Hillview Barcelona

Edelweiss Youth Hostel is the new cosmopolitan, confortable and cozy youth hostel opened June'06 in Barcelona.

Is located in the neighborhood of Horta Guinardó, one of Barcelona's most beatiful areas. The majority of the city's prime tourist destinations are within easy reach.

Edelweiss Youth Hostel is a perfectly equipped youth hostel, that offers a variety of services including access for disabled people.

EYH has capacity for 99 people, we have 16 rooms and 4 has great views of Barcelona. Rooms can hold between 2 to 10 people.
Every bunk bed has an independent space and has a security locker.

FACILITIES
Ethese are services EYH offers to the guests:
Low prices
Great views of Barcelona
Brand new facilities
Adapted facilities for disabled people
Lift
Bathrooms in each floor
Heating in every room
Lockers
Towel and sheet rental
Laundry and dryer
Totally equiped kitchen: fridge, microwave, oven, stove with ceramic burners and all necessary kitchenware
24 hour free internet access and wireless
Reception : 7.30 a.m to 20.00 p.m
Vending machines
Barcelona's tourist information
Curfew. from 2.30 a.m to 6.00 a.m
How is Hillview Barcelona rated on other websites?
1   Awful Staff, Accommodations, and Location The only positive part of my experience at this hostel was the bond I formed with other people staying there through complaining about the hostel. To be fair, nothing truly abhorrent happened during my stay, but at every opportunity for the hostel to leave a positive impression on me, they failed, and often left quite the opposite. I'll give a few examples. When I first arrived at the hostel (which is not easy to do. It's at the top of a big hill, and a decent walk from any Metro station) the man at the desk did not seem to notice I was there. After I asked him if I could check in, he told me "not now" and told me to wait in a side room for five minutes. A bit confused, I asked him "why?" His answer of "Because I'm doing something" definitely rubbed me the wrong way. To make matters worse, while I waited for him to finish doing whatever he was doing, a family arrived at the hostel, and he spent the next 15 minutes checking them in, and then helping them to order pizza and kebab from a restaurant nearby, actually telling me to wait until he was finished when I tried to remind him that I was still waiting. The next day, I was sitting in the dining room next to an outlet, charging my phone, and someone locked me in the room. When I knocked on the door loudly, hoping to make sure someone heard me and let me out, the guy who opened the door chastised me for banging on the door instead of apologizing for locking me in the room. The terrace is small but has a decent view, and would be a lovely place to have beers and hang out, but they close it at 11pm, right around the time you're typically finishing dinner in Spain. I paid for an 8-bed room, and all the rooms had 10 beds, while also only having six lockers for people's things. I'm glad nothing was stolen because my first night there, I didn't have a locker, and they don't lock the front door or the doors to any rooms. There are no keys. They advertise free towels, but make you pay 2 Euro when you ask for one. I've been traveling around Europe all Summer, mostly staying in hostels, and this is the first time I've felt compelled to leave a review, negative or positive, for any of them. This place seems like it underwent changes recently for the worse, and that it may have been a decent place to stay before. Several rooms, including what looked like it used to be a kitchen for guests had signs saying "staff only" on them, and the overall attitude from this group of assholes is that every paying customer is a nuisance they have to deal with. Do not stay here.  , age 27, USA ()
5   Best hostel I've stayed so far Very good facilities with super friendly staff, location is also very good, close to metro. I arrived early in the morning and the staff even offered me free breakfast, and they also helped to call ticket office for my booking. will stay there again in my next visit and recommend it!  ()
Hillview Barcelona Reviews from the Web