The Intern Inn of Washington, DC

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "The Intern Inn of Washington, DC" at 4115 8th Street NW.)

4115 8th Street NW, Washington, DC (Washington DC), Washington, DC, USA
38.941402, -77.023117 (accuracy not guaranteed)
+1 (202) 629-3860/ 2024505748

How is The Intern Inn of Washington, DC rated on other websites?

Cool, temporarily
This place was pretty much a free for all. Just a few RAs but not real management which is great for temporary stays. They say it's a dry house, but really you can do what you want since no one seems to care. The house holds college kids there, a few workers, a kid (I think it's one of the RAs son) and a couple of older folks ... They offered free food and sucky internet (can't have it all, right) it's basically a frat house. I definitely recommend this place if you're looking for a chill laid back place to hang for a few days. Close to bars and train nearby. It's a great stick and move place. Thanks loftstel!
DJ
Age 23, Indian
2014-10-15

Canceled the reservation
The Hotel Canceled the Reservation the Day of the Check in because of overbooking.
David
Age 20, Germany
2014-08-21

Seemed good
Loftstel seemed great at first with the low prices that I was offered for staying for so long. They were supposed to book me for more than one month but only booked for one. When I tried to pay for the next month, they told me they didn't have space for me and that I needed to find somewhere else to stay. Luckily, I had a friend to stay with until a space opened up again. This happened to 3 other people while I was there and they refused to pay for hotel rooms or other accommodations for the guests. They say they have internet, but it rarely works. Maybe 4 hours out of the day, so forget it. The head staff is a nightmare to deal with and many people have left because of them. Even though this place is cheap, the peace of mind of NOT living here is worth about $500 more. The area is safe but people argue outside all the time. There are no bugs in the house. They have a cleaning lady but she doesn't speak English so when she is throwing your food away, unless you speak Spanish, you're out of luck. The towels smell good. I just don't think it's worth it to live here.
Sandra
Age 20, USA
2014-07-10

Not so awesome ...
Arrived and they had no record of my booking. Had to show proof via booking website emails. They charged my card even though I wanted to pay cash, and the bathrooms were dirty and clogged half the time. Was in a 6 person room that was covered in "stuff" that belonged to the long term guests. Closet packed full, and makeup and stuff out on every surface. I didn't have a place to set my bags, because one of the long term girls there kept moving my stuff, I ended up having to sleep with my suitcase in my bed. I think it would be fine if you were going to be a long term guest, but the short term backpackers are treated like dirt. The walk from the train station to hostel in dark with bags thru the ghetto is horrible too.
(US)
2010-12-13

Was ok
Loftstel seemed great at first. The staff were friendly and fun and really made you feel at home. Things went downhill after the first couple of days. Kylee -- who i think was in charge -- was not nice and made me feel uncomfortable. Kur'sat was cool. Andy was cool as well. Bobbie was not very friendly and acted like she was to cool as well. The neighborhood is not safe at all. People were shot up and down the street and right outside of the metro as well. There is no good places to eat or drink close by which sucked as well. I would recommend this loftstel if Kylee and Bobbie didnt work there and it was in a better part of town.
durden