the three hundred or so steps is just too much trouble -- then take a short cab trip up! However, once you experience the view, it will definitely be worth it. It will stay in our memory forever.  , australia ()
1  Nice hostel BUT it's like a PRISON. Really, you must sleep in your room, the doors are open until 12 p.m. and there's no way go inside after this time! You can't stay here from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. When it's rainy weather it's really SH*T.  ()
5  I sort of fell out of the train at Finale because I was on my way to Portofino and really wanted to get away from the tourist hordes. Me being one of them, I understood what a menace they are. :-) Anyway, I found my way to the Castello and enjoyed what is probably one of the best parts of my backpacking trip. The town was great, the people very friendly, and the food awesome. For some great authentic Italian pizza just head down the steps to any of the restaurants on the beach. I wish I were still there.  ()
5  Unreal. This place holds some of the most incredible memories of my trip to Europe. Sleeping in a castle, drinking cheap wine, friendly guests and staff — it can't be beat. I slept outside on the terrace one night looking up into the stars. You HAVE to go here if you go to Italy.  ()