Youth Hostel Oia

How is Youth Hostel Oia rated on other websites?
Youth Hostel Oia Reviews from the Web
4   Great View Very nice Hostel. Good breakfast. Nice view to enjoy the sunset.  , age 24, Brazil ()
5   Wonderful Hostel One of the best hostels I ever stayed in and by far the best located hostel in Santorini. The dorms are huge, very clean and the staff friendly and helpful. The common areas are beautifully designed and there is an unbeatable sunset view from the roof patio. WiFi works in the whole area. Good variety of cheap drinks (I had the best Sangria on my whole trip through Europe) and snacks. Don't miss the boat-tour to the Volcano which you get for a special rate. Highly recommended -- for sure the best hostel in whole Greece. I will be back for sure!  , age 25, Germany ()
2   Great location, but poor services Very large dorms (12 beds) which was OK because they were only half full. No lockers, which is amazing -- does it cost so much to install lockers in a dorm??? Or do people/guests in Santorini never, ever steal anything? The showers were the worst I've ever seen in a youth hostel. Not that they were not dirty, but you actually spent 10mn trying to get some hot water and you finally had to make do with a stupid little trickle of water ... Installation was probably 30 years old. Again, how much does it cost to install 3 proper showers instead of these ageless things??? All in all, for 16€/night I felt much poorer than in other Greek islands for 10€/night. But that's Santorini ...
Response from the accommodation: We are sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay in our hostel. Regarding the security we want to mention that there are free security lockers in our Lobby with buildt-in power sockets for valuables (for charging phones, cameras, laptops etc.) as well as a 24 hours security video-surveillance system. We can assure you that sice we run our hostel, never anything has been stolen. Unfortunately it seems that you didn't understnand our instruction how to use the hot water. Otherwise it would have worked well. However, we do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future in order to alter your opinion as we really don't want our guests feelinging "poor" in our hostel....  ()
5   Remember this place after almost 20 years I stayed at this place two summers in a row back in the early 90s and still can't get the stunning beauty and warm hospitality of the family who ran it out of my head. Having traveled the world and stayed in many a luxurious and picturesque place, I would choose this hostel as my favorite place of all time. The rooftop breakfast and sunsets on Oia are magical, and obviously memorable. I will bring my husband and children back here someday, soon!  , USA ()
5   Excellent!!!! this hostel opened late this year, june 20, which was the day i happened to arrive. this hostel would be incredible in full swing! fantastic rooftop terrace -- awesome view with breezy patio where you can watch the sunset. nice for breakfast to be provided upstairs, the guy running the place was really nice and helpful. i absolutely loved my stay on this island, and the hostel was excellent!!  , United States ()
4   Enjoyed time here Great hostel that was really cheap and really clean. It's not modern and could do with a couple of things that you become accustomed to in hostels like lockers, soap in the bathroom to wash your hands. But all in all it's a great place to stay Was good to stay in Oia as the sunsets are magnificent. The price also includes breakfast which is three slices of really fresh bread and a piece of cake. Simple but i liked it. At least it was fresh. The staff are quite nice and relaxed and friendly. It's a quiet relaxing place where you will meet good people. The bar is good, not cheap but not a rip off, where you can get drinks and limited food and watch the partially obscured sunset. I would recommend walking the very short distance to the end of Oia to watch the sunset in full view, you will never forget it! The buses here are confusing and sometimes run very late or not at all so leave extra time to get to ferries.  , Australia ()
5   Just loved it The hostel is a wonderful place to stay at. The atmosphere is open and friendly; the location is beautiful, quiet, and central; and you get very good value for your money. A place worth staying and having a great time. Highly recommended!  , Germany ()
5  Great hostel! Great atmosphere, good breakfast, good washing facilities, good beds in quiet dorms, and relaxing atmosphere! The best I've ever done in my life so far!  ()