Sama-Sama Guesthouse

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Sama-Sama Guesthouse" at 26, Jln. Tukang Besi (Blacksmith Street).)

26, Jln. Tukang Besi (Blacksmith Street), Malacca (Melaka), Malaysia
2.195817, 102.248502 (accuracy not guaranteed)
sama-sama-guesthouse.com
(+6) 012-305 1980

How is Sama-Sama Guesthouse rated on other websites?

Good hostel
I used to stay there a night 28 Aug 2009 -- that's great!
mandpm
(Thailand)
2009-09-16

Just like a heaven!
I stayed one night, 15th October 2008. It was the most wonderful night!
Sudamakan
(Japan)
2009-02-05

Lovely
I stayed in Sama for one night before i move to a place on the same street. My stay was nice, i love the courtyard garden very much. clean backpacker, and friendly and helpful staffs.
Roland
(Malaysia)
2009-01-30

Great!
A great hostel. Gabe and Soon run an excellent place. Great charm, friendly, well tended! I stayed there twice for about a month. Am now resting at Australia and cant wait to go back. Great place!
David Free
(Australia)
2009-01-17

Fabulous
I just came back from Melaka and i stayed at sama sama guesthouse for two days. The atmosphere is so nice. At the night time we can just sit at the front door and chat with Soon and his beloved wife. Soon is very friendly and the guesthouse location is just too great. It is near to almost every hotspot of Melaka. By the way, if you really like a peaceful and quiet place for you to relax, sama sama guesthouse will be your first choice.
Eddie Foo
(Malaysia)
2008-09-14

Unfriendly and arrogant
Booked a bed in a dorm via phone, the "lady" on the phone confirmed it. I arrived there two days later (at 3:30 p.m., so to a fair time) and they told me they have already given my bed to someone else. I cite: "We only have a single room vacant, take it or go somewhere else. We have enough people coming in every day, we don't need you." If that is their way to run a business, well. That is by the way the first time that this happened to me in a guest house (in ten months traveling).
Tim
(Germany)
2007-07-10
  went malacca for the weekend from Singapore. happened to pop into sama-sama. cool place filled with the reggae beat from Soon's turntable in the evening.
steven
2006-12-06
  Fab place, very atmospheric, and right in the heart of Chinatown and the night market. The place is certainly a little quirky but extremely chilled and laid back. I would advise taking a fair amount of mosquito repellent as all the water in the courtyard seems to attract the little blighters.
jamin78