MILAN: a city for all to admire, understand, and savour. This enchanting provincial capital of Lombardy never stops amazing the visitor. And the Piero Rotta Hostel, located about 30 km from the Helvetian border is an excellent base to discover the secrets of the splendid Duomo, the masterpieces of the Brera Gallery, the artistic-cultural jewels of the Scala Museum or the Ambrosiana Gallery, and the evocative Sforzesco Castle. There is also the possibility for daytrips to the Certosa di Pavia, the Abbazia di Chiaravalle, to Sabbioneta, to Mantua, and the lakes. Within the hostel's neighbourhood, there is a swimming pool, tennis courts, and jogging tracks.
• From any one of Milan's 3 International Airports, take the Express/Shuttle Coach waiting outside the Terminal Buildings marked Milan. This will drop you at Milan's Central Railway Station (roughly a 1hr ride). From there you will be joined by all those arriving by train, head undergound for the Metro. From Milano Centrale's Green line stop, go as far as Cadorna (direction of train Abbiategrasso) and then take the Red line (be sure the direction of the train is Rho Fiera), getting off at the stop called QT8 on Linea 1 (Red line) of Milan's Underground system. Exit in the direction of "Youth Hostel " Straight on for 150 metres. The hostel is on the corner of Via Calliano.
• For those arriving by bus (number 91) get off at the penultimate stop on the route, namely 'Elia Stuparich'. Exit Piazza Stuparich, taking Viale Salmoiraghi and the hostel is on the left, 50 metres on.
• For those coming by car. Exit the motorway at Lampugnano or Viale Certosa and following signs for Fiera, Piazzale Lotto or Stadio San Siro will take you in the general direction of the Youth Hostel.
• By Taxi, inform the driver of your destination as Ostello della Gioventù, the address is Viale Salmoiraghi number 1 (numero uno).
• Many hostel/tourist guides give the address as Via Martino Bassi 2. Closed for years now to motor vehicle traffic, Via Bassi is merely a small road behind the hostel, useful only to the postman.
Information and questions about
* membership and
* bookings (attn of MRS SILVIA MORELLI &/OR MRS SILVIA TROVO)
* groups (attention of MRS CLAUDIA DAVI)
direct line (00 39) 338 946 01 42
* renting of rooms/halls/stereo for events and soirees incl. parties, banquets, dances, beetle drives, whist nights, bridge, darts, families(attention of DR. LUCIA M. M. CHESSA)
*adult entertainment direct line: (00 39) 02 39 25 016
* our licensed bar * opening times * administration
* travel and transport * tourism
* our showers, saunas and wellness facilities
* our gym and sports club * our NEW restaurant
* our open-eye and open-mind policy * liberty program
* discounts * visa & passport (including invitations)
* radio Lifegate * recycling centre
* consular and embassy issues
and all other queries plus any feedback ....
TO DR. MONA M. MACXIM email:
direct line: 00 39 340 292 39 86.