Amsterdam Centre

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Amsterdam Centre" at Leidskruisstraat 13 2hg.)

Leidskruisstraat 13 2hg, Centrum, Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
amsterdamhostelcentre.com/
+31 (0)20-3204600
+31 (0)20-6200568

How is Amsterdam Centre rated on other websites?

Good stay
The place was clean, which is my number one concern, and I felt safe. The 5 bed mixed room I stayed in was very small, however, and the bunk beds were very short -- the person on the bottom could not even sit up straight. The wifi in the common area was good and the reception people were very nice and helpful. It was a little cold and the stairs were a little narrow. But the location was good and I had no complaints otherwise.
Anusha
Age 19
2013-03-30

Worst Hostel in the World!
DO NOT STAY HERE!!! This is without a doubt the worst hostel I have ever stayed at. I have stayed in hundreds of hostels and never felt so strongly about one that I wanted to write a review before, but I cannot let this disgrace of a hostel go unnoticed. The main reason we chose the hostel was because it had a modern website, but it turned out that this was full of pure lies. The whole place was dingy, dirty, and cramped, the 'en-suite' in the rooms was actually a sink, no shower or toilet, in fact there was only one shower and toilet to share between 18 people. The 'breakfast' consisted of two pieces of cold toast, grilled on one side only, some spreads and some horrible instant coffee, that was it. The 'kitchen' was completely non-existent, the balcony was a two square foot piece of wasteland, and the dorm stank so much that we couldn't stay in there more than a few seconds. The security measures involved a password of 1234 which was never ever changed, there was one computer to use between all the guests, and the place was run by a bunch of incompetent morons with not the first clue about how to run a hostel. When we tried to book a bed for our friend who was arriving later that day, we were told that was fine, only to find that when he turned up all the beds had been booked up and he had to stay in another building owned by the hostel! When he went to this other building, all the beds were taken there too, and when we went back to the 'management' we were told to come back in the early hours and everything would be fine! Lo and behold, when we came back the staff member knew nothing about it, and after much argument we were finally given a bed in the other building. Needless to say, we checked out the following day and moved to a proper hostel.
Adam