The Intern Inn of Washington, DC, Washington, DC

6.9

Sadly, this hostel has closed.

On the bright side, there are more hostels in Washington, DC...

Compare Hostel Prices for Washington, DC

your hostels in Washington, DC

Check directly alternative Hostels with Hostelworld.com.

How is The Intern Inn of Washington, DC rated on booking websites?

The Intern Inn of Washington, DC Reviews

Cool, temporarily

This place was pretty much a free for all. Just a few RAs but not real management which is great for temporary stays. They say it's a dry house, but really you can do what you want since no one seems to care. The house holds college kids there, a few workers, a kid (I think it's one of the RAs son) and a couple of older folks ... They offered free food and sucky internet (can't have it all, right) it's basically a frat house. I definitely recommend this place if you're looking for a chill laid back place to hang for a few days. Close to bars and train nearby. It's a great stick and move place. Thanks loftstel!

DJ
2014-10-15
Age 23 | Indian

Canceled the reservation

The Hotel Canceled the Reservation the Day of the Check in because of overbooking.

David
2014-08-21
Age 20 | Germany

Seemed good

Loftstel seemed great at first with the low prices that I was offered for staying for so long. They were supposed to book me for more than one month but only booked for one. When I tried to pay for the next month, they told me they didn't have space for me and that I needed to find somewhere else to stay. Luckily, I had a friend to stay with until a space opened up again. This happened to 3 other people while I was there and they refused to pay for hotel rooms or other accommodations for the guests. They say they have internet, but it rarely works. Maybe 4 hours out of the day, so forget it. The head staff is a nightmare to deal with and many people have left because of them. Even though this place is cheap, the peace of mind of NOT living here is worth about $500 more. The area is safe but people argue outside all the time. There are no bugs in the house. They have a cleaning lady but she doesn't speak English so when she is throwing your food away, unless you speak Spanish, you're out of luck. The towels smell good. I just don't think it's worth it to live here.

Sandra
2014-07-10
Age 20 | USA

Not so awesome ...

Arrived and they had no record of my booking. Had to show proof via booking website emails. They charged my card even though I wanted to pay cash, and the bathrooms were dirty and clogged half the time. Was in a 6 person room that was covered in "stuff" that belonged to the long term guests. Closet packed full, and makeup and stuff out on every surface. I didn't have a place to set my bags, because one of the long term girls there kept moving my stuff, I ended up having to sleep with my suitcase in my bed. I think it would be fine if you were going to be a long term guest, but the short term backpackers are treated like dirt. The walk from the train station to hostel in dark with bags thru the ghetto is horrible too.

2010-12-13
US

Was ok

Loftstel seemed great at first. The staff were friendly and fun and really made you feel at home. Things went downhill after the first couple of days. Kylee -- who i think was in charge -- was not nice and made me feel uncomfortable. Kur'sat was cool. Andy was cool as well. Bobbie was not very friendly and acted like she was to cool as well. The neighborhood is not safe at all. People were shot up and down the street and right outside of the metro as well. There is no good places to eat or drink close by which sucked as well. I would recommend this loftstel if Kylee and Bobbie didnt work there and it was in a better part of town.

durden
2008-04-01
Canada

Visit us online at www.loftstel.com.

**********
Please note that your remaining balance is automatically charged to your credit card when you make a reservation.
**********
Please note that you MUST have a passport for check-in (no exceptions), and that you must have a valid university ID to qualify for the student discount. If you have questions about your eligibility for our student/intern discount, please contact us.

CHECK OUT OUR MONTHLY RATES ONLINE
We have monthly rates starting at $500 per month. We cater exclusively to long-term guests such as international students & interns. While most hostels are designed to accommodate a revolving door of guests who only plan to stay for a few nights, we designed our hostel with the long-term guest in mind. This includes features such as huge common areas and full kitchens.

FREEDOM FOR BACKPACKERS
Are you traveling throughout the United States? Guests staying with us receive free accommodations & transportation at any of our other locations! Check out our terms and conditions online for details.

FLEXIBILITY AND LOW MONTHLY RATES
If you reserve a spot for a month, you can check-out early at any time and receive a full refund on the days that you don’t use. This is great option if you’re new to Washington DC and are searching for an apartment.

MEET SOME NEW FRIENDS
Washington DC is a big, fast-paced city, which makes it especially intimidating to new guests. Luckily, you can plan on making some great new friends, and many of our guests end up befriending each other and getting apartments together! Here's a rough breakdown of the demographic of our guests:

* Average length of stay: 5 weeks
* Median age: 24 years
* Gender ratio: 39% male, 61% female
* International mix: 58% are foreign

LOTS OF FREE AMENITIES
All of our room options include the following amenities:

- Free wireless internet (if you have a laptop)
- Free public computer to check your email
- Free phone with free international & long-distance calling
- Free accommodations in any of our other locations
- Free HBO on demand & Wii on our flat-screen TV
- Free detergent & dryer sheets with use of our washer/dryer
- Free street parking for your car in front of the building
- Free towels & linen
- Free kitchen access with cookware & dinnerware provided
- Free personal locker & closet storage
- Free sleeping masks & ear plugs
- Funky design to make you feel right at home
- A great place to meet other young students & travelers from around the world

If you’re staying in a bunk bed, please bring a small padlock with you for your locker. We will provide all linens and towels.

CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
You can get added to the Loftstel network of guests. You’ll be able to browse the photo galleries of other guests, email questions to Loftstel, chat with current and former guests, and become eligible for discounts on future reservations!

24 HOUR ACCESS AND CONVENIENT LOCATION
The Georgia Ave / Petworth metro station is 4 blocks away and runs 24 hours a day. It takes 10 minutes to get to the White House. In addition, there are no lock-outs or curfews, and you can enter and leave the building 24 hours a day.

PAYMENT / CANCELLATION POLICY
Your payment through HostelBookers secures your reservation and is non-refundable. Please note that your remaining balance will be charged to your credit card prior to your check-in. Our check-in time is 1pm. We will give full refunds if you notify us via email within 7 days. Any days that fall within the 7 day period will be subject to a 50% cancellation fee, and any cancellations the day of your check-in will not receive a refund. For more details on our terms and conditions, please visit our website.

Visit www.loftstel.com/dc/aboutus/maps.html for maps & directions to the hostel.

Videogames

Sadly, this hostel has closed.

On the bright side, there are more hostels in Washington, DC...

Compare Hostel Prices for Washington, DC