Orient Express Hostel Sofia

How is Orient Express Hostel Sofia rated on other websites?
Gomio
Orient Express Hostel Sofia Reviews from the Web
1   Nightmare I booked a single room -- instead I moved to a three-bed room no Problem but, nearly the living room of the housewife -- loud TV, where she was watching at the sofa for hours. lousy doors -- glass and wood, you can see what's going on in front of your room. childish drunken under twenty years age backpackers sitting in front of your room door, smoking, and searching for company. A nightmare because there is no Privacy. I did not want to touch the breakfast (sitting around a small table accompanied by the all the other guests getting some jam and coffee), it's not the room I expected paying 25 euros I would not like to do it again.  , Australia ()
1   Centrally located but bad vibe indeed the hostel is centrally located and close to the main sightseeing places, pubs, and clubs, but the staff are rude (i saw many disrespectful answers from the owner to other guests, including myself); the hostel is small and cramped; the beds old; the breakfast is truly all you can eat, but i only recommend if you really will spend most of the day outside. I had to move to a different bed to give "privacy" to some guests. Also some paranoia in the air, the owner always warning about valuables and watching your steps closely.  , usa ()
3   Great location -- staff and facilities have rough edges Truly is located in the center, but up many flights of stairs (fifth floor). Also, being next to and above Bar Bukowski is not a plus. Pounding bass twenty-four/seven and smoke apparently from the bar leaks from the chimney in the dormitory room. Only one staff member actually speaks English, making it difficult to make phone contact. If I didn't speak Russian (allowing me to communicate some with the older staff members), I would have had a lot of problems. Don't expect pickup or help getting from Sheraton as stated on website. A lot of rough edges here.  , USA ()
3  The hostel is quite clean and centrally located. But watch out if you're looking for a room with a double-bed. We (a couple) booked a Private Double room in the Orient Express Hostel. On arrival, the owner showed us a room with two separate beds. We were not very satisfied with the room, so the owner offered us a Triple Room with a double-bed inside for an extra charge of 10 €. The last night (out of three), we had to move back to the room with the separate beds, without getting a discount. In addition, the doors to the private rooms are crap. When people are talking in the common room in the evening or at breakfast, it's hard to get back to sleep. We paid 100 € for three nights, so for Bulgaria, were dinner with drinks for two people costs about 10 to 12 €, we think the hostel is not very cheap.  , Germany ()
5  This hostel is totally New in the downtown center, a perfect place, one of the best hostels I visited in Eastern Europe. The breakfast was made by the host. The price is average, and the rooms are new. The host is really kind, so I can recommend it. The hostel location is one of the best you can get in Sofia. The hostel is very clean, with spacious rooms.You could say even better from most hotels in town. The staff were very friendly, helping me with information and maps of the city and all Bulgaria. You can choose your breakfast, just ask them for your favorite.  ()