Hostel Ljubicica

How is Hostel Ljubicica rated on other websites?
4   Best place to meet other travelers Don't expect anything fancy -- you will get a small room packed with dorm beds, small toilets, and shower with cold water most times. BUT it's soo worth it for the atmosphere, great location, and super friendly staff. Stay in the 14 or 6 bed dorm and you will make friends from life from the people hanging out there. In some weird way, everyone who stayed there for a night, ended up staying much longer. That's the aura of it.  ()
5   Very nice hostel! The staff was very, very nice and helpful. Also very understanding since I had to change my booking (hitch-hiking is always full of surprises). We could leave our baggage after we checked out and go sightseeing. The location is really good. I really liked the common area where you could sit and meet a lot of nice people. There are a few computers with Internet and there is wi-fi. There is also a common kitchen. Showers and toilets are ok, but there is no water between 24-5 (I think it's a common thing in Sarajevo though, not a hostel's fault). They provide a clean towel and bed sheets. My experience was really good and I don't understand why some people here complain ... the hostel is very cheap so obviously you cannot expect a 5 star hotel! For me the hostel has a nice atmosphere, is really satisfactory for the price you pay, nice, friendly and comfortable. Greetings to the staff!  , age 24, Poland ()
3   Great outdoor atmosphere Awesome patio area, perfect place to meet all of your bunk mates and have a good time. Also no one complained about noise, there was no lockout and no curfew.  , age 22, USA ()
1   No showers. Paper thin mattresses. Staff not reliable. Avoid. There was NO hot water. I couldn't take a shower after a 10 hour train ride. Had to go to sleep dirty, with greasy hair. The bunk beds are so cramped, you can't sit up if you are in the bottom bunk. Just crawling in is a major pain. Once you get in the bed, you will find a paper thin mattress which allows you to feel every bump and ridge in the bed frame. The pillow is huge and hard. If you try to put your head on it it bends your neck at an painful angle. No one is available to fix problems if they happen after reception is closed. There is no phone or internet in the building (they claim you get internet access in their literature, but once you get to the hostel you find no computers, and it says on the wall you can go to their restaurant and pay at a "discount" for internet. Which does not agree with what their brochures say. No one to call if there is a problem. When I told them about all this the next day, I expected at least a discount. But they had my passport and would not give it back until I paid in full, 23 KM. When you check in, they demand to keep either your passport or a 20 Euro "key deposit", which of course they won't return to you unless you pay for the bed in full no matter how bad it was. The chain smoking woman behind the desk tried to pretend it was my fault there was no hot water, and tried to pretend the reception office was open last night, when it wasn't. When I first arrived a male staff member was very nice to me and helped me a lot, but he wasn't there the next morning. Niceness of one person can't make up for the poor quality of this hostel. There is no excuse for unusable showers and rotten beds. It may be close to the old quarter, and the staff were friendly enough at first, but this place severely overcharges for what you get. 23 KM (about $16) doesn't sound expensive by Western European or American standards, but in Sarajevo you can get a nice private room in a house for much less than 23 KM. Avoid this place.  , USA ()
5   This is just great! 16 beds. 1 bathroom. cold water. AWESOME! at least i think so! if you are going on vacation to have all the comforts in the world, forget it and go somewhere else. If you are looking for a great conversation, great rakija and sweet fruits from the garden climb Barice. On the top of the mountain sits a little coffe bar and Edo, its owner.  , Poland/US ()
4   Good location The hostel arranges private rooms in private apartments. The room in which I stayed was very good, bright, and big. Our host was very helpful. The agency staff is very useful with a lot of information. In the price is included a good breakfast.  , Italy ()
1   Horror this is the most horrible place where I was. this is some old house on the hill with two dogs in front of it. old person on reception desk is a cheater, beware, she took too much money from you. I needed to pay 17 euros, she took 20 without any reason, never again.  , croatian ()
1   Great staff, potentially horrible room conditions the staff if very friendly and helpful. However, they will farm you out to a private home (fifteen minutes' walk from hostel), which was nice my first time in sarajevo. the second time i was passing through, i was sent to what looked like a private home, a solid ten-minute walk from the hostel where there were two rooms, each having ten cramped beds in two tiny rooms. There was one shower and one toilet for twenty people. the condition of the bathroom was not good. beds were horrible, got no sleep. i feel bad writing this, because the staff is so helpful. they'll give you a free pickup from the train station and lots of info. they need to do something about those two rooms however.  , american ()
Hostel Ljubicica Reviews from the Web