City BackPackers Hostel Stockholm

How is City BackPackers Hostel Stockholm rated on other websites?
3   Nothing special, some annoying features Likes -- excellent location, friendly staff, good common areas, fairly quiet rooms. Dislikes -- WiFi only works in the common areas, you have to leave your shoes at the door, confusing floor layout, no elevator, so-so day lockers, some bathrooms are old-fashioned and cramped and have leaky pipes, they give you flimsy bits of paper instead of key cards, the stove's burners have little buttons on its surface instead of knobs, and they gave me the wrong price for tickets to the airport, which forced me to change more money at the train station. Each of those issues alone is no big deal, but altogether they are frustrating. I wouldn't stay here again.  , age 27, Canada ()
5  I stayed 2 nights here, and it is hands down the cleanest hostel I've ever seen. I've not encountered nicer staff, and they do NOT ignore guests. I talked to at LEAST 6-7 workers multiple times and they were nothing but friendly and went well out of their way to answer questions and help me. I didn't have a way to charge my tablet because I had no adapter -- they loaned me one free of charge. The bathrooms are VERY clean, like perfectionist clean. There are so many bathrooms and showers, I couldn't begin to count them all. There are no freaking bedbugs. Free wifi and computer use, free pasta, plenty of fridges for every dorm, TONS of places to sit and lounge, the guests ACTUALLY SOCIALIZE and mingle instead of being glued to their device. Back in the USA, you can pay several times the price of this for the most awful experience ever. If you come here. Go stay a night. It's an amazing hostel. I would recommend to anyone.  , age 29, USA ()
3   Typical The rooms were clean and the hostel was very close to where we needed to be. But the staff was often rude and seemed to ignore the guests often.  , Canada ()
5   Great hostel! It's one of those travelers' paradises. A lot of open spaces to hang out and meet other travelers and a large kitchen for communal dinner. The location is great! About a 10 minute walk from CENTRALEN (the central metro, bus and train terminal) and where the airport shuttles drop you off. (But it took me a while to find initially because of construction.) The hostel itself is also quite central -- about 15 minutes walk to Galma Stad through the main shopping streets. The beds were soft and comfy (I slept better than at home), and the rooms (at least mine) are always dark and have constant AC blowing (white noise = paradise to the light sleeper like myself). I wasn't so wild about the idea of free pasta -- until I needed it. I wanted to try a few swedish foods (smorgasbords, the fish, akvavit) but otherwise, eating out every night was just too expensive. I had the hostel's breakfast (cheap but good and unlimited cereal!), wandered around all day, then and carbo-loaded for the next day's 10 mile walk with a pasta dinner. It was so cheap and perfect. The pub crawl was great, you get a swedish beer, akvavit, a swedish snack (pickled herring) and got to meet fellow travelers. It marked a lot of things off my list! I found out the sauna + lake jumping activity is only in Winter, so maybe next time. Still enjoyed the free sauna. Plus free wifi (yay!), and I used their computers quite a bit for planning my next trips. Overall -- a wonderful hostel!  , age 26, USA ()
5   Friendly and cheap (for sweden) one of the best places i've been to on the trip. stayed here four nights and loved it. it's too pricey to go out drinking in scandinavia so everyone just sits in the courtyard and does it. it's also close to the station and very clean. has free internet too!  , Canada ()
4   Good I stayed here Sept. 2006. clean. lockers. free internet. good showers. close to train. have to take your shoes off in this hostel. guy at reception was rude.  , canada ()
4   Great Hostel Nice facilities -- Friendly, helpful staff. Great place to meet people. Great location in a great city! I've stayed at a ton of hostels and this one is on my favorite list.  , USA ()
4  Overall this hostel was pretty good. The good points were that it had free pasta, was close walking distance from the train station, had free internet and a cappuccino machine, which was really really cool and unheard of for a hostel. The bad points were that it was kinda institutional and the downstairs rooms didn't have windows. There are upstairs rooms which I'd recommend if you stay here. If you are claustrophobic or really scared of being trapped in a fire the downstairs simply wouldn't work for you. Stockholm is a great city.  , USA ()
City BackPackers Hostel Stockholm Reviews from the Web