Formosa Backpackers Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Formosa Backpackers Hostel" at 206 Jian Guo Road.)

206 Jian Guo Road, Hualien, Eastern Taiwan, Taiwan
038-352515, 0913 810 828

How is Formosa Backpackers Hostel rated on other websites?

All good
A very good cheap hostel with clean facilities and helpful staff.
lachlan
Age 32, Australian
2014-01-08

Bedbugs
Would give it a five out of five. Eva at the front is very nice and funny. But they have bedbugs, I woke up with bites all over my body. It thought they were mosquito bites, but there were a lot of them and in a line, like bedbugs.
Aaron
Age 26, USA
2013-05-23

BedBugs!!!
At first I thought it was a great place ... until i woke up the first morning with bites all over my body due to bedbugs ... told the girl working there about it. she just bug sprayed the corner of the room. i think she has no idea about bedbugs and she didn't bother doing anything about it since I was the only customer there on the 2nd night.
(Canadian)
2011-10-15

Take a hotel in the train station area and avoid this hostel!
Definitely the worst hostel I've ever stayed in throughout all of my Asian travels. I booked a room online. When I got there, there was nobody to check me in. I even had to ask other hostel-guests to let me in and call one of the owners to come down and check me in. When one of the ladies arrived, she didn't know anything about my booking. After paying, she dropped me in a dorm which I obviously didn't book. When I told her this, she simply started laughing and took off. They make publicity about tours to Taroko Gorge, surfing courses, but the whole time I've spend there, there was absolutely nobody around to help you out with all of that. So, basically, all you can do there is have a very very cheap bed in a dorm and after collecting your money the management simply disappears. My advise: spend a tiny little bit more money on a hotel room near the station, where they immediately will offer you tours and anything else you need during your stay in Hualien. And don't set off to this hostel. It's simply not worth the effort! I'm very surprised they ever got a recommendation!
Belgian backpacker
(Belgium)
2011-07-26
  Noisy, dirty, but fun!
DB
(US)
2010-07-10

Cool! But in need of a good scrub.
The decor for this hostel was amazing and the owner is so nice. But, the bathroom couldn't have been cleaned in the last three weeks and the whole place is starting to look pretty worn around the edges.
SL
2009-05-17

Great
I had a great time at this Hostel.You can "sleep in" if you like, but better get up early for hiking in the national Park, scooter down the coast, or whatever. Thanks to our hostess for her "advices" where to go and and help for scooter hire. Highly recommended place to stay!
Sverre,backpacker from MV Doulos
(Norwegian)
2009-05-11

Excellent!
This is the best Hostel I have stayed in. The manager is great, the beds are nice and soft, and the atmosphere is relaxed. It was a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone. It truly was a home away from home.
Erick