The only regret I have: that I didn't stay all length of my trip at Walter Rooms. I had to compare my stays in Rome:
1. at expensive hotel,
2.and at a mid range hotel,
3.with Walter Rooms.
Walter rooms were better. It just was not looking expensive. But it is not about a looks ,- what is important, isn't it?
1. Most important for me is value for money.
When I was checking out from expensive hotel,- I got VERY high additional bill with city fees and taxes. When I did stay at mid range hotel,- fees and taxes were still steep, on top of linen/towel hire!
Walter rooms city tax was pleasantly low. Partly because it has a lowest price even compare to other hostels.
Your money can stretch for much longer in Walter Rooms.
2. WIFI was 10 times better that in expensive hotel!!!!!! Never had any problems in Walter Rooms. WIFI was a main reason I checked out from expensive hotel. I did try in few hotels and hostels (I had work to do online), - but Walter Rooms was fastest.
3. Location absolutely incredible: short walk to Termini station or couple stops ride on a tram,- from door to door.
A lot of roads in a center of Rome are cobblestone roads. After rolling a suitcases for longer time, to/from other hotels,- I learned to appreciate Walter Rooms,- how short is a walk and how good is a surface of road.
4.Other hostels what I looked in,- did not had elevator. Walter Rooms, - has. (I hate to drug my luggage upstairs.)
5. Walter and his staff were so kind to guests. This review will be too long if I will describe it.
6. It was plenty of free food offered to a guests (even the one what Walter was cooking for himself and his girlfriend!!!).
7. It was very easy to find and to get into a hostel, because:
a) I read ALL email what was send to me after booking. Everything was explained.
b)I put arrival time into my booking. I wrote email and called upon arrival.
It is a small hostel (not a big chain) at a center of Rome,- of cause arrival time has to be organised!
8. Quiet building with thick walls, quiet street. Good sleep at night.
9. Mosquito net on window. Result ,- no mosquitoes in Walter Rooms. My expensive hotel was a nightmare!
10. Hot shower. Ensuite bathroom in a female dorm, so it is no need to get dressed to go to bathroom. Extra bathroom is available in hallway.
11. High ceilings with a thick walls, with fan. Because of it,- one day when it was plus 36 C outside,- it was OK inside Walter Rooms.
Overall it is a 5 stars quality for modest price and modest looking tiny hostel. If you used to big hotels/ hostels,- pay more and book there. I would came back to Walter Rooms. I highly recommend it to others.