Shoestrings Airport Lodge

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Shoestrings Airport Lodge" at 62 Anson Street.)

62 Anson Street, Rhodesfield, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
-26.249530, 28.008280 (accuracy not guaranteed)
(011) 975 0474 (plus cell 082 262 9299)
+27 11 975 0474

How is Shoestrings Airport Lodge rated on other websites?

Great Host Kind people
My dad stayed there with my brother on a stopover to India. Rob was an amazing and kind host ... he drove them to kempton park as well as drove us to the airport. I recommend it to anyone who wants to experience SA. location is convenient -- it is on the gautrain bus route. the hospitality is true ubuntu -- you will not find a better host or place. Thanks Rob, it was awesome.
Stah
Age 30, SAcan
2015-03-08

I enjoyed my stay very much at Shoestrings
I really enjoyed my stay. The staff are friendly. I felt as if I became one of their family members. Also there is a cute little girl welcoming us. It seems that friendly travelers gather there, too. The room charge is affordable and drinks are cheap. the rooms, the kitchen, and the toilets are very clean. Incredible! I am sure I will return, even it is far from Japan.
Shiroh Arai
(Japan)
2008-08-16
Shoestrings Airport Lodge has a great family feel about it. Situated right next to the airport, the hostel is more of a home than anything. Rob owns and runs the establishment and is always willing to chat and advise on where to go in Johannesburg. Free pick up or drop off from the airport is also a great advantage. The rooms are very tidy and quite spacious, although you can find cheaper. Whether they are dorms or doubles they are cleaned daily as are the shower areas and bathrooms. Free tea, coffee, and a breakfast (brilliant for early morning flights) are very appreciated and there is always service with a smile. The self-catering kitchen is roomy and there is a well stocked extras cupboard. The internet is reliable and reasonably priced for South Africa. A sizeable pool lies in the well-maintained garden and in the evening, the cold beers from the fridge and pool table are open to all guests. Johannesburg has a bad reputation but here at Shoestrings you are in a safe neighbourhood in the suburbs and although night-time strolls are still not advisable, the daylight hours are perfectly safe. It is a quiet little hostel that is well run and managed by friendly people and is perfectly situated for the airport and a night's stop over either as your last or first day in South Africa.
christopher elliott
(England)
2005-11-23
  The accommodation is shaby and the toilets are in poor condition. The owners are friendly and helpful but need to do more work on the hostel and quality of food.
2003-12-17