Jaeger's Munich (Hotel/Hostel)

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Jaeger's Munich (Hotel/Hostel)" at Senefelderstrasse 3.)

Senefelderstrasse 3, Munich, Bavaria, Germany
www.jaegershostel.de
+49 (89) 55 52 81
+49 (89) 59 25 98

How is Jaeger's Munich (Hotel/Hostel) rated on other websites?

n/a

Hostal for young people, only.
If you are over 30 y.o. , don't book to this hotel. I had my reservation done two months before and I filled up all the information they asked me for. However, they waited me to arrive there to tell me I didn't fit on their rooms because I was over 30 y.o. Thanks a lot, Jaeger's for letting me on the street in my first night in Munich.
Age 41, Brazilian
2016-03-08

Wouldn't Recommend It
Unless you're a group of college kids wanting to drink in your hostel bar all night, I wouldn't recommend it. Students visiting Munich looking to party are way better off booking a different hostel and going out to the bars to experience the nightlife of the city. Accommodations are a bare minimum. The rooms get very stuffy and hot at night with 40 people and 1 window. I guess you're getting what you pay for at less than €20/night but even so, I don't think it's worth saving that extra couple bucks. Only plus was a friendly staff.
Chris
Age 20
2015-05-23

Ok Hostel, terrible business practices
My friends and I booked 3 beds for a few nights here. Good beds, felt safe. Staff was very nice, cool bar. Terrible policies. They have this deal where if you'd like a towel/lock (for the lockers), you pay a hefty deposit under the idea that you get most of it back when you bring it back. However, their "policy" is that if you don't have a receipt, even if you have the items, you still receive no money back. So after talking with the man on the front desk and receiving no help, I have a 20 euro thin towel and lock with "Jaeger's Hostel" marked on them. Seems like a pretty underhanded way to get some extra money. This is a business practice that wouldn't be tolerated in the states.
Brian
Age 30, USA
2014-09-15

Nice Hostel, Comfortable Stay
My friends and I filled a 6 person room and we all enjoyed our stay. The facilities in the room were nice and service usually good. I would recommend this hostel.
Justin
Age 19, American
2014-06-12

Wonderful hostel!
Jaegers hostel was one of the best I've stayed at. The location is literally amazing, it's less than a three minute walk to the main train station. The staff are so helpful and so welcoming. The bar was really lively and a great way to meet fellow travelers. The only bad part about the hostel was there was no wifi in the rooms, other than that it was great!
Kendra
Age 20, Canada
2014-06-04

Pretty eh
The 40 man was a sick joke, make sure to be absolutely wasted if you plan to sleep there. Also bring your own hand soap. And it's 1 euro to use the Internet for twenty minutes which I wish they had told me beforehand.
Jay Krosen
Age 20, USA
2014-04-13

Not great, not horrible. Ok compared to other Munich hostels.
Jaeger's is an ok place but nothing really recommendable. As absolutely NO hostels in Munich qualify as a good hostel (in my eyes), I guess this place also (barely) passes as recommendable. Positives -- decent pricing, good security, 24 reception, free wifi (only in lobby though and quite slow), good showers, good location, clean. Negatives -- rather smallish dorms, very squeaky metal beds that constantly bump into the very squeaky metal lockers, no wifi in other places than the lobby and it's slow, not a great atmosphere, no kitchen.
Anna
Age 28, Germany
2014-01-11

Full of tour bus kids
Not bad. Good atmosphere at the bar. Wifi was very slow and not in the rooms as they claim. Good lockers out back. Full of kids from the tour buses and groups.
Tyler
2013-09-28

Rate Jaeger's Munich (Hotel/Hostel)