The Cabin in Maine

How is The Cabin in Maine rated on other websites?
5   Awesome! i have stayed with honey and bear on numerous occasions and have had a great time. they are great people and wonderful hosts. thank you earle and margie. i know we were a little loud that one night in march of 09 but will still love your place and we still love what your doing for the hiking folk in the region.  , usa massachusetts ()
5   Great place to stay in the Maine woods. This is a great hostel! But the directions are a little fuzzy -- the highway off of Rt. 2 is Highway 5-North -- be sure to note this as I got a little lost thinking from the descripton to take "Rt. 2" to the hostel. you really need to take 5 north off of Rt. 2 between Rumford and Bethel. The owners are a terrific couple who really go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who would like to stay in the Maine woods.  , USA ()
5   Fantastic place! Stopped in at The Cabin during my thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail in 2006. It's a great place -- awesome food and super friendly owners who really take an interest in their guests. Excellent facilities too.  , Australian ()
5  A very nice place indeed. It caters to through hikers and is really set up to help with transportation, rest, trail food, and temporary clothes as well as laundry set, nice bunks, clean sheets, and great meals. I am a through hiker, as in "I'm through hiking" (at 67, I don't have the stamina anymore, I go for hikes of a few miles only and mostly car camp in campgrounds). But I loved my visit to The Cabin and talking with real hikers of the AT staying there. Our host arranged for me to take a through hiker from Andover to Stratton to keep a time commitment to meet someone on time at Katahdin. Wonderful drive and nice talking to my passenger, who was skipping ahead on the trail but planning to come back and complete the AT later.  ()
5  The Cabin is great. The owners are two of the nicest people you'll ever meet, and they go out of their way to help hikers. The bunkhouse is very comfortable. This is one of about a half-dozen primo places on the AT (Appalachian Trail).  ()
5  This hostel kept us on the trail when we were ready to give it up. This is hiker heaven!  ()
5  I have visited the cabin many times. Always a pleasure!  ()
5  Wonderful hospitality and food.  ()