Livingstone Backpackers

How is Livingstone Backpackers rated on other websites?
5   Clean, secure, cheap, and fun. Stayed there for 4 days with my boyfriend and was well impressed. Staff were excellent, rooms very clean and secure, and pool and bar area great for relaxing. Overall one of the best hostels I have stayed in.  , UK ()
5   Excellent, friendly, new. Cheap. This hostel has just opened and everything is clean new and its super cheap. We thought the place was excellent and would not hesitate to recommend it. They have a cabanna bar, jacuzzi, and climbing wall. Great vibe by the swimming pool.  , UK ()
1  I was in Livingstone, staying somewhere else and went over to livingstone backpackers to check it out because i heard there was a new hostel. The guard at the gate would not even let me in the gate. I am a black american who lives in Zambia and have had this trouble before but have never been denied entry. I ask for the manager to voice my complaint at the discrimination by the guard. She was totally dismissive of my complaint. Like I said I had this problem before, but the management at other places have been apologetic and I have never had any other problems after my complaint. Don't stay at a place that blatantly discriminates against others.  , US ()