Avalon Beach Backpackers Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Avalon Beach Backpackers Hostel" at 59 Avalon Parade.)

59 Avalon Parade, Avalon Beach, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
-33.635840, 151.327225
+61 (2) 9918-9709
+61 (2) 9973-1322

How is Avalon Beach Backpackers Hostel rated on other websites?

I stayed in the Hostel during 1992/93. The place was clean but the best thing about it was the atmosphere. Great bunch of people including staff. Ideal for backpackers who are looking for work. I used to do some work and then go off traveling. When I returned the same backpackers were still there, don't get that in many Hostels! I have many fond memories of Avalon Beach Hostel.
Age 46, England
Home away from home, baby!!
Arrived to A.B. Hostel (I think) around 1993 or 1994. I was young and impressionable. Met loads of new awesome people. Man, I miss those times and all the people. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that it was the best hostel to find work in all of Oz! Found full time work in two weeks!
Matt Townsend
(Canadian... ROCKS @ HOCKEY)
  well i got there in sept '97 and within two days i knew everyone. stayed on and off for the next three years (doing visa runs) even got engaged there. met loads of dodgy boys who i still keep in contact with. avalon is a dream place -- amazing waves, good pies, hot chicks, and loads of work.
(United Kingdom)
  I was in the Hostel in 2000 and I had the time of my life, despite the dirty showers and toilets. I have met amazing people that I am still in touch with and I really miss Avalon. It is perfect, it is the place to be!
  Nice hostel, shame that a horrible murder took place here a couple of years ago.
Alex Brown
  I stayed in this hostel in Aug 04 - Nov 04 -- met loads of really cool people and got very drunk on boxes of wine. True to say the toliets and showers have little to be desired and the kitchen is rank, but the whole atmosphere of the place is pretty cool. Although I have not been back since the murder in Dec 04 and dont think I would like to.
  most discusting place i ever stayed in.... people are nice, but not very clean
  In 1991 I spent some of the best months of my life there. I met fantastic people from all over the world and had a lot of fun. I worked at the local bakery and spent my money in the RSL. This place is really recommendable. You feel like you are in a big international family. Of course it is no palace, but if you're young, you don't care. Regards to Christine, Eddie, Jonathan, and Julian.

Rate Avalon Beach Backpackers Hostel