Chameleon Backpackers & Guesthouse

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Chameleon Backpackers & Guesthouse" at 5-7 Voight Street.)

5-7 Voight Street, Windhoek, Namibia
-22.574152, 17.081509 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.chameleonbackpackers.com
+264 (0) 61 24 4347
+264 (0) 61 220885

How is Chameleon Backpackers & Guesthouse rated on other websites?

Watch your stuff
I stayed there for 3 nights in July 2011. The rooms were small, dark and cold. The girl who sold mobile minutes was rude, and someone went into the room while I was gone and stole my credit card information. $300 was charged and $7000 (yes, US dollars) was charged to my roommate's card. Watch your stuff when you're there. Good luck.
Urs
(Poland)
2011-12-01
  After a 20-hour journey from hell, we arrived at 5 a.m. What a nice surprise to be so warmly welcomed. There were no beds available but the lovely lady just let us in and let us chill on the couches. She threw a video on and we fell asleep — for three guys fresh out of the tropics it was like going home to see mum!! Everything about this hostel was excellent.
Johnny Boy
2005-03-30
  This place has a very good, friendly atmosphere. The staff greet the guests, and are helpful. But the problem I observed is how the staff are paid. They work very hard but are poorly paid. I think something must be done.
2004-11-08
  This is a great place to hire a car for cheap. This hostel has super friendly and helpful hosts, and they have a couple of "meerkats," which are really cool ground hog-type animals. Thanks again.
R-man
2004-11-06
  Brilliant place, I liked the tropical haven atmosphere. Even though the place always seemed to be full of people of all ages, I could always find quiet places when necessary. Being in the city centre made it easy to get supplies or go out. Funky bar and pool area, but I would advise to book ahead as the place seems extremely popular.
Rea Astro