Perminalen Hotel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Perminalen Hotel" at Øvre Slottsgate 2.)

Øvre Slottsgate 2, City Centre, Oslo, Oslo, Norway
+47 23 09 30 81
+47 23 09 35 59

How is Perminalen Hotel rated on other websites?

Good staff but furniture needs a refurbishment
The staff were friendly and really helpful. However I didn't like to bother them for them to mak me a tea one evening. The TV lounge really comfortable but under populated. The TV in my room wasn't working. Not sure if a TV in a hostel room is a good idea anyway -- probably not. I don't trust wooden furniture in hostels after taking a bedbug infestation home from me one time. Old, unkempt wooden furniture as in this hostel made me paranoid. Also there was no way to lock the locker. the desks and table were a nice touch. The Perminalen needs to invest in some plastic/metal beds and lockers to see me return there! Summary -- The bathroom was excellent. The breakfast superb. The location really useful. Staff helpful.
Jay
Age 45, England
2015-06-09

Really Clean, Not So Social
This hostel is in a great location, really close to Central station, shopping area, and many transit options. The hostel itself is a clean building that is set up like apartments. I stayed in a 4bed dorm and it was a pleasant experience. The breakfast was outstanding! There were juice, coffee, pastries, meats, cheeses, and other options -- I think I really enjoyed the breakfast the most. Keep up all the good work -- thanks!
Mitchell
Age 25, USA
2015-05-01

Excellent stay
This was a centrally-located and affordable place for my husband and I to crash in Oslo for a night. The front desk staff were extremely helpful, and helped move us into a two person room (which we really appreciated!). The breakfast was awesome and included a variety of different foods. No coffee, but there is no shortage of coffee options in Oslo. I would definitely recommend this place to others.
Sara
Age 30, USA
2015-04-26

Rather spiffy
The whole place is very nice -- new, clean, nicely furnished. I was in a 4 bed women's room which had a closet for each occupant, a reading light at each bed and a very nice bathroom. Also there was a desk and a table w/2 chairs in the room. (It might have seemed a little crowded if we'd actually used all that furniture, the room's not that big.) Linens are included and already on the bed. For some reason you have to pay extra for the towel (10 krone). A buffet breakfast in a pleasant dining room is included in the price. This is actually a hotel, not a hostel, but you pay for a bed not a room, and end up in a dormitory situation like in a hostel. (Also since it's a hotel, there is no communal kitchen.) The hotel staff are helpful and very nice. The desk is staffed all night and you can get a wake-up call.
Barbara
2013-09-21

Clean/Expensive
This place was more like a hotel rather than hostel if it wasn't for the bunk beds! Stayed in a four bed all girl dorm, was there briefly to sleep, get up and go early in the morning. The 'community' room was pretty sterile, not much going on there. Positives -- Very clean, very friendly people, will pack you breakfast to go if you leave before 7AM, but I hear the regular breakfast is quite good. Rooms spacious, with desk and table and chairs. Good are to store belongings in room, just doesn't lock. Room however did have a hotel type card lock. Cons -- Expensive, a bit sterile in environment, have to pay $10KR for a towel, no place to lock up your things, though they did have storage in the rooms (but no way to secure).
marnie
Age 46, USA
2013-07-02

Comfortable
This hotel is a nice place to relax, reasonably priced and in a good location. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The breakfast is great and you can definitely skip lunch. Bear in mind that this is not a hostel, but a hotel with dormitory style accommodation, therefore lacking common areas and the atmosphere of a hostel.
Anthony
2012-08-02

Very good option
It is located in the Centre of Oslo, were we be able to go to pubs, shops, get the train. Staff were very nice and the room was very comfortable, all clean and cozy. Being a Portuguese Student-worker (nowadays i am in the military) i had not much money and this nice hotel was not expensive being an hotel in the centre of a North European Country Main City. It was a very good time!
SB
(Portugal)
2008-09-11

Good!
Good location. Very friendly staff. VERY NICE breakfast. I stayed in a 4-bed dorm and the room is very clean. So is the bathroom. It might cost a little more than other hostels, but the cleanliness and the good breakfast make up for it. One note: they have large closets in the room but can't be locked (I supposed that's partly because it's more like a hotel and not set up as "dorm" room. Security doesn't seem like a problem though so I'm fine with that).
Robbie