Very kind owner, very helpful when we arrived. Great room, nice and big and the bathroom was clean. Good shower. Beautiful view of the harbour front, awesome location.
clean place. on the water. room was a suite more than a room. all amenities were there with good location on the water. try to get the room with the balcony!
A great location, right on the harbour with some lovely allbeit expensive restaurants very close by! Got a short straw with the size and view of the room but Nadi a member of staff was very helpful and friendly! Would recommend!
Excellent location and helpfulness of staff.
You would not get a better location, very friendly and helpful staff, good value.
The location is awesome, right by the waters. The hostess is very friendly and helpful. The room and amenity are great for the price. It took me awhile to maneuver my way to the hotel from the bus station. A drawback is that the hotel requires you to pay the balance in cash (Euros) immediately at check-in before you were even given a key. This condition was not stated on this website or on any postings or signs at the hotel and came as a surprise.
I think Villa Venezia is a great place to stay in Chania! It was perfect location right in the harbour and close to a beautiful beach and all the old sights. Its close to food and shopping and the bus station, I really enjoyed staying here. It was clean and the lady working there was exremely helpful, it was great. You cant get a better price as well!
Great location and lovely owner,this is the place to be in Chania
Large rooms with cooking facilities. Location central and great view of harbour.
Location x 3. Nice restaurant downstairs where Villa Venezia guest receive a discount. Beautiful view of the harbour from our window. Lovely ambience, very charming.
Location and view. The owner is very friendly and helpful. She makes you feel most at home
Nadi was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and quiet and in a perfect location in the old town of Chania. Great place to stay!
Owner was very nice and helpful. The location was amazing - right on the harbor.
The hostel is located on the seafront in the old venetian harbor, and the view from the room was very nice. The room matched exactly the description on the website, no bad surprises. Mrs. Nadia who runs the property is very friendly and very helpful. Dimitris, Athens.
Right beside the old venetian harbour with a direct sea view. The overall feel is more like a luxurious apartment rather than a hostel... the owner Nadi was very helpful and friendly and gave us recommendations of where to go and wat to do... 2 thumbs up!
The host is very friendly. The room's very clean. The bathroom's very clean as well.
Facing the sea front of the Old Venetian Harbour, Villa Venezia is a small charming traditional hotel with amazing sea views.
It is located in the heart of the beautiful Old Town at walking distance from the new town of Chania.
Nearby are a number of galleries, museums, night clubs and bars. Villa Venezia is surrounded by cafès, traditional Greek restaurants, craft shops, picturesque alleys and the Marina. The hotel is 10 min walking distance from the beach.
Build by Venetian lords 400 years ago, hotel Villa Venezia has been restored with respect to tradition.
All rooms include:
- TV, air conditioning, own bathroom and refrigerator
- Full kitchen facilities exclusively on studios and apartments
- Free wireless internet access, parking next to the hotel
- Boat tours, cheap car rental and any other information available at reception
- 24hr breakfast available: 5 € each.
Please note: We have a 5 day cancellation policy!
Location and Contact
• How to get to us... • By plane • ------------------- • Our closest international airport is Chania with direct and charter flights. • The website of Athens airport (Elefterios Veniselos) http://www.aia.gr/ gives information for the flights to Chania, public transport in Athens and other connections. • From the airport • ------------------- • The airport of Chania is located about 8m/12km east of the town center. The taxi fare to the Old Harbour of Chania is 20 €. • By sea • ------------------- • Ferries - ANEK LINES run regularly from Athens port (Pireus) to the port of Souda. • ANEK LINES • International Bookings: +30 210 41 97 430 • Domestic Bookings: +30 210 41 97 420 • E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • More info: http://www.anek.gr/ • From the port • ------------------- • The port of Souda is located 4m/6km east from Chania. • - The bus stop is at the port exit (buy tickets in the bus). • Get off at the last stop, continue by foot in the same direction and turn right at the third crossing (Halidon street). At its end there is a small square with a fountain ( 'Elefterios Venizelos'). Cross the square and walk left to the sea front to Villa Venezia. • - Alternatively, in the morning, until 11.00am you can take a taxi to the hotel entrance. The taxi fare is 10 €. • By taxi • ------------------- • - In the morning, until 11.00am the Old Harbour is open for cars and your taxi will stop at the hotel. • - After 11.00am your taxi will stop at the end of Halidon street, near a small square with a fountain ('Elefterios Veniselos'). Cross the square and walk left along the sea front to Villa Venezia. • - Depending on the traffic, the taxi could stop at the parking near the Naval Museum. You turn right and continue by foot to the Old Harbour. After passing the museum building you will see Villa Venezia. • On the ground floor there is a Greek tavern named 'Korali'. Cross it and you are at the main entrance. • Ring the bell on your right. • Please, let me know, when it is possible, at what time you will be arriving. Thank you. • By car • ------------------- • The best thing to do is to park your car in the car park near to the Naval Museum, 200m from the hotel. • - If you enter Chania from Iraklion, Rethimnon or Souda you must drive towards to the town centre. On your right you will see a covered market, after three sets of traffic lights you will see the big red sign of a home electrical store (Kotsovolos'). Take the first right - Pireos street until the sea front. Then the Naval Museum will be on your right and the hotel - 200m further along. • Cross the tavern 'Korali' on the ground floor and you are at the main entrance. Ring the bell on your right. • Please, let me know when it is possible at what time you will be arriving. Thank you. • From the bus station • --------------------------- • The bus station is located in the town (73 - 77 Kidonia street). Walk along Kidonia str. to the centre town and on your left you will see a square ('1866'). Cross it and continue by Halidon street. At its end there is a small square with a fountain ('Elefterios Venizelos'). Cross the square and continue to the sea front to Villa Venezia. This walk from the bus station to the hotel takes 10 minutes by foot. • -You could also take a taxi. The taxi fare is about 5 €. • Please, let me know when it is possible at what time you will be arriving. Thank you. • We are open from 9am. • If you arrive earlier you can wait in the 24hr coffee shop called 'Gallini' on the right of the hotel, where you get a 10% discount or English breakfast for 5 €. • I will come and collect you from there. • Kind Regards, • Ms. Nadi Bakalova • Managing director • Villa Venezia • 36 Akti Koundouriotou str. • Old Venetian Harbour • Chania • Crete • Greece
Akti Koundouriotou 36, Old Venetian Harbour, Chania,
Villa Venezia is listed on the following booking sites: