Makako Chill Out Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Makako Chill Out Hostel" at Calle Quero # 9 54.)

Calle Quero # 9 54, Cartagena (Cartagena de Indias), Colombia
10.426259, -75.546670 (accuracy not guaranteed)
+57 5 6606231

How is Makako Chill Out Hostel rated on other websites?

Clean, good location
I stayed here for my first 4 nights upon entering Colombia. It was easy enough to find and the location is great for exploring the "Centro Historico." The Exito grocery store nearby was very handy for grabbing snacks and liquor. I found the beds were made up daily with fresh linens, and the bathrooms were always clean. The common area was nice for relaxing and the kitchen was usually open for making a meal or grabbing a nice strong cup of free coffee. I only wish the main dorm had a rotating fan to supplement the AirCon -- otherwise no complaints. The staff were friendly and very helpful!! Don't forget to make sure you learn Spanish before you venture into Colombia!
Ross
Age 35, United States
2015-10-01

Outstanding
From the moment we rang the bell we felt welcomed but, it wasn't until our plans changed unexpectedly that we felt the hospitality. We booked one night and the next two were to be spent sleeping under the stars at Playa Blanca. However, one in our party became ill the first night on the beach and forced us to return to Cartagena. Now even though they were booked solid they found a spot for us. The location is excellent, from there to the airport was 8,000COP and takes about 15mins. The hospitality we received from Sarah was world-class, after many long walks around the hot city she was always there with a smile and a cool drink in hand.
Jai
Age 31, USA
2013-05-15

Relaxing stay
For being a hostel, I really enjoyed my stay. The ambiance was great and the staff was fantastic. Sarah, one of the hosts, was always there with a smile and willing to help us out. The whole scene there was relaxed and provided the necessary accommodations. There was a kitchen, TV, wifi, AC at night, three bathrooms to share with the rest of the house. Kind of the trickiest part but worked out. I like to call it an hipster's abode with hammocks.
Katheryn