Wake Up! Cairo Hostel

How is Wake Up! Cairo Hostel rated on other websites?
1   They stole money from me!! This hostel was very nice but be careful. Everyone that works there a bunch of thrives. They told me to leave my backpack in the corner of the room so I can go out to see the pyramids and when I returned they had stolen 150 bucks from my bag and then tried to say it wasn't them. There was no one else staying at the hostel and then when I confronted then they said they have lockers but they failed to mention that when we checked in. They denied that they stole money from me but I know they did but there was nothing I could do to prove it either way they are all thieves at that hostel.  , age 27, Canada ()
5   Just Great It is the perfect location at the museum two bus stations and close to the train station. The staff helped us get everything we needed. It was quit and very clean. The breakfast was great and enough to hold us until lunch. Kudos to the staff especially the lady that makes breakfast and mint tea. The owner even came by to make sure we had everything we needed. I intend to stay at the Wake up before we depart Egypt. The perfect hideout in a big city.  , age 65, usa ()
4   Great view, good staff, but noisy We paid for the private room, which was lovely except for it sharing a wall with the common room. We had annoying teenagers partying all night -- we had a 5am flight to get up for and asked nicely to keep it down, and the staff wouldn't lift a finger to help. But unlike most Egyptian hostels, they didn't push their tours on you. We got a free Giza tour for staying 3 nights and it was awesome. Location is good -- walking distance to the Egyptian Museum. And, like most Cairo hostels, it's in an abandoned skyscraper with a bombed-out lobby. Don't be afraid! The hostel is much nicer than you'd think, with the same view of Cairo & the Nile as the Cairo Hilton but at just $20/USD per night.  , USA ()
Wake Up! Cairo Hostel Reviews from the Web