Alex Villa Hostel, Bucharest

6.0

Alex Villa Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

HostelsClub Hostelworld

How is Alex Villa Hostel rated on booking websites?

Alex Villa Hostel Reviews

Not respectable, rude

i want to tell anyone planning to come to this villa to choose another place. the owner is so rude. he is looking just for the money. he does not know how to treat people. and i want to add something else, the owner is a big liar. he thinks that he knows all the life domains. and by the way, sorry, but he's just a piece of shit. bad experience.

2016-06-05
Age 28 | usa

I didn't like!

I didn't like. In the night the owner made a meet with his friend in the Kitchen, then nobody could use there. owner extremely rude. bad experience.

Fábio
2011-09-29
Brazil

Could be better.

Was only told breakfast was canceled after id payed for the night. The mattress was thin and the room cold so only having a thin blanket meant i didnt really sleep. I didnt enjoy alex villa much so cant really recommend it.

Dave
2008-10-10
England

Very good

alex is a very interesting and good man. He speaks many languages, and is an excellent cook. He is always busy working on the villa, and preparing meals in the kitchen. I asked for a private space, and he gave up his own room. He took me out one night in his car, touring Bucharest. Price was good, nice atmosphere, great dog (puppy), and friendly fellow travelers. i recommend alex villa.

scott thill
2008-05-30
usa

Owners extremely rude -- Doesn't live up to promisses

The common space is hogged by the owner's family. Ditto the kitchen. They will just come and kick you out when they want and hassle you to hurry up even though you get no notice. Very unwelcoming place. You could make yourself a hot drink though. Price was ok but there are other hostels around now, so the attitude ruined the place. I'd never stay there again.

Traveller
2008-05-16
UK

Alex Villa Hostel Reviews from the Web

Perfect location, very friendly and helpful staff

2015-12-10

the owner Alex is a cheerful man ,they showed great character and made me feel comfortable. The place is affordable and affords you a short walking exercise to metro universitate .Ideal place especially for those on a short stay in Bucharest

Fidelis
2015-10-08
Zimbabwe

Liked: Excellent location and friendly stuff Didn't like: -

2015-08-03

very cosy house in an excellent quiet district

Sofiya
2014-05-05
Bulgaria

I was surprised about what I saw in the pictures and what I found there, in a bad way.

Sorin
2013-09-04
Romania

This hostel is a great place to stay. I have learned that it is best to stay in hostels first qnd get the help from the staff to learn the good bad and the ugly about the country. The man that runs this place has helped me beyond any help I ever thought I could get. Alex is a very smart man that knows all about Romania. I am blessed to have chosen this place to stay.

Robert
2012-10-22

Is not a good place to stay... they were really rude with us, they dont give you any type of information about the city, and there is no one in the reception. The owner came inside the room whenever he wanted without knocking the door and they didnt give us a key for the room. The room was always cold because the heating didnt work correctly and was the same with the shower.

The price is cheap, but im sure that you can find a better place for the same price.

Jorge
2012-02-06
Spain

I really welcoming place and great value for money. the town center is a good place to start and finish the night.I had a great trip and would like to thank you and all your staff for a wonderful stay and hospitality......

Thanks once again.

silviu
2011-09-30
Romania

Liked: good Didn't like: nothing

2011-09-24

Liked: Ok Didn't like: The owner was not nice or friendly at all.

2011-08-04

Liked: Clean place, only a fifteen or so minute walk to Lipscani with all the cool bars and restaurants, cheap. Didn't like: Pretty much the only reason I stayed an extra night in Bucharest was to use the internet and research for my trip. Despite asking three times I was provided with the wrong wireless password each time and so wasted a whole day. This was rectified at night with a different staff member, however. The 'double room' was just two singles pushed together, which isn't too comfortable if you're a couple. Overall a decent place.

2011-07-29

We go twice to that hostel. First at our arrival in Bucarest. Arriving late (10pm) we were welcome a little coldly. The next morning there was nobody to help us with out to move in the city.

Second time (12 days after), the warden was absent due to an emergency when we come to the hostel and there was no message to tell us when he expect to come back. So, after wainting 2 hours we go to another hostel

Jean Denis
2011-06-14
France

The hostel is not suitable for people, who are allergic to cats. The standard double bed private room is in the basement and the daylight comes through a very small window. The possition of the hostel is good.

Petya
2011-05-08
Bulgaria

Located close to the University Square. The rooms are very clean and spacious, but there are no locks for them, only for the front door. Value for money.

Gergana
2010-06-08
Bulgaria

Alex Villa is the most centrally situated hostel in Bucharest , it's 10 minutes a walk , away from the University Plaza(Piata
Universitatii) , which is between two other well known plazas , Roman Plaza (Piata Romana) and United Plaza(Piata Unirii).
In these plazas are most of the clubs , restaurants , markets and public transportation.

• From main train station (Gara de Nord):
• * take the trolley bus 85 till Calea Mosilor stop
• * walk forward towards the park (Izvorul Rece park) till Izvorul Rece Restaurant, there turn write on the Sf Stefan street and turn left on the second street (Avram Iancu)
• From the airports (Otopeni or Baneasa):
• * take the bus 783 to Piata Universitatii
• * take the trolley bus 69, 70, 85, 90 or 92, Carol I Bd. direction till Calea Mosilor stop

Address: Avram Iancu Street, 5, Bucharest (București), Romania

Alex Villa Hostel is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Not listed at Booking.com HostelsClub

Website Alex Villa Hostel Bucharest (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: 0213133198

Currency Exchange

Reception Hours: All Day, All Night

Size: Small (less than 30 beds)

Rate Alex Villa Hostel