Hillview Barcelona

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Hillview Barcelona" at Calle Aguilar, 54.)

Calle Aguilar, 54, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
www.edelweissyouthhostel.com
0034 933 575 280
0034 93 420 37 45

How is Hillview Barcelona rated on other websites?

Awful Staff, Accommodations, and Location
The only positive part of my experience at this hostel was the bond I formed with other people staying there through complaining about the hostel. To be fair, nothing truly abhorrent happened during my stay, but at every opportunity for the hostel to leave a positive impression on me, they failed, and often left quite the opposite. I'll give a few examples. When I first arrived at the hostel (which is not easy to do. It's at the top of a big hill, and a decent walk from any Metro station) the man at the desk did not seem to notice I was there. After I asked him if I could check in, he told me "not now" and told me to wait in a side room for five minutes. A bit confused, I asked him "why?" His answer of "Because I'm doing something" definitely rubbed me the wrong way. To make matters worse, while I waited for him to finish doing whatever he was doing, a family arrived at the hostel, and he spent the next 15 minutes checking them in, and then helping them to order pizza and kebab from a restaurant nearby, actually telling me to wait until he was finished when I tried to remind him that I was still waiting. The next day, I was sitting in the dining room next to an outlet, charging my phone, and someone locked me in the room. When I knocked on the door loudly, hoping to make sure someone heard me and let me out, the guy who opened the door chastised me for banging on the door instead of apologizing for locking me in the room. The terrace is small but has a decent view, and would be a lovely place to have beers and hang out, but they close it at 11pm, right around the time you're typically finishing dinner in Spain. I paid for an 8-bed room, and all the rooms had 10 beds, while also only having six lockers for people's things. I'm glad nothing was stolen because my first night there, I didn't have a locker, and they don't lock the front door or the doors to any rooms. There are no keys. They advertise free towels, but make you pay 2 Euro when you ask for one. I've been traveling around Europe all Summer, mostly staying in hostels, and this is the first time I've felt compelled to leave a review, negative or positive, for any of them. This place seems like it underwent changes recently for the worse, and that it may have been a decent place to stay before. Several rooms, including what looked like it used to be a kitchen for guests had signs saying "staff only" on them, and the overall attitude from this group of assholes is that every paying customer is a nuisance they have to deal with. Do not stay here.
Ben
Age 27, USA
2015-08-21

Best hostel I've stayed so far
Very good facilities with super friendly staff, location is also very good, close to metro. I arrived early in the morning and the staff even offered me free breakfast, and they also helped to call ticket office for my booking. will stay there again in my next visit and recommend it!
2010-12-29